Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

HIPAA does not apply to employers or employment records.  Employee vaccination status is not protected health information (PHI) under HIPAA. Also, an employer can publicly identify which employees have been vaccinated and which employees have not been vaccinated.  Employee vaccination status is part of the employment record and the employer is not a covered entity under HIPAA.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

The fact that one man with the intestinal fortitude to stand up to the mob creates such heartache and anger in so many speaks VOLUMES and the fact that most of them want him to give up his own values just to please them speaks even louder. 

And how quickly they, Auburn fans for goodness sakes, forget the man went in, then out of Covid protocol. He didn't wind up in the emergency room, and neither did anyone else as far as we know. Either some miracle happened, or he got the shot. Maybe it takes a genius to figure that out. But no let's hyperventilate and call out his leadership when the sports media snaps it's fingers. So much for unity in the program.

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

It’s not you bud. 

Well yeah.  I've only been dormant for a short time b/c I didn't understand the rules w/ mods 😉

More meaning I can't spot the Gus Bussers coming out of the woodwork

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Warbird82 said:

Actually, I think Harsin early on has said that he will not be talking about the vaccine status of himself or anyone else in the program...it's private.  The fact that the University may have a new policy has no bearing on his initial stance on the subject.  The press can ask all kinds of questions, but if it involves his or anyone else's vax status, the answer should be the same.  To do otherwise would be unprincipled and do more harm to his rep than this.  Take a stance, then hold your ground!

His reputation is being harmed by appearing shady when asked the question.  To be clear, this information is part of his employment record and will eventually be made public.  The information is not protected in any way by HIPAA.

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

And how quickly they, Auburn fans for goodness sakes, forget the man went in, then out of Covid protocol. He didn't wind up in the emergency room, and neither did anyone else as far as we know. Either some miracle happened, or he got the shot. Maybe it takes a genius to figure that out. But no let's hyperventilate and call out his leadership when the sports media snaps it's fingers. So much for unity in the program.

If he is vaccinated, it is a special kind of stupid to allow this to fester.

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

The thing is none of us know if he is vaccinated or not vaccinated . There are a lot of assumptions being made here. There is an assumption that if he was vaccinated he would share. That is not how the world works for everyone. There is the assumption that this is a distraction to our recruits and players which I think is laughable because I bet you his inner circle knows his status. The dude is probably a dang private guy. This is essentially what I get from him. As long as it doesn’t hinder the performance on the field I do not care one way or another . 

• Love 1

28 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Oh if Harsin comments on whether he has the vaccine or not it’ll end a long tradition of us Auburn fans being in a constant panic and bi*ching about everything? I guess he should come out and tell us then.

In all seriousness, I am pro covid vaccine and believe that it would benefit our society greatly if more people got it. But nobody should be pressured into telling the media their medical history. Now, it would probably be a good look for him to get and announce it. And If he doesn’t have it and won’t get it, he may have to face the music. But if he doesn’t want to talk about it to the media, he shouldn’t have to. It’s his right as a free human being to talk about that with whomever he chooses.

I agree, but this vaccination is not considered to be a part of someone's medical history.  He is free to do as he wishes, but choices come with consequences, both good and bad.

1 hour ago, shabby said:

The ultimate consequence should be the same for every employee. whether a groundskeeper or a 5 million a year coach. Not really my business to determine what that is as I don't agree with vaccine mandates for every field. I'm only stating that the University has the right to set the expectation and penalize those that disregard it. Harsin a has a right to follow the policy or accept the consequence of whatever is applied. By choosing to be vague and or not comply he is putting self before team and program.

He hasn’t been vague at all. We also have no information that suggests he hasn’t complied with any Auburn policy. He just refuses to tell those that are dying to know.

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hey, Shabby; what’s your gender and why won’t you tell?

I'm not sure how keeping my gender status secret would imperil the lives of other as this pandemic has (730,000 Americans dead and counting).  I'm cisgender by the way. why? you flirting with me?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

His reputation is being harmed by appearing shady when asked the question.  To be clear, this information is part of his employment record and will eventually be made public.  The information is not protected in any way by HIPAA.

I believe this practice may be different employer to employer. My employer (major world wide employer) definitely would consider this as private medical information and would not reveal this. I assume the courts would work that out as a FoIA request many times winds up there.

