Would you commit to Auburn right now?

AUght2win

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

I won't accuse you of that, I'll just say your memory is faulty. Your cognitive abilities may even be as bad as the guy in the meme you just posted.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I won't accuse you of that, I'll just say your memory is faulty. Your cognitive abilities may even be as bad as the guy in the meme you just posted.

https://247sports.com/college/central-florida/join/?promo=JOIN

https://ucf.forums.rivals.com/forums/ucf-fan-forum.8/

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Other than hoping he has success, I don't follow Coach Malzahn any more. You should get some of the other haters who can't let go to go to those sites with you. Ya'll can carry your bitterness and spite over there.

• Haha 1

To answer the title of the thread - Yes, I 100% would commit to Auburn right now and everyday after. If I had elite talent, I would have the confidence to believe that I could come in and turn the program around like Bo Jackson & Cam Newton. I’m a die hard Auburn that could never see myself going anywhere else!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he has the right to post what he believes. people have the right to disagree. they should not have the right to belittle, name call, and badger folks.

I don’t agree entirely with your premise because I think Mikey likes to agitate and he has annoyed me many  times before. But I like that he answers honest questions in a debate. 

I appreciate your point and what you’re trying to do here. The name calling is off putting, unless the poster has asked for it by doing the same. The piling on feels excessive. Good for you for doing what you felt was right. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

It wasn't Gus. I believe it was Horton and EJ

@Mikey laugh all you want. I know there's no way you'll ever believe WDE or me, so here is Horton talking about it himself.

http://www.sidelines.live/sidelines-9-april-2021/

Kick Six - FG BLOCK was the CALL (not a return)

"Coach, where were you (box or on field) on THE play, and take us inside the headsets." Horton was clearly glad to get this question, and I imagine being gone from AU and Gus's staff, he felt very free to tell it like it went down - at least through his eyes and ears.

"I was on the field, on that sideline, and in fact, almost got run over by Chris as he raced down that sideline. Prior to the play, on the headsets the coaches are talking as the officials try to determine if one second goes back on the clock. We've got Ryan Smith back in the end zone to catch the kick or defend on a fake, and a time out gets called. Ellis Johnson (DC) says on the headset, 'if we're gonna put a deep guy back there, let's put Chris Davis in, our returner."

I asked Tim if the call was "punt return left", and to my great surprise, he said "No, it was not. We had a FG BLOCK ON, but once the block was called - and this is where some people may not admit this, but it looks on the play like we deliberately set up a WALL. We didn't set up a wall. It was all FAKE. I hate to tell you, but we weren't THAT well coached!"

I then joke with Horton that 'what you need to do at that point, Coach, is tell people 'Of course, it was a called punt return left'. (Which to my memory, is pretty much how Gus played the ensuing folklore on the Kick Six, and WTH, I don't blame the guy. Let massive stories just get bigger and better.)

"So it was not a back kick, but Chris took it to the house and the place went nuts on the biggest play in Auburn history if not in college football history."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@Mikey laugh all you want. I know there's no way you'll ever believe WDE or me, so here is Horton talking about it himself.

http://www.sidelines.live/sidelines-9-april-2021/

Kick Six - FG BLOCK was the CALL (not a return)

"Coach, where were you (box or on field) on THE play, and take us inside the headsets." Horton was clearly glad to get this question, and I imagine being gone from AU and Gus's staff, he felt very free to tell it like it went down - at least through his eyes and ears.

"I was on the field, on that sideline, and in fact, almost got run over by Chris as he raced down that sideline. Prior to the play, on the headsets the coaches are talking as the officials try to determine if one second goes back on the clock. We've got Ryan Smith back in the end zone to catch the kick or defend on a fake, and a time out gets called. Ellis Johnson (DC) says on the headset, 'if we're gonna put a deep guy back there, let's put Chris Davis in, our returner."

I asked Tim if the call was "punt return left", and to my great surprise, he said "No, it was not. We had a FG BLOCK ON, but once the block was called - and this is where some people may not admit this, but it looks on the play like we deliberately set up a WALL. We didn't set up a wall. It was all FAKE. I hate to tell you, but we weren't THAT well coached!"

I then joke with Horton that 'what you need to do at that point, Coach, is tell people 'Of course, it was a called punt return left'. (Which to my memory, is pretty much how Gus played the ensuing folklore on the Kick Six, and WTH, I don't blame the guy. Let massive stories just get bigger and better.)

"So it was not a back kick, but Chris took it to the house and the place went nuts on the biggest play in Auburn history if not in college football history."

This is freaking hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i was told gus made the call and another coach suggested putting davis back there. anyone remember that? my memory is bad and i am certainly not looking for a fight.

Ellis Johnson was in the booth, saw the bama formation and made the call. Gus OK's the call. After a timeout and they put their return man back there. Which was Chris Davis. Rest is history. 

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Reading all the anti-Gus BS on this forum caused me to take a couple hours of enjoyment and watch a great Auburn victory. It's funny to watch how the anti-Gussers squirm and wiggle in attempts to deny he ever did anything good. Gus called the time out. Gus made the call. Nobody else had the authority to do so. It was also Gus who told Chizik to run one more play so we wouldn't have to kick off to Oregon in the BCS championship game, you could see that on the sidelines, but Chizik still had to go along with it.

As you well know, the only time I brought Gus up was in response to someone's post disparaging the prior staff, but admitting that would require honesty on your part.

