Would you commit to Auburn right now?

AUght2win

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Come on guys lets drop the back and forth its getting old................lets get back to the OP

would you commit to auburn if they said you could never drink another pabst in your life?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he has the right to post what he believes. people have the right to disagree. they should not have the right to belittle, name call, and badger folks.

Agree to disagree. It’s not that serious 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Agree to disagree. It’s not that serious 

can you keep a secret? i mean really?

Hey 50, smoke a “j” and sit this one out, bud.   It is not worth it, Mikey picks fights for his personal amusement, he needs it for his existence.  He don’t care one way or the other he just needs conflict cuz of what he consumes on tv.

• Like 1

Just now, augolf1716 said:

nope

this surprises me..............

Just now, auburnphan said:

Hey 50, smoke a “j” and sit this one out, bud.   It is not worth it, Mikey picks fights for his personal amusement, he needs it for his existence.  He don’t care one way or the other he just needs conflict cuz of what he consumes on tv.

i have never gotten that but i am not saying it is not possible. i have probably already made some enemies but you are right. but let it be known i was just trying to do the right thing.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

What are you talking about?

well i need assurances before i say. in messenger even.

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Come on guys lets drop the back and forth its getting old................lets get back to the OP

I’m not committing. Stop pressuring me!

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he has the right to post what he believes. people have the right to disagree. they should not have the right to belittle, name call, and badger folks.

If everyone has the right to post what they believe, and they believe he is a douche, it isn't badgering. It is posting what they believe in.

A wise man once said "Dont start no $h!t, wont be no $h!t...."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it is his opinion and he has that right to state his beliefs without being attacked almost constantly

Stupid beliefs don't make them untouchable. In fact, I'd argue that the more glaringly wrong the opinion is, the more it necessary to point out the fallibility.  

• Like 5

See, most of the MWC was the former WAC by the time Boise joined. Which is why I have concerns about his record there compared to Peterson and even Hawkins and Koetter.

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

i did smoke one. actually i have the two toke stuff.i had a friend went to colorado and brought me back some smokeable cbd oil called willies reserve. i can say willie knows his stuff. best i ever had. kinda pricey but it lasted about a week.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Sounds like my wife

turn your hearing aid up she said you should be committed and she was not talking sports......grins

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2021 at 8:06 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One more thing here on recruiting. Trend has been that kids really haven't been pulling the trigger in June. Some of it was they wanted to see multiple schools before but some has been to see how schools are handling the new NIL. I do think AU has been out front on the NIL and that won't be a problem moving forward. Lots of things going on with recruiting that the casual fans don't really know. 

If this trend is still going on in October, then lets start to panic. I think we will have maybe 9 new kids commit before the first snap. 

It figures some of the naysayers and doom and gloomers are not upvoting these posts.

• Like 1

Now that Auburn has McPherson, I would commit.   Like today while there are slots.  

I suspect we will have 'fish jumping in the boat' this weekend.   

crazy scared fish whoa jumping GIF

• Like 1

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:
4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

would you commit to auburn if they said you could never drink another pabst in your life?

nope

I respect someone that stands by their principles….even if their “principles” seem to be primarily PBR

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fredst said:

I respect someone that stands by their principles….even if their “principles” seem to be primarily PBR

He said PBR's now if we're talking big big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I'm in like 

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

See, most of the MWC was the former WAC by the time Boise joined. Which is why I have concerns about his record there compared to Peterson and even Hawkins and Koetter.

I posted numbers on this right after Harsin was hired. He faced a significantly tougher SOS than either of the other three, especially the guy who started Boise's run, and he faced it short on numbers because of some BS probation his first three years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It has nothing to do with rankings, but it does have something to do with the perception of how we are doing in recruiting. The paysites are no longer getting inside information like they were with Gus, so apparently JLee is trying to make it appear the same way you are trying to make it appear: As if the sky is falling. Even though it's not.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with rankings. Are you the only other person that can grasp that, or are the others simply ignoring the fact?

I have no idea what their writers are saying. If they are saying the same thing I'm saying, then they are saying it's time to be concerned but not time to jump off the edge.

Edited by Mikey

9 hours ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886b7me0akdp01mt5711m

I thought you said a week ago you had to be mental to be thinking of Gus daily? What changed? 

Reading all the anti-Gus BS on this forum caused me to take a couple hours of enjoyment and watch a great Auburn victory. It's funny to watch how the anti-Gussers squirm and wiggle in attempts to deny he ever did anything good. Gus called the time out. Gus made the call. Nobody else had the authority to do so. It was also Gus who told Chizik to run one more play so we wouldn't have to kick off to Oregon in the BCS championship game, you could see that on the sidelines, but Chizik still had to go along with it.

As you well know, the only time I brought Gus up was in response to someone's post disparaging the prior staff, but admitting that would require honesty on your part.

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Again, there is a huge difference in being concerned and having a wait and see approach to see how things play out, which is totally understandable vs what Mikey has been doing since gus was let go.

My first voicing of concern has been the current state of our recruiting. If you know of earlier concerns/dislikes I've voiced about the current staff, please refresh my memory.

• Facepalm 1