Greene interviewed for Mich. St job

Tigerpro2a

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No, I know how employment law works and I know you wouldn't hear anything but bad about Greene right now.  I could see that but some of those quotes are from last year.  The mention about him lying was from 2019.  So it isn't that fresh and has been known for a while.

I also know that there hasn't ever been a situation that has happened here where anybody knew the complete story and I know situations such as these the slightest missed detail can completely flip a situation.  I agree this happens.

It's funny that you use the Gus situation because I remember a very long time ago when some people pointed out things about Gus and it was explained away but come to find out years later that some things were true and others weren't but the people that were all well this person said it were completely wrong.  Yeah I agree with this too.  I was cautious about brining it up becasue I didn't want another Gus thread.  :lol:

And I know a person should ALWAYS be wary on trying to tell other people they are wrong because this person is right. Like I said even in the posts you highlighted he's even saying there are some unknowns to the situation.  There are some unknowns and we may never know the full truth.  But I still was not stating my opinion.  Just what I believe to be facts as I can't recall WDE ever being wrong.  I am sure he has, but I just can't remember.

And no me and wde have a great relationship so there's no need to even do that. I trust that wde relays info that's relayed to him. Nothing more and nothing less.  That is fair.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah but this seems to be about money more than anything else. If it was what people were accusing him for I figured he would be fired for cause by now 

Right? The most definitive stuff I seen so far is he pissed off Bruce about cutting money, which he was told by his bosses to cut money.....

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah but this seems to be about money more than anything else. If it was what people were accusing him for I figured he would be fired for cause by now 

From what was said, Gouge is waiting so the next president can hire his own guy.  I think this is the right move.  Personally, I think we will really miss Gouge when he is gone.  Best president we may have ever had.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

He never said he didn’t trust WDE. However , WDE is getting his info form one side. I like to think there are three sides to every story . It’s actually very funny you say this because in other instances WDE has said the exact opposite of someone like RIR who runs the donor forum on this board. I am specifically talking about the allegations regarding CKS. So who should we trust more? I always rely On common sense for these things .

I fully trust WDE so I would side with him, personally.  I just have not seen where he has been wrong.  I am sure that has happened, but I don't remember an instance.  He also just says it like it is, without swaying one way or another.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

He never said he didn’t trust WDE. However , WDE is getting his info form one side. I like to think there are three sides to every story . It’s actually very funny you say this because in other instances WDE has said the exact opposite of someone like RIR who runs the donor forum on this board. I am specifically talking about the allegations regarding CKS. So who should we trust more? I always rely On common sense for these things .

I worked with a guy for a big corporation. Really his situation came down the miscommunication but when the company was scared the guy have a case they went on the offensive and they did all they could to find dirt on the guy. To the point they literally made up stuff and people started rumors and all of that. If I hadn't witnessed it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed something like that would happen.

So then I think about green. All of a sudden after all the good things he did he sucks. Then coincidentally all the good things he did he wasn't really responsible for.....now here we are and this super professional man doesn't come to work and blows off all of his duties.....and people are eating this up. This doesn't even sound right. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

From what was said, Gouge is waiting so the next president can hire his own guy.  I think this is the right move.  Personally, I think we will really miss Gouge when he is gone.  Best president we may have ever had.

I fully trust WDE so I would side with him, personally.  I just have not seen where he has been wrong.  I am sure that has happened, but I don't remember an instance.  He also just says it like it is, without swaying one way or another.

And that’s fair. I like WDE. I think he is about as objective than most here. However, even he is getting his info from flawed human beings with their own agendas. I do think the consensus that I get is it was about money. That is the biggest factor. If it was about him abandoning his job and some of the other stuff this dude would’ve been fired. Maybe right now their is just too much hurt feelings from either side to continue. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I worked with a guy for a big corporation. Really his situation came down the miscommunication but when the company was scared the guy have a case they went on the offensive and they did all they could to find dirt on the guy. To the point they literally made up stuff and people started rumors and all of that. If I hadn't witnessed it with my own eyes I wouldn't have believed something like that would happen.

So then I think about green. All of a sudden after all the good things he did he sucks. Then coincidentally all the good things he did he wasn't really responsible for.....now here we are and this super professional man doesn't come to work and blows off all of his duties.....and people are eating this up. This doesn't even sound right. 

Right. When you don’t do for folks they will do almost anything to try to sink you. I remember the narrative was he stuck up to the big donors for CBH and he stuck his neck out for CBP but now people are trying to say that isn’t the case all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

I trust wde. I also trust myself. I haven't ever fabricated anything. I don't think I've been wrong. I've been posting on here for a while. I just tell it like it is and don't sway, even while being attacked by everyone at once.

Like Dag said I'm going to listen to everything and then apply common sense to it. I know by shutting people up you will NEVER find the truth. If you ever want the truth you need to listen to everyone then sort it out.

I'll also add that Harsin has continued to call out Green by name on multiple occasions on how he enjoys working with Green and would not be here without that connection. He did when hired and he did again at SEC media days. You can write off when he was hired cause of course he'll mention the guy hiring him at the hiring ceremony. But at SEC media days he mentioned Greene again in a positive way.....i don't recall the exact quote. I don't think Harsin is the type that is going to praise a guy and not be honest about it. 

