Harsin Zoom Presser 8/25

Maverick.AU

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Love this quote from Harsin regarding whether he'll go with one QB, or have a couple guys out there: "It's always one guy, until it's not." 

Also, high praise for Dee Davis. Talking about his gamesmanship and his feel for the game within the game. Really going to be fun to watch him come on in the next couple years. 

So true...... then again, Harsin probably never watched the carousel QB theory in practice.  lmao  - Nightmares from that Clemson game at AU.

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao. Judging a kid based on his play? Yeah that's kinda what happens with recruits.

Yum....no.  Unranked Starting LB/DE on a 7A runner up state championship football team.

Little worried we don't have a coach on defense that knows what an SEC caliber player looks like.

This was your exact quote. You know this off one look of his highlight film? But you are judging CBH. And off this quote alone you judged Coach Mason.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m glad to see you’ve never questioned a head coach’s decisions. 👍🏻

I'm just spit ballin' here but that response may have had less to do with the fact he questioned Harsin's decision as it did the insulting tone in which he used while doing it.  Jmho.

• Like 3

Darn it, didn't mean to delete that reply, @DAG

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

Correct. Still think he's a bad take and made comments on his film.

Lmao at trying to judge a recruit being the same as a guy worried about his health. New born baby, and sitting our during a pandemic...then questioning his commitment as being the same thing .

Well first assumption you were wrong because you thought he would be unranked. Second assumption, is thinking he can't be an SEC caliber player. How do you know? Third assumption was thinking our coaches can't scout talent? Again how do you know that?

The same way CBH shouldn't have assumed Wooten was uncommitted.  You are really going to sit here with a straight face and say you don't judge a book by its cover when that is exactly what you've done?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yum....no.  Unranked Starting LB/DE on a 7A runner up state championship football team.

Little worried we don't have a coach on defense that knows what an SEC caliber player looks like.

This was your exact quote. You know this off one look of his highlight film? But you are judging CBH. And off this quote alone you judged Coach Mason.

Yeah and I went on to review his film and told everyone my opinion. Still don't think he's going to be that great. Hope I'm wrong.

Everyone judges recruits and has criticism of play, coaches decisions etc. Trying to compare that to forming an opinion of an opt out lacking commitment is a bad comparison. 

Coming from someone who takes covid seriously, I'm kinda surprised by the attempted comparison 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well first assumption you were wrong because you thought he would be unranked

I mean cmon, he was unranked. I never said he would never be ranked. 

5 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm just spit ballin' here but that response may have had less to do with the fact he questioned Harsin's decision as it did the insulting tone in which he used while doing it.  Jmho.

The “stay in your lane” language was pretty unequivocal.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah and I went on to review his film and told everyone my opinion. Still don't think he's going to be that great. Hope I'm wrong.

Everyone judges recruits and has criticism of play, coaches decisions etc. Trying to compare that to forming an opinion of an opt out lacking commitment is a bad comparison. 

Coming from someone who takes covid seriously, I'm kinda surprised by the attempted comparison 

Why are you surprised ? I've already said CBH was wrong for assuming something like that. Clearly, based on his response and how Wooten responded, it showed how wrong he was. I am saying you are judging him harshly and saying you never do that when there is a clear cut example that you do. WE ALL DO. 

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I mean cmon, he was unranked. I never said he would never be ranked. 

Bro you made a huge argument about when we told you it is the summer and it is COVID. He hasn't had enough time for scouts to even see him. You jumped way out the window on that one, the same way CBH did with his first impression of Wooten. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

How did Saban get almost 100% rate?

I genuinely believe he is either lying or skirting around ethical lines.

I believe the former. For one, it's good media optics and at this point in time, Nick Saban has 0% reason to fear any kind of SEC or NCAA probing on the subject, much less any kind of repercussion if he found out.

The second scenario is possible. After all, we're talking about a semi-professional team jacked on deer antler. It would not surprise me if the team was coerced/presured into taking the vaccine. However, provided the legal ramifications of such action I would have to imagine Saban is wise enough to not risk his legacy being tarnished by scandal...

Just my take

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

Why are you surprised ? I've already said CBH was wrong for assuming something like that

I haven't seen that ITT.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Clearly, based on his response and how Wooten responded, it showed how wrong he was

Right. Commended him for that. Agree.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am saying you are judging him harshly and saying you never do that when there is a clear cut example that you do. WE ALL DO. 

But the difference is I have film that backed up my opinion and posted it as such. I could be wrong. But commenting on a recruit and their film/ranking is definitely different than the analogy of me working with someone new.  Which is what was given 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro you made a huge argument about when we told you it is the summer and it is COVID. He hasn't had enough time for scouts to even see him. You jumped way out the window on that one, the same way CBH did with his first impression of Wooten. 

