Harsin Zoom Presser 8/25

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Gus was just a weird dude 

He made covering this beat miserable. Harsin won't and we'll see the difference. He reset the clock with the covid mishandling but that will eventually be forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think it's more of Harsin having football questions of Wooten, and it was not questioning his personal reasons for opting out last year. 

Those that didn't like Harsin's comment on it, now know there are other reasons for someone's comments. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

In that case it's really odd that you still don't understand.

Glad everyone is okay.

Thank you. What do you think is wrong with what I said? You think everyone should get the vaccination to prevent what exactly? The spread happens either way. Do you think it shortens the window? Also, do you think its probable that the vaccination is causing the mutation since it seems to infect people with the vaccination now?

Maybe you've answered all these questions elsewhere but I didnt see it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

Thank you. What do you think is wrong with what I said? You think everyone should get the vaccination to prevent what exactly? The spread happens either way. Do you think it shortens the window? Also, do you think its probable that the vaccination is causing the mutation since it seems to infect people with the vaccination now?

Maybe you've answered all these questions elsewhere but I didnt see it.

Yes, all the questions have been answered sooooo many times. You answered the main one yourself.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, all the questions have been answered sooooo many times. You answered the main one yourself.

Ok, Ill stop here before this becomes another covid thread. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, toddc said:

Those other blow ups in the forum seems  silly now don’t they.

Not really, the information Harsin said in this presser was not known previously and he had trotted out the "its a personal decision" line which has become almost a dog whistle for anti-vaxxers. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, Howard Roark said:

Since when does Saban follow rules?  Who would trust them to give accurate info?

... you are joking, right?

34 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

That would be interesting.

Not really plus I only live 3 miles from him. I'm sure I'll run into at the Winter Park Village Publix

21 hours ago, toddc said:

If you don’t understand how three days of relentless vilification of a good man, and coach of Auburn football, without a shred of verifiable evidence is ridiculous then I don’t know what to say to you.

please someone tell me this is satire

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Didba said:

... you are joking, right?

Nope.  He lied about Tyler Siskey talking to UA coaches even though it was on camera.  He refuses to release actual scholarship numbers.  He lied about giving 4 year scholarships when Auburn started doing it.  Those are just off the top of my head.  Why wouldn't he lie about vaccinations?  There are not repercussions for lying.  

20 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yup. Seems very stupid for a coach to have any questions about Wooten's commitment. That's the type of crap that stupid people on message boards say. Glad he changed his opinion but it should never have even been in Harsin's mind, IMO.

100%... Questioning a kid's commitment bc he opted out during an unprecedented pandemic.  You'd think a leader of young men would be more understanding in a situation with such extenuating circumstances.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not really plus I only live 3 miles from him. I'm sure I'll run into at the Winter Park Village Publix

Not Waffle House??

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He made covering this beat miserable. Harsin won't and we'll see the difference. He reset the clock with the covid mishandling but that will eventually be forgotten.

The national cover guys especially XM radio mention earlier this week how monotone/boring it was to have to interview him. Compared him to Scott Frost presser from a few days ago with the voice and time spend on answering questions. Frost answered 26 questions in little over 5 minutes that's almost impossible. Give it a listen  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

How hard is it to just come out and say "As head coach I set the example. I am vaccinated and I encourage every player on our team who is not yet vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible"? Is that asking too much? How about this then: "I am vaccinated."

Beautifully stated, couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Not Waffle House??

I may go to WH once a year so doubt it but you never know. There is one a 5 miles from his house. If I do I'll ask him to buy wife and I breakfast with that 21 millon we gave him......least he could do imo

• Like 1

20 hours ago, metafour said:

Here's a pro tip: unless you've been a college head coach, maybe you should stay in your damn lane and maybe try to not be the authority on what "is" or "isn't" a "SMART" thing for a college head coach to question from one of his players? 

The daft to come on here and grandstand on something one has zero involvement or experience in is mind-blowing.

Here's a brain-buster: have you considered that Harsin knew full well why he sat out, but he wanted to see how Wooten would respond when pressed about the topic? The NFL literally does this to every kid that comes through the Combine. It's not about looking for an answer, it's about learning how they react to questions, particularly uncomfortable ones.

What a horrible take.  Your first sentence might be one of the "daftest" things I have ever read on here.

Just because people aren't college head coaches they can't comment on the stupidity of a decision?

Oh wait, I almost forgot that you are one of the oldest and worst trolls on these forums. 

"stay in your damn lane"... what a joke.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I may go to WH once a year so doubt it but you never know. There is one a 5 miles from his house. If I do I'll ask him to buy wife and I breakfast with that 21 millon we gave him......least he could do imo

Get the Texas cheesesteak melt with hash browns smothered and covered.  That’ll put a dent in his pocket.  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The national cover guys especially XM radio mention earlier this week how monotone/boring it was to have to interview him. Compared him to Scott Frost presser from a few days ago with the voice and time spend on answering questions. Frost answered 26 questions in little over 5 minutes that's almost impossible. Give it a listen  

I think Scott is ready to watch his team on Saturday; otherwise, he'd tell you. 

Pretty unprofessional honestly. I'm sure those beat writers are glad they showed up.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I genuinely believe he is either lying or skirting around ethical lines.

I believe the former. For one, it's good media optics and at this point in time, Nick Saban has 0% reason to fear any kind of SEC or NCAA probing on the subject, much less any kind of repercussion if he found out.

The second scenario is possible. After all, we're talking about a semi-professional team jacked on deer antler. It would not surprise me if the team was coerced/presured into taking the vaccine. However, provided the legal ramifications of such action I would have to imagine Saban is wise enough to not risk his legacy being tarnished by scandal...

Just my take

or maybe he just said "do you want to go to the league? do you want to be drafted in the first 3 rounds?  The NFL is not playing with their COVID protocols and if you aren't vaxxed you can be sure certain teams won't touch you or will draft a vaxxed player over you."

17 hours ago, AUGoo said:

We believe what we want to believe.

What would make any of us think that now, all of a sudden, they’re the epitome of honesty and truthfulness?

How hard would it be to exert their HIPPA rights and have the vaccinations done in private. Those that don’t want it, get theirs squirted on the the floor. Here’s your card.
Next!!!

Wow so many things wrong with this post, but I'll just start with saying that isn't how HIPAA works at all. Though I can't say I am too surprised that you don't actually understand HIPAA with the dumb Q-level conspiracy stuff you spouted in the next sentence. 

Just to get you started in the right direction a person doesn't assert their HIPAA rights, it regulates medical providers and other business entities that store your medical records.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cbo said:

E7FT0SVWUAUSSNT.jpg

haha this is great, thanks for this, I will save it for use against the ignorant masses.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Thanks!  I served 26 years in the Army.  Totally different situation.  But keep reaching for justification of invading someone’s privacy.

I don't see what your 26 years in the army has to do with your misunderstanding of privacy law.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Didba said:

100%... Questioning a kid's commitment bc he opted out during an unprecedented pandemic.  You'd think a leader of young men would be more understanding in a situation with such extenuating circumstances.

It seems Wooten agrees with CBH's concern at the time.  At least according to this tweet...

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 12.29.26 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2