Official Post Game Thread Akron

Zeek

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Being there in person watching this team just felt so different from the last couple of years, we may not win a lot of games this year but dammit we will be in almost all of them. 

UGA and BAMA really scare me

LSU I think we can get. I don’t know what to think about the aggies 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

UGA and BAMA really scare me

LSU I think we can get. I don’t know what to think about the aggies 

Bama will coast to a natty.

UGA's offense is still trash. Their Defense good, but not 86 bears like they'll get hype for.

Edited by W.E.D

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

So where are the photos of the Harsin women ? What’s the deal with this ?

I know there was a family photo in the GameDay program. But that's all I'm aware of.

And yes, they are lookers 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I know there was a family photo in the GameDay program. But that's all I'm aware of.

And yes, they are lookers 😉

I know his wife was ripped as hell. People stay hating. Lol. Dem women just probably baaad as hell and the females don’t like it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Got a little curious how a fan base like Akron reacts to loses like the one tonight…

http://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/40512-game-1-auburn/page/6/

Now I feel bad we beat them so bad. Lol

All I could imagine, reading that thread, was a bunch of Ned Flanders sitting around talking about their poor little football program with tons of pride. 

I’m rooting for Akron for the rest of the season. Those poor bas**rds deserve happiness.

"Congratulations to whoever had the idea of changing to an amateurish non-football logo for the football team in order to take the heat off the amateurish football team and their D-3 coach.  #GoTeam!"

harsh

1 minute ago, EastAl_Tiger said:

"Congratulations to whoever had the idea of changing to an amateurish non-football logo for the football team in order to take the heat off the amateurish football team and their D-3 coach.  #GoTeam!"

harsh

That whole thread had me rolling. They’re just enjoying the ride man. It was actually very humbling. We get so caught up in the wins and loses that we forget to appreciate the fact that we are Auburn Alumni and Auburn fans. Those guys on Akron’s board just love their school and you can tell. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Seriously? People really will bitch about anything then.  SMH. AND YES I do realize the irony in me bitching about people bitching! lol

Which is what I always catch myself doing.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Seriously? People really will bitch about anything then. SMH. AND YES I do realize the irony in me bitching about people bitching! lol

I can see where their fashion sense might alarm some in the fan base. In *our* fan base. Imagine Ben Tate's goalpost dunk as a pair of pants...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, au302 said:

I know it's Akron, but I loved how Bo played in control and within the system. Granted, he had a lot of time tonight, but he went through progressions. Great to see, hats off, and I hope it continues. I say that as someone who has been critical of him. Also, it was great to see Harsin coaching him up after a touchdown and Bo taking it well and not blowing up. Receivers were good. Kobe Hudson has a ton of potential. Biggest positive for me was Jarquez. One game but the hype was real. Just really impressive

I wondered what Harsin was saying to him as well after that TD to Hudson.  He mentioned it in the presser when he was complimenting Bo, he said "that td pass to Kobe was all on Bo".  He then said Bo saw the boundary safety come up to cover, when Hudson got passed his DB there was a window before the free safety closed.  Bo recognized this would happen and rather go through his progression he just tossed it right to Hudson.  So he must have been telling him "thats the way to read a defense and adjust accordingly".  

• Like 3
  • Love 1

As others have said, it’s game one and it’s Akron, but this felt good and felt different than other guaranteed W games we’ve had in the recent past. This was dominate and the team looked well prepared. I dunno, it was just better than I was expecting on all levels. I think Harsin’s choices of Coordinators could prove to be one of the best moves an AU head coach has made in many years.  

• Like 2

So many good things i saw.

1. Bo looked more comfortable throwing the ball and his mechanics looked tremendously better. Even against inferior competition last season he didn’t look like this. 

2. WE’RE GONNA HAVE A PASS RUSH AGAIN

3. Our RB room is wayyy better than I anticipated preseason 

4. Receivers looked great! A very pleasant surprise. Forget who we played, when’s the last time our WRs had a clean game like that? And i love that they have routes and Bo can check down! 

5. Only negative thing I can say is our punter wasn’t great. But it’s the first game and we know he can do better so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt right now. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Just wanna say Hunter is a beast, potential to be a really good one.  Him and Tank can wear some teams out this year.

Don't forget Worm and Jackson. And Ingram is probably as good as RB3 has been in most recent seasons. Pretty complete RB corps. You love to see it.

Actually reminds me of uga a few years ago with Chubb>Michel>Swift>Holyfield.

• Like 2

Bo seemed really CALM last night and played under control. I am overly excited about what I saw out of TD Moultry! I appreciate his efforts and not giving up on being a star at Auburn. The best part to me was that we seemed to play as a TEAM and that everyone wanted to be on that sideline! It was great to see most all, if not all of the team make an effort to congratulate Jarquez after he scored. I'm excited about our future and look forward to Penn St! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Think he’s gonna redshirt 

So they will not get him in the 4 games allowed during a redshirt year?

Another Note....Kobe Hudson had 2 really good catches. He might not have been practicing the best, but the way he controls his body to make catches is impressive and I think he will be a solid player.

• Like 2