Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

11 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Mike leach is also the best coach/person ever. He can do whatever he wants. 

Fu*king hero we need. 

A hero?  Nobody is a hero in this other than those that have worked tirelessly to care for the people that have been impacted by this disease and those that have worked to develop vaccines and treatments to lessen the impact it has had on society as a whole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

To be clear, yes it fades. However, when exposed to the antigen the subsequent time the secondary immune response ramps up antibody production at an exponentially increased rate compared to the initial exposure and is much more specific(effective) against the antigen. The immunological memory never fades.

do these people know how sick your son is bird? do they realize that covid might kill him if he and the folks around him are not vaccinated? i might be way off base but if i am correct it drives home a strong point. apologies if i spoke out of turn.

13 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This whole thing really is incredible. Here we are 5 days away from playing a Halloween home game at prime time against 1 of the top 3 teams in the SEC, firmly in control of our own destiny.

And what do we do to start the week? B*tch and moan at each other over our coach’s vaccination status and a Twitter rumor that has still yet to be confirmed or even addressed by the head coach. 

We Auburn fans really are the most miserable bunch of a**holes this side of the Mississippi. Fate has granted us as fans an opportunity to be excited and hopeful, and we piss it away in exchange for fear and pessimism.

War Eagle!

Yet all the head coach has to do is man up and speak his mind.

• Like 1

i am sitting here thinking thank goodness titan came down on folks in general here or we would have one hot mess here. i am proud of folks not slinging names and allowing for differing opinions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

That is cute.  Required to do something and should do something do not have to be one in the same.  It is so simple that it is mind blowing that he won't. 

He sounds just like Kyrie Irving.  How do you feel about his actions? Smart or no?

If he's good to go with his employer, the doctors, and the team, that's all that matters.

13 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

If needed, they'll give him an exemption. While that exemption may read "religious exemption," it should read "SEC Football Coach."

I'm fine with that BTW, that's just how I've seen religious exemptions work throughout my career, whether the person requesting the exemption has a true conviction or not. 

Sometimes it's just easier to have paperwork on file as a CYA than it is to cause a fuss. That is the stance AU will take if Harsin is not actually vaccinated. 

That will work great on the recruiting trail.  I can hear Kirby, Saban, Kiffin and others now sitting at the dining room table of a recruit in Selma, South Georgia or wherever explaining to a mother why she can't trust the coach that is part of some cult like religion that they don't understand.  If you don't think that will happen, you are fooling yourselves.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Yet all the head coach has to do is man up and speak his mind.

He did.

at the end of the day i hope everyone remains healthy on here. agree or disagree i wish the best for everyone. life is so precious. i harbor no ill will for anyone. stay safe folks!

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Nobody is a hero in this other than those that have worked tirelessly to care for the people that have been impacted by this disease

I'm not sure they feel very hero-like while they're losing their livelihood for not complying with ...vaccine mandates. 

Edited by SRBautigerfan
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm not sure they feel very hero-like while they're losing their livelihood for not complying with Democrat vaccine mandates.

There is nothing political about this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I'm not sure they feel very hero-like while they're losing their livelihood for not complying with Democrat vaccine mandates.

why bring politics in into this thread? you will get it locked.

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To be clear, yes it fades. However, when exposed to the antigen the subsequent time the secondary immune response ramps up antibody production at an exponentially increased rate compared to the initial exposure and is much more specific(effective) against the antigen. The immunological memory never fades.

Precisely

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bro Johnny Mac said:

So Harsin should just suck it up and tell everyone his vax status because  Saban might steal a recruit from us?

Or because it is just the right thing to do.

That will work great on the recruiting trail.  I can hear Kirby, Saban, Kiffin and others now sitting at the dining room table of a recruit in Selma, South Georgia or wherever explaining to a mother why she can't trust the coach that is part of some cult like religion that they don't understand.  If you don't think that will happen, you are fooling yourselves.

Go root for another team, I don't give a dam if coach gets vac or not. I don't care who is or isn't I'm tired of people coming on these board scared s#itless about what Rivals are doing and the already media dislike for Auburn is going to say. The sooner fans can point the middle finger at who ever and just worry about what's best for Auburn the better off you and Auburn will be.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

how many of you anti vaxxers believe that phoney article about 450 000 americans have died from covid? just curious. there is a lot of misinformation out there folks believe that is just not true.

8 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Or maybe those recruits and their parents are open minded enough to respect others beliefs and are impressed by his discretion. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not necessarily and I'd bet my membership here that he will be here next season.

If he beats Ole MIss and TaM, then I will meet your membership, and raise it giving up my first born child (ofc she is 40 years old now).... :)

...that Harsin definitely will be our coach at the end of this season...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

Go root for another team, I don't give a dam if coach gets vac or not. I don't care who is or isn't I'm tired of people coming on these board scared s#itless about what Rivals are doing and the already media dislike for Auburn is going to say. The sooner fans can point the middle finger at who ever and just worry about what's best for Auburn the better off you and Auburn will be.

tell how you really feel bro.............grins

• Haha 1

That is what you call refusing to address something?

He didn't disclose his personal health status to the press to your satisfaction?

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

giving up my first born child (ofc she is 40 years old now)...

My wife would not appreciate that...