Greene interviewed for Mich. St job

Tigerpro2a

Greene wanted to discuss a contract extension, Leathe said he would prefer to leave that to the next President.  Greene says I guess I have to look around for job security as to just basically re-applying for his job..   There doesn't always have to be a bad guy in every situation.

To those saying him interviewing for the USC job as proof he didn't want to be here, that is silly.  The fact that USC showed interest and he accepted an interview only helps Greene in the future and he would have been dumb as sh@t to not interview.

Greene loves his job and what he does.  The enthusiasm he showed going into the volleyball team's locker room during Coach Couch's speech after their first win was as authentic as it gets.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Did you see him get on a plane, drive his car to anyone of these interviews? 

Greene did in fact interview for the AD position for USC.  This has been confirmed on here by many people on this board.

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

To those saying him interviewing for the USC job as proof he didn't want to be here, that is silly.  The fact that USC showed interest and he accepted an interview only helps Greene in the future and he would have been dumb as sh@t to not interview.  

The problem has always been that Greene lied to everyone saying he did not interview for the job at USC.  This is straight from WDE.  It is a non-issue to be interviewing but is an issue if you lie about it to your bosses.  That was early in his tenure here as well.

8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Greene loves his job and what he does.  The enthusiasm he showed going into the volleyball team's locker room during Coach Couch's speech after their first win was as authentic as it gets.  

Over on the donor side on the forum, one of the insiders stated that Greene stopped coming into the office many months ago and has delegated a lot of his own responsibilities.  It got to the point of where Burgess has stepped in to pick up the slack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

People believe what they want to believe. I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle. What I will say is if someone in AG position just quit showing up to their job, they would be fired. That is ridiculous.

20 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Everybody wants to blame every little thing that goes wrong or even appears to go wrong on the "good ol' boys". Not one of you has the wallet to keep any of the programs afloat if your complaints magically made them all go away. I don't either. So if you like having some sports to watch, maybe you should tone down the criticism just a touch. They don't get a pass, but they are not all th' Debbil Hisself as some want to portray them. You're talking about people who give more to AU in one year than you will in a lifetime. 

Some of you are determined to make this about race and diversity. It's, in all likelihood, not. AG can be a good man, and competent, and simultaneously be awful at "company" politics. I know this all too well from personal experience. Right or wrong, company politics exists at every level in every organization bigger than 2 people, regardless of how "diverse" it is or isn't. In a booster-facing position like this, being good at company politics is a mandatory job requirement. That just might be a reason he's not getting the jobs he's interviewed for. 

For the record, I think AG has done a pretty solid job navigating some challenging waters during his time here. For whatever reason, it's becoming evident he's not a fit, and just maybe he's the guy who wanted to be somewhere else. Sooner or later, that shows through in your personal interactions, and it will poison the well that feeds company politics. 

Well said.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Well said.

I kinda agree on the company politics line of thinking. 

I also think that his style of fiscal management is not working within the type of big league Athletic Department we are trying to be. 

His not working with our best programs coaches(Pearl, etc), put him in further hot water, and maybe some other issues caused Burgess to be assigned to handle a lot of those issues Greene was not handling well.

It was pretty well given that Greene was told his contract would not be renewed, and so he has been looking, which is a good idea.

But notice even with his experience now at a top level conference college like Auburn he is only getting interviews but not getting selected. I think he needs to come down a level on the colleges he is trying to find jobs at. He doesn't seem to fit into the large universities AD jobs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

People believe what they want to believe. I honestly think the truth is somewhere in the middle. What I will say is if someone in AG position just quit showing up to their job, they would be fired. That is ridiculous.

So the story is that he's still working from home and some coaches whom are back to going in every day don't think that's good enough.

From most coaches stance on Covid, I wouldn't be going in either

Edited by W.E.D

Just now, W.E.D said:

So the story is that he's still working from home and some coaches whom are back to going in every day don't think that's good enough.

See that is a much different narrative than what his being depicted.

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

See that is a much different narrative than what his being depicted.

Yes he's "not showing up" b/c he's still WFH.  He hasn't just abandoned his job.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You talking about Auburn coaches? I don't think we know what most of the coaches think. Maybe some who have been promoing vaccinations, but other than that, we don't know.

And I do believe it is something in between. I do think there is a middle ground where Greene could come into work, operate within the office and still do zoom meetings, emails, etc to limit exposure. It all doesn't have to be 100% homebound, but we really don't know how he is exactly operating. 

I am sure there are some vocal coaches and personnel who are going to be flippant with their protocols, so they maybe the ones making the loudest negative noise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Greene wanted to discuss a contract extension, Leathe said he would prefer to leave that to the next President.  

Leath was hired March '17 - Leath hired Greene Jan '18 - Leath was fired June '19

Greene was looking for a contract extension inside 18 months of Leath hiring him?  

Leath had no idea he was going to get canned, so why would he tell Greene he'd prefer to leave it until Gogue stepped out of retirement to take the interim position? 

18 minutes ago, keesler said:

Leath was hired March '17 - Leath hired Greene Jan '18 - Leath was fired June '19

Greene was looking for a contract extension inside 18 months of Leath hiring him?  

Leath had no idea he was going to get canned, so why would he tell Greene he'd prefer to leave it until Gogue stepped out of retirement to take the interim position? 

Imma guess that was mistype and he asked Gouge and Gouge said wait until the next Pres.  That makes more sense purely from a contextual view

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Over on the donor side on the forum, one of the insiders stated that Greene stopped coming into the office many months ago and has delegated a lot of his own responsibilities.  It got to the point of where Burgess has stepped in to pick up the slack.

Thanks for posting this abw.