Hold the F on here. So Gus made that call and Chiz OK'd it? That is what happened? Or was it Chiz's call? Please clarify. 

Gus was a GREAT OC. One of the best we have had at AU. He SUCKED at being a HC. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, cbo said:

I don’t agree entirely with your premise because I think Mikey likes to agitate and he has annoyed me many  times before. But I like that he answers honest questions in a debate. 

I appreciate your point and what you’re trying to do here. The name calling is off putting, unless the poster has asked for it by doing the same. The piling on feels excessive. Good for you for doing what you felt was right. 

someone gets it. thank you cbo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Hold the F on here. So Gus made that call and Chiz OK'd it? That is what happened? Or was it Chiz's call? Please clarify. 

Gus was a GREAT OC. One of the best we have had at AU. He SUCKED at being a HC. 

He was a great OC until the rest of the world caught on to his game plans.  He was too stubborn (or just plain unable) to change with the times.  When the fans in the stands are calling the play that is about to be run then you know your in trouble.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tinman said:

He was a great OC until the rest of the world caught on to his game plans.  He was too stubborn (or just plain unable) to change with the times.  When the fans in the stands are calling the play that is about to be run then you know your in trouble.

I agree with this. 2013 was one hell of a year. Nick Marshall is probably my favorite player of all time. What he did in 2013 was magical. He and Cam are right there as far as QB's at AU and magical seasons.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I agree with this. 2013 was one hell of a year. Nick Marshall is probably my favorite player of all time. What he did in 2013 was magical. He and Cam are right there as far as QB's at AU and magical seasons.  

i have nick and cams auto rookie cards. nick was a favorite player as well.

• Like 1

Absolutely I would commit to Auburn right now. But then again, I'm way past my prime, and I'm not picking up a lot of other offers...

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have nick and cams auto rookie cards. nick was a favorite player as well.

Cam was special. Just something about Nick that had me in awe. You would hold your breath ever time he had the ball in his hands. 2013 was my favorite season, beside 2010, that I had since I'd say 1993. Loved 2004 but that 2013 year was amazing. 

1993 UF game was one of the most amazing football games I've ever seen in person. Something about that whole day. The fog rolling in, the game, the atmosphere. Unreal. 

Edited by WarDamnEagleWDE
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Cam was special. Just something about Nick that had me in awe. You would hold your breath ever time he had the ball in his hands. 2013 was my favorite season, beside 2010, that I had since I'd say 1993. Loved 2004 but that 2013 year was amazing. 

1993 UF game was one of the most amazing football games I've ever seen in person. Something about that whole day. The fog rolling in, the game, the atmosphere. Unreal. 

Agree about Nick.... Kid was slicker than a fresh bass and had an uncanny ability to pull a big play out of his ass in seemingly impossible conditions.  When you have a player that can turn a busted play into a big play like that, it can cover up some coaching weaknesses.

3 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Absolutely I would commit to Auburn right now. But then again, I'm way past my prime, and I'm not picking up a lot of other offers...

my dad played for the frosh team in the early fifties and is one reason why i came to aufam. i was hoping i would be pointed in the right direction to find out if he was any good or what his stats might be to no avail with several trying to help. my grandfather on my mothers side i was told taught horseback riding at the rotc and never found anything there either. believe it or not he was in the cavalry in ww1.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Reading all the anti-Gus BS on this forum caused me to take a couple hours of enjoyment and watch a great Auburn victory. It's funny to watch how the anti-Gussers squirm and wiggle in attempts to deny he ever did anything good. Gus called the time out. Gus made the call. Nobody else had the authority to do so. It was also Gus who told Chizik to run one more play so we wouldn't have to kick off to Oregon in the BCS championship game, you could see that on the sidelines, but Chizik still had to go along with it.

As you well know, the only time I brought Gus up was in response to someone's post disparaging the prior staff, but admitting that would require honesty on your part.

First off, I want to state unequivocally that Gus did some good--nay, great-- things at Auburn. I give him more credit for the national championship than I do any other coach from that staff, including Chizik. I will always be grateful for his contributions, and I greatly look forward to the day when I can hear someone mention the Kick 6 and Malzahn in the same breath without the knee jerk reaction being a memory of how poorly he did the things that he did poorly.

But the thing is that when one of the perceived deficiencies of his regime is brought up (which is plenty fair, as we are still less than a year removed from his dismissal, and we're still licking our wounds), regardless of whether Gus is mentioned or not, you jump to his defense. 

Meanwhile, you're as skeptical as you possibly can be of Harsin, pointing out every flaw.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I was there in 1993, with my Dad.  That was an amazing day.  Absolutely special day.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

I was there in 1993, with my Dad.  That was an amazing day.  Absolutely special day.

do you remember when stan was struggling and james bostic grabbed him by the facemask and told him to straighten up? i bought bostics rookie auto card because he was special.

• Love 1

I remember most Bostic's short TD run in the south endzone.  I thought he was done, but he made a fantastic cut

And I do remember the pick six...

• Love 1

To answer the title, absolutely. I would cry a lake worth of tears if I had the opportunity to sign with Auburn University in literally any sport.

My family would be over the moon and bragging about it for a century. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I have the guy on ignore and have had him ignore for awhile. I wish that when people quoted him I wouldn't see his messages.

I would suggest you have the wrong guy on ignore, or you need to add one more.😉

14 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To clarify: Gus pointed the situation out, Chizik made the call.