* Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread

abw0004

This is about what I figured the score would be. But, we had 318 yards on a team allowing less than half that. I didn’t see that coming.  D played decent overall considering that UGA is loaded with talent and playing phenomenal. We were not embarrassed. We had 17 first downs and only gave up 22 first downs. Always humbling to lose by 24 points at home but overall we played OK, considering.  Without the drops and a couple calls going our way, it’s maybe 28-21 or 28-24. This is a great UGA team. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

That is a huge stretch bro and I usually agree with your post. You just said throw the bag at him. So winning 10 games and not getting to the playoffs or winning multiple national championships won’t cut it. That is another jimbo fisher situation waiting to happen. 

Well, if recruiting tanks under Harsin, then we DEF won't be in a good position, nor will we leave the program at high talent for the next coach which perpetuates a constant downward slump unless you get a master coach who can win with some magic system that'll be too expensive. 

In the Sec west as the rival of Bama, one won't move is a death sentence 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1856 said:

You would like for Aaron Murray to call another AU game?

He is better than many. I know he did not 100% endorse everything Auburn, but he was fair. Please articulate your points of disagreement…

1 minute ago, tomcat said:

He is better than many. I know he did not 100% endorse everything Auburn, but he was fair. Please articulate your points of disagreement…

I thought he was just fine today.  Openly disagreed with refs on several calls that went against AU today.  He and McElroy both are pretty damn good young guys in the booth.

• Like 3

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

I thought he was just fine today.  Openly disagreed with refs on several calls that went against AU today.  He and McElroy both are pretty damn good young guys in the booth.

Agree on this as well (No reactions left). Going into this game I thought I would be annoyed by the end of the 1st. He was way better than most announcers we get and he showed his knowledge of the game and wasn't too homer-ish.

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
23 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Right now, we will be lucky to out-recruit Ole miss. 

Well seeing as Ole Miss is now proven to be basically dead even with Arkansas and Arkansas never even had a pulse against Ga, and seeing as we had around 70 recruits on site today with over 40 4/5 stars and a solid atmosphere with Cam Newton and Bruce Pearl living it up in the student section, and we put up a good fight until we wore down, I’m gonna respectfully disagree. 

36 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The same I want from any coach. He benched Bo for his shenanigans and Bo preformed better last week. Bo starts the same crap this week and he just keeps him in the game. And this defense is worse that the receiving core. Remember he hired everyone of these coaches and a lot aren’t doing their job. 

Did you see how many drops the receivers had? He can’t throw it and catch it too. No matter who the QB is, these receivers just can’t catch. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Right now, we will be lucky to out-recruit Ole miss. 

This si dumb. Have you seen their class??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I'm in a wait and see situation with Harsin.  More than anything.....Auburn needs stability. 

Totally irrelevant....but how can Harsin stand those long sleeves when it's this warm outside? 

Heard a cold front was moving through.

Just now, cbo said:

No reason to be upset with the coaching staff after this game. I’m fact, I think we go on bit of a win streak now. 

I thought many of the play calls were there just not good enough execution for 1reason or another.

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

No reason to be upset with the coaching staff after this game. I’m fact, I think we go on bit of a win streak now. 

Ripping off 4-5 straight is not out of the question.  The West is really Bama and then a bunch of pretty evenly matched teams.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I thought many of the play calls were there just not good enough execution for 1reason or another.

I agree. Remember when I said I wanted to see a competent offense? That was one. We were just outmanned. I never expected many points. 

• Like 1

I thought there was good play calling for the most part. In the stands, it looked like 3 stars playing 4 and 5 stars. They executed better and had better skill players. 
We didn’t do bad, just couldn’t compete…yet. Give us a year or two and our execution and understanding of the schemes on O and D will be better. 
Take away 2 long passes and the naked QB run and it’s a much closer game. 

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, cbo said:

I tend to agree. Ga is a monster of a team right now and if we simply catch the ball we would have had a chance to win. May have still lost but it would have a tight game. That’s literally all you can ask of any staff, let alone a first year staff.  I felt the staff actually did really well today but execution killed us. We won’t face a team anywhere near the same ballpark as Ga til bama. 

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Considering they can't stop the run for s***...we will definitely see

Both Ole Miss and Ark are beatable .

Nobody said they were unbeatable but we can't win a shoot out. No way in hell. We can't win a game where passing down field is a necessity

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Did you see how many drops the receivers had? He can’t throw it and catch it too. No matter who the QB is, these receivers just can’t catch. 

I’ve been a Bo truther since jump. Dude wasn’t a problem until the late 3rd/early 4th at the earliest. At that point, you could see he was a bit sped up 

Literally 14 points were dropped/ripped away by UGA and the refs (not perfect passes, I’m not arguing that there was)) 

• Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, cole256 said:

Nobody said they were unbeatable but we can't win a shoot out. No way in hell. We can't win a game where passing down field is a necessity

We will have a much easier time running the ball against those teams. Won’t likely be the shootout you might expect in my opinion (which with a quarter might get you a gum ball on a good day)

Also shootouts don’t require any certain type of offense. Just one that produces at whatever it is they do. 

45 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Sometimes that's all you need. You can talent your way to a 10 win season even with poor coaching. Right now, we will be lucky to out-recruit Ole miss. 

That’s kinda the concerning part. I think Harsin and them might be able to find some gems, but I really wonder if they can recruit better receiving prospects, for example. We might’ve had our best receiving recruiting ever under the past staff…but I’ll wait till his receiver coach gets a full offseason 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

The same I want from any coach. He benched Bo for his shenanigans and Bo preformed better last week. Bo starts the same crap this week and he just keeps him in the game. And this defense is worse that the receiving core. Remember he hired everyone of these coaches and a lot aren’t doing their job. 

Took 3 1/2 quarters for the D to break against the #2 team with no help from the offense. What are you talking about. 

• Like 3