Harsin Zoom Presser 8/25

Maverick.AU

People are so ridiculous when it comes to NS. Apparently our other sports teams at Auburn are close to 100 % vaccination. Not to mention teams like Arkansas and Ole miss have also stated they are close to 100%. I am not trying to make a COVID argument. At this point it is what it is. I am saying learn how to be objective for once. Sometimes, it is not as complicated as some of you want to make it seem.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Good on Harsin for being open enough to change his mind but I don't think he should have even had those questions in the beginning. It takes 5 seconds to google the reason for Wooten to opt out and find an article that has his twitter post with his message to the Auburn family. Him coming out and saying "I'm questioning his commitment" is just another dumb thing Harsin has done when it comes to the pandemic. A young man who is about to be a father can't even take a year off because he's scared for his health and the health of his family without being questioned about his commitment from his new coach. That's messed up.

you know a hit piece was just written on coach for giving out ball caps to press members right? it was claimed he was trying to influence them. with that kind of crap in the papers who would trust the press? like in is case you also have a right to your opinion but it does not make it right just because you think it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

People are so ridiculous when it comes to NS. Apparently our other sports teams at Auburn are close to 100 % vaccination. Not to mention teams like Arkansas and Ole miss have also stated they are close to 100%. I am not trying to make a COVID argument. At this point it is what it is. I am saying learn how to be objective for once. Sometimes, it is not as complicated as some of you want to make it seem.

If Bama was at 50% you'd see ppl being the opposite and hoping we get to 100% and mocking Saban. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Apparently part of the reason the WR group is struggling so much if the difference in offenses. Lots more option routes and depth adjustment based on what the defense is giving them. 

Similarly the OL is being asked to think a lot more and QBs are actually making reads/adjustments.

These young men are being tasked with a lot in a short time period. Can't wait to see how it comes together.

We are blessed that we have two cupcake games to get acclimated instead of our recent Oregon/Clemson/Washington openers.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Apparently part of the reason the WR group is struggling so much if the difference in offenses. Lots more option routes and depth adjustment based on what the defense is giving them. 

Similarly the OL is being asked to think a lot more and QBs are actually making reads/adjustments.

These young men are being tasked with a lot in a short time period. Can't wait to see how it comes together.

We are blessed that we have two cupcake games to get acclimated instead of our recent Oregon/Clemson/Washington openers.

Hopefully, after seeing that two-deep and hearing his comments on Bo, theyll start to lock in all the starters and they can start recognizing these coverages and who to block/ what route to run. Also makes it much more difficult to scheme against from a defensive stand point. Excited ab this for us and these guys. This is what the nfl expects

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They’re basically going from a HS level to a Master’s level and that’s quite a lot to ask in a relatively short period of time.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

You know it is a sad day when we have to make excuses(justified) for our players to learn what is happening for their position that athletes at D3 schools are learning.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

You know it is a sad day when we have to make excuses(justified) for our players to learn what is happening for their position that athletes at D3 schools are learning.

The players were certainly not being helped by the previous staff to get to the next level. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

It is but we finally left that abusive ex and have a new one that makes me feeling secure lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

They’re basically going from a HS level to a Master’s level and that’s quite a lot to ask in a relatively short period of time.

Yup, understanding the concepts can be tough enough when doing it on paper. Now try and do it while running a 4.4 and some of the worlds largest/fastest humans are coming to take your head off.

• Like 2

It will be interesting to see if the guys on our roster that came from more complex high school systems pick up on the terminology and concepts quicker and we see some people on the field we haven’t seen before. I mention this because of the McFadden Kid that was talked about recently. Although I have no idea if his high school offense was any more complex than the other WR’s

50 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That is the thing about these routes where the WR has different options based on how the defense plays him. They look unstoppable when the WR and QB are on the same page and know how to react.....they look equally as bad when it does not work and the WR and QB are not on the same page. Thats when you get one of those where it looks like the QB just flat out threw it to the other team cause the WR went left when the QB was thinking right. I hope our fans are patient enough to realize that is going to happen and when it does its not because our guys are stupid. Its because its an extremely difficult play to execute and thats why the plays are just not getting into the college game. Our guys will get there but there are going to be some ugly plays made along the way. 

