Worst Hands for a team I've ever seen

AUght2win

4 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Bo took 4 sacks for a loss of 46 yards! Yes, I'd rather a qb stand in and try to throw the ball. You're going to take some sacks, that is part of playing good teams. Bo's scrambles have hurt as much as they have helped. If we left him in there to lose the GA state game would you feel the same? Take away Bo's rushing and our RB's averaged a pretty solid 3.3 yards per carry. I'm not buying that our line is trash and ALL the receivers just can't catch. 

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 1.34.00 PM.png

How many times have you stood in there and took those hits?

If it were few and far between, I might agree with you. But if he stood in there like you suggest, he wouldn’t make it a half. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If it were few and far between, I might agree with you. But if he stood in there like you suggest, he wouldn’t make it a half. 

You're really getting carried away with the OL criticism. 

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You're blind or delusional. One or the other.

Considering I can read your reply, I'm confident I'm not blind. Can a delusional person recognize their own delusions? Probably not, so you may be right. 

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

At the college level? Zero times. I said that very plainly in my post. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He could throw it away, he could throw an accurate pass to someone, he could try to run forward instead of backwards... lots of alternatives to what you're proposing. 

Not that the OL is quite as bad as you're suggesting. 

Don't remember exactly where it was in the game but there was a play where Bo clearly had nowhere to go but did have plenty of time and personal space to lob one to the sidelines. Nope. Runs backwards and takes a 10+ yard sack. He's still very prone to bad decision making. (And inaccuracy.)

It’s difficult to do what you say when the opportunity to have a clean pocket is a rarity. I too would love to see a nice balance. But against UGA, that was not to be. 
Not to mention, Bo is not that tall. When your OL is struggling, they usually get stood up. That shuts down several passing lanes. Bo is no Drew Brees. I don’t see him overcoming that.
As I stated, maybe TJ is tall enough to overcome that. 

2 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

It’s difficult to do what you say when the opportunity to have a clean pocket is a rarity.

It's actually easier than what Bo often does instead. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's actually easier than what Bo often does instead. 

If it were easy, there would be more successful QBs at the college level. 

Per Bryan Harsin (very well spoken in my opinion):

“The drop issue, it’s frustrating … Those are going to happen. You’re not going to have a perfect game. You’ll have a drop here and there. I know how it’s so heightened at this point, but we have too many. At the end of the day, we have too many.”

“That comes back to a lot of just fundamentals of catching the football.”  We made some tough catches today. There were some good plays made that we did catch. Now it’s got to be the consistency of it. Right now, that’s where we’re working the hardest, to try and be consistent in that area. We had drops in the LSU game. Guys aren’t trying to, I know that. They’re working hard at it. There are things they’re doing, but if it’s not working, it needs to change.”

“Catching the ball, the way you practice, I think the mentality of that that ball is your ball when it’s in the air.  I think that’s a big part of it and being super aggressive with the ball is in the air and you know when you’re going to come down with it. Those are things that we have got to continue to keep emphasizing, and we will.

“I told the players at the end of the game, ‘It’s a long season. There’s still a lot of football to be played. There’s a lot of things that -- which is encouraging to me -- there’s a lot of things that we know we’re not there yet that we are going to keep working hard at.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, CCTAU said:

If it were easy, there would be more successful QBs at the college level. 

I didn't say it was easy. I said it was easier than what he does instead.

You've clearly got things you want to be true about Bo and other players on the team. Maybe some of them actually are true. Regardless, you saw what you saw and none of us, least of all me, can change what you saw. WDE

• Like 1

Are we really surprised how poorly we have recruited pass catching skilled positions considering our offenses in the last decade? To quote Sean Payton, a bunch of "no catching mother..."

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:
33 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

You're blind or delusional. One or the other.

Considering I can read your reply, I'm confident I'm not blind. Can a delusional person recognize their own delusions? Probably not, so you may be right.

This is one of the better responses that I’ve seen on the board. Cheers to you sir 🍻!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Per Bryan Harsin (very well spoken in my opinion):

“The drop issue, it’s frustrating … Those are going to happen. You’re not going to have a perfect game. You’ll have a drop here and there. I know how it’s so heightened at this point, but we have too many. At the end of the day, we have too many.”

“That comes back to a lot of just fundamentals of catching the football.”  We made some tough catches today. There were some good plays made that we did catch. Now it’s got to be the consistency of it. Right now, that’s where we’re working the hardest, to try and be consistent in that area. We had drops in the LSU game. Guys aren’t trying to, I know that. They’re working hard at it. There are things they’re doing, but if it’s not working, it needs to change.”