The summer rumor that Gogue had to place Burgess in the AD because coaches went over Greene's head to Gogue was troubling.  I don't care for insubordination or dissention in the ranks.  IF coaches had grievances with their boss (Greene) then they should've exhausted all efforts to deal directly with him and not take it Gogue. Of course IF Greene wasn't physically present and accessible to his coaches, then who were they supposed to report to? 

Another summer rumor was that Burgess was in charge of basically auditing the AD finances, because some coaches were pissed about budget cuts.....

IF Greene stopped coming to the office (hard to believe) and delegated his duties to others, that's weird.  You have old guys like Gogue & Burgess making to the office with no problem why can't a young/fit AD do the same?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

literally no one in here knows the entire story or has shown the ability to report the entire truth since the summer began lol

Exactly. Literally every major situation has ALWAYS been there was a bit of the truth here but some details were missed or changed or whatever. Anybody pretending they have all the info or knowledge are just kidding themselves

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He hasn't just abandoned his job.

He hasn't abandoned it, but has stopped a lot of his duties.  I hope I don't get in trouble with bringing over two different quotes but here they are:

"ADAG never came back to the office after Covid. He’s in the office one to two days a week for a few hours a day. Still runs some meetings by Zoom. Very detached. Not engaged. Has turned over almost total control to Brant Ust and a couple more people he hired and they are all in way over their head."

"I had a long conversation yesterday with some one I trust a lot and they said Burgess has moved in the athletics department and is now running the department. Green reports to Burgess and Burgess reports to Gogue …

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the cost cutting measures that Green imposed. Making the baseball team ride the bus to Raleigh. That sort of thing. I had someone tell me that Harsin has already experienced Auburn being difficult with financial support.   Bruce is frustrated also."

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

Thanks for posting this abw.

The summer rumor that Gogue had to place Burgess in the AD because coaches went over Greene's head to Gogue was troubling.  I don't care for insubordination or dissention in the ranks.  IF coaches had grievances with their boss (Greene) then they should've exhausted all efforts to deal directly with him and not take it Gogue. Of course IF Greene wasn't physically present and accessible to his coaches, then who were they supposed to report to? 

Another summer rumor was that Burgess was in charge of basically auditing the AD finances, because some coaches were pissed about budget cuts.....

IF Greene stopped coming to the office (hard to believe) and delegated his duties to others, that's weird.  You have old guys like Gogue & Burgess making to the office with no problem why can't a young/fit AD do the same?

Don't think the Burgess to the AD was a rumor at all.  Apparently some coaches report to Burgess and others to ADAG.

Seems like a massive cluster ****, whom ever is at fault

Lol. I mean if I was hired and told to do a job but people don't like it so they bring somebody else in to make decisions....why am I here? But he's still supposed to come every day and be humiliated?

That in itself is part of the problem. People wanting to show no matter who's hired they are showing they are in control. 

And we'll forever be stuck with people who don't know a lick about what's in or how to relate to players and we'll keep making dumb ass decisions like the under armour deal and we'll be behind...  while guys here completely out of touch argue how it's not a problem or how they hate Nike for saying black lives matter or whatever. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

He hasn't abandoned it, but has stopped a lot of his duties.  I hope I don't get in trouble with bringing over two different quotes but here they are:

"ADAG never came back to the office after Covid. He’s in the office one to two days a week for a few hours a day. Still runs some meetings by Zoom. Very detached. Not engaged. Has turned over almost total control to Brant Ust and a couple more people he hired and they are all in way over their head."

"I had a long conversation yesterday with some one I trust a lot and they said Burgess has moved in the athletics department and is now running the department. Green reports to Burgess and Burgess reports to Gogue …

I’m sure you’ve all heard about the cost cutting measures that Green imposed. Making the baseball team ride the bus to Raleigh. That sort of thing. I had someone tell me that Harsin has already experienced Auburn being difficult with financial support.   Bruce is frustrated also."

Some don't want to believe the truth. Conspiracy theory works better for them. I trust what WDEWDE says. Greene needs to go! I was stoked when he was hired, but it seems that he has checked out.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't think the Burgess to the AD was a rumor at all.  Apparently some coaches report to Burgess and others to ADAG.

Seems like a massive cluster ****, whom ever is at fault

We have have a platoon of coaches and AD support staff at Auburn.  How can the coaching staff be split to the point that some report to one boss and others report to another boss?  Who preps each programs budget?  Who works on the revenue stream of each sport?  Who evaluates each program and each coach & holds them accountable for their W/L record?

Sounds like typical JABA (if this is true.)

I do want whatever Bruce Pearl wants (when it comes to basketball...). If he starts angling for someone that'll push the basketball program forward, I think that same progressive mindstate would lift the other programs 

The only issue, I still wouldn't expect the Auburn Board to land on a progressive candidate 

14 minutes ago, keesler said:

We have have a platoon of coaches and AD support staff at Auburn.  How can the coaching staff be split to the point that some report to one boss and others report to another boss?  Who preps each programs budget?  Who works on the revenue stream of each sport?  Who evaluates each program and each coach & holds them accountable for their W/L record?

Sounds like typical JABA (if this is true.)

That's what is being reported elsewhere.  Seems like a disaster.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Exactly. Literally every major situation has ALWAYS been there was a bit of the truth here but some details were missed or changed or whatever. Anybody pretending they have all the info or knowledge are just kidding themselves

Welp, I think we all found something we can agree on! 😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, keesler said:

Earlier this year, I meant gogue 

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:35 PM, Win4AU said:

Well good.  So the things people said would happen is happening.  I’m sure Auburn already has someone chosen if he gets job.

Really?  We can't even find a President to replace the mistake that we fired. Dr. Gogue has been a great President, but the man can't even retire without being drug back to get things fixed.

• Like 1