He was on a state title team. Countless ppl watched him play. Hundreds of kids were already ranked. It's not like he was a 1A school.

He's ranked around 600th which is probably right. He's our lowest or near lowest position player commitment. 

Maybe he does pan out. His only other p5 offer is Duke. But 600th doesn't often turn into an SEC caliber contributor.

My evaluation is pretty much in line with his ranking.

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

I haven't seen that ITT.

Right. Commended him for that. Agree.

But the difference is I have film that backed up my opinion and posted it as such. I could be wrong. But commenting on a recruit and their film/ranking is definitely different than the analogy of me working with someone new.  Which is what was given 

BUT YOU HAVE NO CLUE IF HE IS NOT CAPABLE SEC PLAYER. The same way CBH had no clue if Wooten was uncommitted. He based that on his decision to opt out without any true evidence to say such. He recognized that based on his comments. You are basing that this kid can't be an SEC Caliber player on a select few of highlights. But you don't know that. So you are judging on an assumption. He hasn't even played an SEC game. The same way Wooten never even suited up for CBH before he made that judgement call. You really can't understand that concept?

Just now, DAG said:

He based that on his decision to opt out without any true evidence to say such

....and I had film to make a judgement.

Trying to pretend I had nothing to base my decision on, which was ultimately supported by recruiting sites, is a bit off the mark.

If I'm wrong and he becomes amazing I'll be here to admit my fault like Harsin. I hope he does pan out and is a good player for us

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He was on a state title team. Countless ppl watched him play. Hundreds of kids were already ranked. It's not like he was a 1A school.

He's ranked around 600th which is probably right. He's our lowest or near lowest position player commitment. 

Maybe he does pan out. His only other p5 offer is Duke. But 600th doesn't often turn into an SEC caliber contributor.

My evaluation is pretty much in line with his ranking.

This is the definition of judging a book by its cover. You get that right? Listen I am not going to destroy this thread. You can have your opinion. My issue is you said you don't judge a book by its cover and that is exactly what you did. Whether you want to acknowledge that or whatever is up to you. I don't think CBH is above criticism, but I am not going to hypocritically judge him either.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

My issue is you said you don't judge a book by its cover

First the example was related to work. So let's not get it extrapolated to other things. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

This is the definition of judging a book by its cover. You get that right?

I watched his film as well. Think you're missing that they point

Just now, W.E.D said:

First the example was related to work. So let's not get it extrapolated to other things. 

I watched his film as well. Think you're missing that they point

Okay so did our coaching staff. So how do you know he can't be an SEC caliber player? Have you seen him in the SEC?

Just now, DAG said:

Okay so did our coaching staff. So how do you know he can't be an SEC caliber player? Have you seen him in the SEC?

Cmon, we can't watch HS kids and judge if they'll be good or not?

Why do we even talk recruiting then.

I don't think he will. No I can't see the future 

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Cmon, we can't watch HS kids and judge if they'll be good or not?

Why do we even talk recruiting then.

I don't think he will. No I can't see the future 

So if you can't see the future, you can't make a statement such as you did. You essentially questioned our defensive coaching staff for offering the guy BEFORE THEY EVEN FIELDED A SQUAD. The same way CBH was unjust and initially thinking Wooten would be uncommitted because he "opted out." The difference is, your looking down on CBH  for doing that and blatantly said "I don't judge a book by its cover." Most of us understand we did stuff like that in the past and although it is wrong, we have empathy regarding it.

Edited by DAG

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

So if you can't see the future, you can't make a statement such as you did. You essentially questioned our defensive coaching staff for offering the guy BEFORE THEY EVEN FIELDED A SQUAD. The same way CBH was unjust and initially thinking Wooten would be uncommitted because he "opted out." The difference is, your looking down on CBH  for doing that and blatantly said "I don't judge a book by its cover." Most of us understand we did stuff like that in the past and although it is wrong, we have empathy regarding it.

I judge my University's football team and actions.

I don't judge people I work with before working with them. Which was the question asked to me.

Hope that clears things up.

I am also glad Harsin explained his story and realized his mistake. That's good on him.

And just to come full circle  in another thread I mentioned I was critical of Mason. But admitted I was wrong and starting to like him. hopefully his defense shows out.

Edited by W.E.D

How come every time I log on and go to a thread it’s always W.E.D in an argument with someone? Lol. @W.E.D who’s cereal did you poop in around here?

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

How come every time I log on and go to a thread it’s always W.E.D in an argument with someone? Lol. @W.E.D who’s cereal did you poop in around here?

Idk. It's not like I started it.

And, this is 4 pages if like mainly 10 posts between me and @DAG. It's not too long lol

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Idk. It's not like I started it.

And, this is 4 pages if like mainly 10 posts between me and @DAG. It's not too long lol

Nah. I know. I just happen to always check a thread right in the middle of an argument you’re having.

• Like 2