“Catching the ball, the way you practice, I think the mentality of that that ball is your ball when it’s in the air.  I think that’s a big part of it and being super aggressive with the ball is in the air and you know when you’re going to come down with it. Those are things that we have got to continue to keep emphasizing, and we will.

“I told the players at the end of the game, ‘It’s a long season. There’s still a lot of football to be played. There’s a lot of things that -- which is encouraging to me -- there’s a lot of things that we know we’re not there yet that we are going to keep working hard at.”

I am not suggesting there weren't drops. I'm also not suggesting that our WRs don't need to get better in this area. I don't think anyone would disagree with his comments. 

33 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

At the college level? Zero times. I said that very plainly in my post. 

What I find very funny is the guy that came at you like that has something to say to EVERYBODY that doesn't agree with him, but is the first to point out when someone else has a debate.

Basically he can have stuff to say, but if you say something to him it's you argue with everybody.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I find very funny is the guy that came at you like that has something to say to EVERYBODY that doesn't agree with him, but is the first to point out when someone else has a debate.

Basically he can have stuff to say, but if you say something to him it's you argue with everybody.

I forgot that dude exists. Put him on ignore long time ago, don't remember why. But it's easy to see it was a good decision.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I forgot that dude exists. Put him on ignore long time ago, don't remember why. But it's easy to see it was a good decision.

He's like the meta4 dude without the intelligence. Has the chip on his shoulder then has the nerve to talk about someone else. Argues with someone every single day then says something about arguing.....I'm telling you man it's laughable. I feel sorry for @JwgreDeux because I know he's going to put effort in his posts screen shots logic all of that and they aren't going to listen. May not even read it. Just wasted effort.

He'll misspell a word or something and somebody will say a dumb joke and that'll be that 😂

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's like the meta4 dude without the intelligence. Has the chip on his shoulder then has the nerve to talk about someone else. Argues with someone every single day then says something about arguing.....I'm telling you man it's laughable. I feel sorry for @JwgreDeux because I know he's going to put effort in his posts screen shots logic all of that and they aren't going to listen. May not even read it. Just wasted effort.

He'll misspell a word or something and somebody will say a dumb joke and that'll be that 😂

I know he posts more in the hoops forum but I hope he keeps bringing this content over here. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

I am not suggesting there weren't drops. I'm also not suggesting that our WRs don't need to get better in this area. I don't think anyone would disagree with his comments. 

No worries.  This was not directed at anyone.  I just thought this was a good thread to drop these comments in.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Exactly! Now at seasons end, let’s see what quarterback has a 80% plus completion percentage against the Georgia defense.

Every sports media outlet in the country, former players, former coaches, current coaches are discussing the dropped passes. But a couple on here psychologically have it in their mind that Bo is the entire problem and not the 15 dropped passes on Saturday. So they just can’t bring themselves to admit the problem is dropped passes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! Now at seasons end, let’s see what quarterback has a 80% plus completion percentage against the Georgia defense.

Every sports media outlet in the country, former players, former coaches, current coaches are discussing the dropped passes. But a couple on here psychologically have it in their mind that Bo is the entire problem and not the 15 dropped passes on Saturday. So they just can’t bring themselves to admit the problem is dropped passes.

I can’t speak for others, but I certainly never said Bo was the only problem. Certainly there were drops there’s no debating that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AUreo said:

FWIW, Adjusted completion considers drops, spikes, throw aways, and QBs being hit while throwing.

That's a sobering chart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank goodness for some specific data relevant to the thread topic.

Why do so many threads end up as verbal disputes laced with insults and name calling?

Edited by CodeRocket

2 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

I can’t speak for others, but I certainly never said Bo was the only problem. Certainly there were drops there’s no debating that.

I don't think you'd find 3 people on this ENTIRE forum that has said this. And if you made that to regular posters you wouldn't find one person. Not one. And people liked that post. It's crazy man. You can literally just say ANYTHING and if it lines up to what a person wants to believe.....like.

Then on the other hand a person posts something and back it up with logic or some type of reference and it will get down voted......because it's not popular. It would actually mean that some stuff people said earlier would be wrong......can't have that! 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I don't think you'd find 3 people on this ENTIRE forum that has said this. And if you made that to regular posters you wouldn't find one person. Not one. 

Exactly, no one is saying that at all. Improvement is needed across the board. This happens to include the most important guy on the team, Bo. 

For some reason, there are people here who cannot tolerate this fact. It will always be everyone’s fault, except Bo’s. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

35 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

Thank goodness for some specific data relevant to the thread topic.

Why do so many threads end up as verbal disputes laced with insults and name calling?

It is always the same people. Just sift through the garbage or use ignore.