Its cool if ADAG and AU want to part ways and i think they do based on the interviews. But i hate seeing Greene's name get dragged through the mud in the process. Its unnecessary and most likely the things he is getting dragged for are half truths or outright lies by people who don't like Greene.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Right? The most definitive stuff I seen so far is he pissed off Bruce about cutting money, which he was told by his bosses to cut money.....

I'm going to post something that will piss folks off and I'll likely get a ton of downvotes for it.

BUT, Bruce has some nerve to get pissed at Greene about money cuts when the basketball program is/was responsible for sucking up millions in legal fees, advising fees and a whole damn staff of people to investigate and appease the freaking NCAA and possibly the federal investigators. 

That crap with Persons + 2 more staffers that were fired wasn't cheap by any means.  On top of that, Greene went to bat to save Bruce & his fellow coaches to save their jobs.  That crap has drug on for years and we STILL haven't gotten a ruling or announcement from the NCAA, so it lingers on even longer.  

I love Bruce and I've loved him at Auburn.  But put things in perspective and understand that His Asst HC (Persons) screwed up and cost the Auburn AD a ton of money in the last few years.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, keesler said:

BUT, Bruce has some nerve to get pissed at Greene about money cuts when the basketball program is/was responsible for sucking up millions in legal fees, advising fees and a whole damn staff of people to investigate and appease the freaking NCAA and possibly the federal investigators. 

I was going to post something similar but in a different direction. More so, this guy went to bat for you and now you are going bat crazy on him. I don’t know tbh. I didn’t want to deal with the headaches of fans.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

I'm going to post something that will piss folks off and I'll likely get a ton of downvotes for it.

That crap with Persons + 2 more staffers that were fired wasn't cheap by any means.  On top of that, Greene went to bat to save Bruce & his fellow coaches to save their jobs.  That crap has drug on for years and we STILL haven't gotten a ruling or announcement from the NCAA, so it lingers on even longer.  

I love Bruce and I've loved him at Auburn.  But put things in perspective and understand that His Asst HC (Persons) screwed up and cost the Auburn AD a ton of money in the last few years.

What was the outcome? So you want Bruce fired?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:26 AM, cole256 said:

You can just see what's about to happen to us as far as karma. We're going to get what we ask for

I really can’t. Tell me…

1 hour ago, GAAubie said:

What was the outcome? So you want Bruce fired?

How in the world do you read that post and come to this conclusion lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

How in the world do you read that post and come to this conclusion lol

Look at the stuff he is saying and that is all you need to know.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

Look at the stuff he is saying and that is all you need to know.

I guess I originally missed his "victim" post

18 hours ago, keesler said:

An assistant HC that Bruce was, for all practical purposes, told to hire.  Blaming Bruce for that is like blaming the next school President for spending so much money on his house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

An assistant HC that Bruce was, for all practical purposes, told to hire.  Blaming Bruce for that is like blaming the next school President for spending so much money on his house.

Agreed, how can anyone blame BP for Person? Auburn brought Person to Pearl......Pearl did not bring Person to AU. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I don't blame Bruce for Persons & the other 2 asst's actions, but it did happen under Bruce even though he was clueless about what was going on.  Bottom line, the basketball program ran up an enormous tab for legal fees, etc due to Persons actions.  Basketball drained hundreds of thousands and could still be draining funds for all we know.  Yet we are lead to believe the Bruce is/was pissed at Greene because of budget cuts?  Even after Greene saved BP's job and backed him at a very crucial time while the NCAA was breathing down AU's throat?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

20 hours ago, keesler said:

That Asst HC(Person) was forced on Pearl to put on his staff. Pearl had no leverage coming off of a show cause suspension, so he probably didn't have much say so in hiring him. After that, it was all Person that started this, not Pearl.

And all the lawyers involved including those helping Pearl, were deep into it bc Leath wanted him fired. 

If Greene went to bat for him Pearl has paid him back in 10 fold with his winning the SEC/ SECT, and making the Final Four. 

All that looks good for Greene, in keeping PEarl, so Pearl wanting something else for his program should have been been more agreeable to Greene, as opposed to treating Pearl's program no different that all the others when it came to cuts or restrictions...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

That Asst HC(Person) was forced on Pearl to put on his staff. Pearl had no leverage coming off of a show cause suspension, so he probably didn't have much say so in hiring him. After that, it was all Person that started this, not Pearl.

And all the lawyers involved including those helping Pearl, were deep into it bc Leath wanted him fired. 

If Greene went to bat for him Pearl has paid him back in 10 fold with his winning the SEC/ SECT, and making the Final Four. 

All that looks good for Greene, in keeping PEarl, so Pearl wanting something else for his program should have been been more agreeable to Greene, as opposed to treating Pearl's program no different that all the others when it came to cuts or restrictions...

Oh don't you worry, you are going to get what you are asking for as @cole256 has once said. I guess that contract extension making him a top ten coach meant nothing either, huh? Do you think Green can make cuts without the permission of his bosses? Some of you guys just don't think.

Edited by DAG