Love how open Harsin has been about the depth chart. Just drops the 2 deep on the OL like its nothing and oh btw Kaufman is starting at nickle lol. I have hopes that we can cobble together a decent OL out of the names on that list but man its more hope than confidence. Mainly just glad that none of the names we were expecting to be on the 2 deep are missing mysteriously. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That is the thing about these routes where the WR has different options based on how the defense plays him. They look unstoppable when the WR and QB are on the same page and know how to react.....they look equally as bad when it does not work and the WR and QB are not on the same page. Thats when you get one of those where it looks like the QB just flat out threw it to the other team cause the WR went left when the QB was thinking right. I hope our fans are patient enough to realize that is going to happen and when it does its not because our guys are stupid. Its because its an extremely difficult play to execute and thats why the plays are just not getting into the college game. Our guys will get there but there are going to be some ugly plays made along the way. 

Love how open Harsin has been about the depth chart. Just drops the 2 deep on the OL like its nothing and oh btw Kaufman is starting at nickle lol. I have hopes that we can cobble together a decent OL out of the names on that list but man its more hope than confidence. Mainly just glad that none of the names we were expecting to be on the 2 deep are missing mysteriously. 

He is light years better as an interviewer than Gus. Maybe not better in some people's eyes but definitely refreshing after having Gus' bland repetitive interviews.

15 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He is light years better as an interviewer than Gus. Maybe not better in some people's eyes but definitely refreshing after having Gus' bland repetitive interviews.

Gus was just a weird dude 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Watch out! Don't become a know it all because you're talking football and speaking with some wisdom and logic!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

Gus was just a weird dude 

Still is and now I get to hear him downhere and in the paper daily.............I'm so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

How hard is it to just come out and say "As head coach I set the example. I am vaccinated and I encourage every player on our team who is not yet vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible"? Is that asking too much? How about this then: "I am vaccinated."

Is your point to get vaccinated to win games or to save lives? Cause you could look at the data and see that ppl like Harsin and our players arent the ones dying. You know that the vaccination is not stopping the spread of this virus/new variant right? So it brings me back to the question, are you wanting Harsin to get the vax to save a life or save a game?

My dad (vaccinated) got covid from doing a friend a favor and giving him a ride to work for the last month while the friends truck was being fixed. The friend got sick and gave it to my dad who in turn gave it to my mom (vaccinated). My mom gave it to my kids (9 years old, twins) right before school started unknowingly because neither my mom or dad were showing signs of sickness at the time. My kids gave it to my wife (not vaccinated) and I (vaccinated). Im thankful my parents were vaccinated as Im not sure my mom would have made it. My daughter had a sore throat and headache a couple days my son only had it for a day. My wife had some awful congestion that scared me but only lasted an evening and a night and she was better. I never showed any signs besides a stuffy nose. We all tested and were covid positive.

Edited to say:

Im not anti-vax as you can see Im vaccinated but I dont think we should judge Harsin on his stance. Im as thankful for Harsin as I am Mason to both be strong men and examples for our football team. Hope they produce some great free thinking men.

Edited by AU80cruiser
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Still is and now I get to hear him downhere and in the paper daily.............I'm so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buy some birds with a birdcage and you will feel better.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

That would be interesting.

26 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Im thankful my parents were vaccinated as Im not sure my mom would have made it. 

In that case it's really odd that you still don't understand.

Glad everyone is okay.

19 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Good on Harsin for being open enough to change his mind but I don't think he should have even had those questions in the beginning. It takes 5 seconds to google the reason for Wooten to opt out and find an article that has his twitter post with his message to the Auburn family. Him coming out and saying "I'm questioning his commitment" is just another dumb thing Harsin has done when it comes to the pandemic. A young man who is about to be a father can't even take a year off because he's scared for his health and the health of his family without being questioned about his commitment from his new coach. That's messed up.

Great. You used Google to verify or find your information on a player you never met before. 

You guys take one statement, and right off the bat, he comes across wrongly to you. 

Harsin had every right to ask a player who wasn't on the team last year of his commitment, SINCE he was coming back. 

There were more than likely other players who did play last year that either have children, or were an expectant parent, throughout college football. Wooten used his personal choice to stay at home and be protective. I admire him for that. But I still can question his commitment. 

Now if Harsin had said he had doubts or already had an opinion that would have been judgmental, but all he said is he had 'questions'. 

• Like 1