* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

1 minute ago, tightendoverthemiddle said:

Well in first 5 games, have played # 2 and #4 ... dont get much tougher.

It also isn't unheard of for us to do that.  I am more concerned about how we looked playing Ga State than I am Penn State.

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

I dont want to hear him call any game.  He just grinds on me.... I thought Rick Neuheisal was gonna tell him to shut up a couple times.

Tomcat just said he thought he was excellent.  

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Cristobal loses to way less competition every year. I 110% disagree with you on that one. I don't know why so many on here love him, other than for recruiting. 

Sometimes that's all you need. You can talent your way to a 10 win season even with poor coaching. Right now, we will be lucky to out-recruit Ole miss. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

It also isn't unheard of for us to do that.  I am more concerned about how we looked playing Ga State than I am Penn State.

That's called cherry-picking.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Can’t believe people are still questionable the coaching hire. IMO we look so much more competitive especially when we are playing against today’s type of teams. We make a few of those plays and we look much better. I still don’t think we win but definitely better. We should play with everyone except maybe Bama ( as they are loaded with great athletes at every position just like Digs).

I'm in a wait and see situation with Harsin.  More than anything.....Auburn needs stability. 

Totally irrelevant....but how can Harsin stand those long sleeves when it's this warm outside? 

2 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Sometimes that's all you need. You can talent your way to a 10 win season even with poor coaching. Right now, we will be lucky to out-recruit Ole miss. 

That is a huge stretch bro and I usually agree with your post. You just said throw the bag at him. So winning 10 games and not getting to the playoffs or winning multiple national championships won’t cut it. That is another jimbo fisher situation waiting to happen. 

Outclassed, outmanned and out-coached. 
another beat-down by Georgia.

Going to be interesting to see how the team and Harsin responds at A& M.

50 minutes ago, jetermary said:

and receivers not jumping to catch balls that aren't right on their chest.

Our receivers about 50% of the time were jumping to catch the balls thrown to them. Not sure what you were seeing. So dangerous to do that too. 

Today also shows the need to stretch the field. A lot of us were preaching it that dink, dunks, and hero ball doesn't work against top defenses. It's seriously a tough spot that our offense is in not being able to do that. I don't think we've hit one deep ball all season

• Like 2

IMO We are currently in the middle tier of the sec - and there’s a bunch in this tier.  Only multi-year superior recruiting will fix this . Schemes, discipline, and coaching up would not have changed today except a maybe a couple of points.

I can’t decide if  Bo’s frantic, chaotic style helps more than it hurts. Don’t think he can change.  Receivers consistency is s mess.

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

We left 4 points on the field in the first drive when Shenker couldn't catch the TD pass. We left 7 points on the field with the no call PI which almost everyone except GA fans agree it should have been called. We had at least 3 drives stop because the WR dropped the ball.

GA was gifted 3 points with the Shivers drop that turned into an INT. They were also possibly gifted another 7 points when they had the PI go their way when almost everyone agrees it shouldn't have been called.

Smoke was ejected early in the first half. Pappoe is still out. Moultry isn't playing. And Derek Hall got hurt in the first half for a bit.

All of those are NOT on coaching. Coaches can only do so much and I think for the most part, Bobo called a good game. The only thing I wish I would see is a better WR rotation because man, it sucks to see the same guys dropping passes and the other young guys not getting the same opportunity on the field.

Cut out the drops and mistakes and get refs that call it fairly and we go toe-to-toe with one of the best teams in the nation. I'm not all for moral victories but it's also not all doom and gloom like some of you think.

Couldn’t agree more. If half of those have a different outcome of the ones u names about who knows. Even though the were held to 3 that INT was huge. Who mows Auburn might have went up 10-0

2 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

Our receivers about 50% of the time were jumping to catch the balls thrown to them. Not sure what you were seeing. So dangerous to do that too. 

Maybe they should practice jumping and catching instead of comfort catching. 

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok. NFL QB vs our defense up against Bo and a jv defense. We'll see who has the advantage

Considering they can't stop the run for s***...we will definitely see

Both Ole Miss and Ark are beatable .

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Georgia is the best team we will play all season and it's not crazy to think we have a much closer game if our wide outs aren't plagued with the dropsies.

We score at least one more touchdown and allow one less without the bad drops.

18 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This team can beat everyone left on the schedule except Bama.

They can also lose to every one of them.

Just enjoy the ride and start looking for blocks to build around.

Totally agree! I’m on aboard with simply getting better through better effort.

• Like 1

Tough loss but they still exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect them to score an offensive touchdown. Harsin is the anti-Malzahn. He's aggressive, probably a little too aggressive given the personnel. 

• Like 3

Just now, Zeek said:

We score at least one more touchdown and allow one less without the bad drops.

The game was closer than the score.

I hate to take moral victories, but a feel plays flip and it's a real close game

• Like 3

Just now, W.E.D said:

The game was closer than the score.

I hate to take moral victories, but a feel plays flip and it's a real close game

Yeah, I think missing the obvious td to shenker and the no PI in the end zone are 14 points that would have made it much closer. 

• Like 1