Auburn Football Get Better

Win4AU

why would you let your opponent know who is starting when you can make them prepare for two versus one? sounds pretty smart to me.

• Like 1

I still question if Bryan Harsin is the coach that can win us Championships, but I think he’s the coach that we need right now. I compare it to Muschamp in 2015 when he came in and changed the culture of the defense. Even though, he didn’t bring us a dominant defense he still paved the way for Kevin Steele. 

Bryan Harsin may not be the answer, but he may be changing the culture and preparing us for the next great coach. 

• Like 2

This, may deserve its own thread, but I’m wondering if this game is not a deep problem with certain coaches or personal groups but a lackadaisical approach to this game from considering it an easy win? We have seen it before. It’s happened to us, even Saban earlier at bammer. Almost every week there’s an upset or near upset that baffles everyone. Has this even been considered?

2 hours ago, alexava said:

This, may deserve its own thread, but I’m wondering if this game is not a deep problem with certain coaches or personal groups but a lackadaisical approach to this game from considering it an easy win? We have seen it before. It’s happened to us, even Saban earlier at bammer. Almost every week there’s an upset or near upset that baffles everyone. Has this even been considered?

Hard to think this was not the case.

Normally this would lead to a potential upset.

Couple that with coaches not being on the same page and you have the potential for an unmitigated disaster.

As you pointed out, Alabama saw that when they played ULM in Saban's first year.

Frankly, I am pleased AU came out with a win. It showed a lot of character.

It also showed a lot of character from Harsin to hone in on (from his perspective) a major source of issue, and then deal with it swiftly.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I still question if Bryan Harsin is the coach that can win us Championships, but I think he’s the coach that we need right now. I compare it to Muschamp in 2015 when he came in and changed the culture of the defense. Even though, he didn’t bring us a dominant defense he still paved the way for Kevin Steele. 

Bryan Harsin may not be the answer, but he may be changing the culture and preparing us for the next great coach. 

I think it is valid to question if anyone can win a championship, until they do.

He is absolutely the right man for the job right now.

The problem we will see for a lot of people is are they willing to keep their emotions in check while he does what he needs to do.

Like Harsin asked on Christmas Eve (AKA "Santa Claus time"): Do you want it done now, or do you want it done right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I think that was probably a significant factor, and we have all seen more than one Auburn team struggle against an opponent they had no business struggling with.  Georgia State definitely came ready to play, Auburn definitely did not, and Georgia State took advantage of that to every extent that they could.  Rent-a-wins can be as dangerous as a top 10 team, if they catch you sleeping.  I do not believe that Auburn is currently good enough to be able to sleepwalk through beating anyone.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:13 AM, CameronCrazy said:

Are you sayin Mike Shula paved the way for Saban? If Bryan Harsin is our next great coach, does that mean Gus paved the way for his success?

I get your logic only to the extent of recruiting, as that has a lasting impact for about four years. But maybe a great coach is just a great coach. The culture comes and goes with the coach. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThereGoesDavis said:

Are you sayin Mike Shula paved the way for Saban? If Bryan Harsin is our next great coach, does that mean Gus paved the way for his success?

I get your logic only to the extent of recruiting, as that has a lasting impact for about four years. But maybe a great coach is just a great coach. The culture comes and goes with the coach. 

I’m with ya!

😂 Tubs paved the way for Gus to beat Saban with a 18 year old QB. 😂

• Haha 1

This sounds great, but if your team does not show up, the pressure cooker is going to be unreal.  There are people that he cannot refuse to answer to and believe me, they wanted answers after Saturday.

23 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There are people that he cannot refuse to answer to and believe me,

Interesting. Who exactly? 

Edited by Gowebb11

37 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Interesting. Who exactly? 

Boosters, members of the BOT, the President (who has to deal with the BOT and major boosters).  The same people that every coach has to deal with.  Why are we pretending that this pressure doesn't exist?

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Boosters, members of the BOT, the President (who has to deal with the BOT and major boosters).  The same people that every coach has to deal with.  Why are we pretending that this pressure doesn't exist?

I’m not pretending that pressure doesn’t exist. I’m questioning the rationale of people demanding answers 4 games into a first season for a new coach and staff, with a new roster, new system, and building a new culture. Usually takes a little longer than that to work out some kinks. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 9/28/2021 at 11:13 AM, CameronCrazy said:

Muschamp was a wonderful recruiter, though. But yeah if he can't be a success here then at least I hope he sets the next guy up for it.

I'd prefer he be a success of course.

Edited by AUwent