* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Surely you’re joking?

No it’s not joking. Apparently it thinks another coach would have had a better magic wand to create talent…

Edited by CCTAU
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

It was also with Covid crowd restrictions. And this team is better than last year. 

I wouldn't go that far... this team hasn't shown that they are actually better than last year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

At this point I think Bryan Harsin was a mistake hire and we paid 39 million to fire his just to hire this guy. 

Curious why you say this. Hell with Gus we would have likely gotten shut out. We at least looked competitive for most of the game. OC called a called good we just can't beat good teams with dropping passes at the rate we are.  This guy has us looking much better than Gus. 

This board trips me out. Why I stay out of the game threads usually because some of you just lose all bit of sense when we lose a game we were always supposed to. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

At this point I think Bryan Harsin was a mistake hire and we paid 39 million to fire his just to hire this guy. 

What exactly do you want this man to accomplish in his first season. Idk if he’s the right coach or not but at least he beat LSU in Death Valley which is something our last few HC’s couldn’t do. 
You got to give this man some time, you impatient for no reason 

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Ole miss has a NFL QB

And LSU had an NFL receiver. No guarantee we'll win but to suggest they are on the level of Georgia is laughable.

Not mad. Disappointed that we blew so many chances early, especially since it's the veterans making the mental mistakes. I'm fully on board with this staff. They had our boys ready we just didn't strike early when we had the chance. Ready to see some major personnel changes towards youth. Canion, King, Finley, DD, etc. Time to build this for the future

• Like 5

Just now, AUwent said:

And LSU had an NFL receiver. No guarantee we'll win but to suggest they are on the level of Georgia is laughable.

There's a difference between a wr and QB. When you have a NFL QB they can make the most average teams play great

• Like 1

Good lord everybody expected us to lose, I still think we put up a hell of a fight against a team that will easily make the playoffs and some of y'all asses are saying Harsin was a mistake? Where were y'all last week when we won stfu and go somewhere else you trolls. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, The Freak said:

I get dumber every post of yours I read.  Thanks, I really dont need help killing braincells.

Good quit reading my quotes and both of us will feel better. 

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

No it’s not joking. Apparently another coach would have had a better magic wand to create talent…

If you aren’t all in on Harsin then you’ve got a screw loose.  

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

tenor.gif

I can't believe you guys are taking eagle eye posts seriously

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

Georgia is the best team we will play all season and it's not crazy to think we have a much closer game if our wide outs aren't plagued with the dropsies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So, we'll be in great shape if we fire all coaches and play 2nd/3rd string (now having nobody to coach them). AU should have a consensus fanbase management system. Hmmmmmm.

• Like 1

Worth noting.  The two teams we've lost to are #2 and #4.  And oh by the way, #4 PSU leads #3 Iowa on the road in the 4th.

Some of y'all need to step back and see the bigger picture right now.  Its becoming increasingly obvious that theree's a talent gulf in this country that goes Bama > UGA > Atlantic Ocean > everyone else.

I thought Ole Miss would beat Bama last week largely due to scheme.  Clearly I was wrong.  The talent was just overwhelming.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, 1856 said:

If you aren’t all in on Harsin then you’ve got a screw loose.  

I think a wait and see attitude is still acceptable.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Best team uga has had in my lifetime but we shouldn't have hired harsin? Stfu

Thank you. Some of these folks been on here all season screaming "we gonna get murdered by damn near every SEC team". Then we play the best team they have had in 40 years and actually look competitive and now we made a mistake. SMH

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

We botched the coaching search. Should have dropped the bag on Cristobal or Freeze. 

Cristobal loses to way less competition every year. I 110% disagree with you on that one. I don't know why so many on here love him, other than for recruiting. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 6

Drops

inability to throw downfield 

this is the main reason why we lost this game. By 4th quarter defense was gassed. Would we have won maybe not but should have been within single digits 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ole miss has a NFL QB

They also have a JV defense 

OK…we are into “stick a fork” in hour. First … there was whining about the broadcast team, which I thought was excellent. Very balanced and informative. I’ll take these guys every week.

Second: there seems to be a few folks on here who believe Auburn should win by walking out in those glorious blue jerseys. I was impressed with the effort and the coaching. Many position groups improved (not WRs). 

the best to hope for is week to week improvement. Think Arkansas.

• Like 3