2 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Back to football 

Def a fan of the coach side of Harsin.  

Hopefully his exception is approved by the feds and he isn't fired

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

20 pages of nothing that is relevant to this Saturday or even this season. Sheesh.... 

I believe you're more than free to start a topic and make conversation

• Thanks 1

Just now, DAG said:

The thing is none of us know if he is vaccinated or not vaccinated . There are a lot of assumptions being made here. There is an assumption that if he was vaccinated he would share. That is not how the world works for everyone. There is the assumption that this is a distraction to our recruits and players which I think is laughable because I bet you his inner circle knows his status. The dude is probably a dang private guy. This is essentially what I get from him. As long as it doesn’t hinder the performance on the field I do not care one way or another . 

If he's proving anything right now, is that parents of recruits know for sure he and his coaching staff WILL protect the privacy of their sons. THAT is the real selling point. But NO ONE seems capable of contemplating that aspect.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

I'm not sure how keeping my gender status secret would imperil the lives of other as this pandemic has (730,000 Americans dead and counting).  I'm cisgender by the way. why? you flirting with me?

Well, it is your prerogative to keep you gender to yourself just as it is for Harsin to keep his vaccine status to himself.  The pandemic is not a good excuse to give up freedoms we all enjoy.  Protect yourself and live you life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

You're really calling someone who thinks Healthcare professionals were heroes for working during the pandemic a simp? It's amazing how stupid some of you people are. Guess you can call me a simp as well because the heroes during all the last year and a half are the healthcare workers, not some stupid ass football coach.

Lmao and here is the perfect example of why the majority of American and humans in general hate you and your type. 

Wanting to take things like leach is a hero and turn it into some big deal when it's a common turn if phrase then feel the need to throw in who the ReAl HeRoS are. 

Literally 

edit

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I had my emotions about all of it- with regards to Harsin- back before the season started. I don't have to tell you about it. I still have opinions, but I have to admit that I overestimated the consequences. Like you said, he seems to be doing just fine.

• Like 4

Just now, McLoofus said:

I had my emotions about all of it- with regards to Harsin- back before the season started. I don't have to tell you about it. I still have opinions, but I have to admit that I overestimated the consequences. Like you said, he seems to be doing just fine.

I think everybody has an opinion and everybody is emotional invested. My issue is the false claims that it is affecting X, Y, and Z. Where is the proof to that?

Like Kyrie Irving status is affecting the Brooklyn Nets because he isn’t allowed in the building and now not a part of the team. 

This is not so with CBH. It is just another piece of literature for us and ESPN to talk about. It definitely doesn’t seem like it is affecting the locker room. It seems to be affecting part of the fanbase who just wants him to tell them. Well that is their personal issue. The guy has said he is not against anyone who is vaccinated and he has bought in leaders to discuss the COVID vaccine. If he is doing all of that and not hindering others and it’s not affecting his job duties at Auburn , I honestly don’t see what the argument is about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For those on here who need to know the answer in any shape, form or fashion I ask why? Will it make you adjust your way of life?

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think everybody has an opinion and everybody is emotional invested. My issue is the false claims that it is affecting X, Y, and Z. Where is the proof to that?

Like Kyrie Irving status is affecting the Brooklyn Nets because he isn’t allowed in the building and now not a part of the team. 

This is not so with CBH. It is just another piece of literature for us and ESPN to talk about. It definitely doesn’t seem like it is affecting the locker room. It seems to be affecting part of the fanbase who just wants him to tell them. Well that is their personal issue. The guy has said he is not against anyone who is vaccinated and he has bought in leaders to discuss the COVID vaccine. If he is doing all of that and not hindering others and it’s not affecting his job duties at Auburn , I honestly don’t see what the argument is about. 

I’m a lot younger than CBH and in decent shape, not on any medications, and that delta variant kicked my a**. So I highly doubt Harsin’s symptoms would’ve been so mild if he wasn’t vaccinated 

32 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Lmao and here is the perfect example of why the majority of American and humans in general hate you and your type. 

Wanting to take things like leach is a hero and turn it into some big deal when it's a common turn if phrase then feel the need to throw in who the ReAl HeRoS are. 

Literally 

edit

I didn't give a crap about what you said about Leach. It's your prerogative to worship a football coach. But when you want to call people simps for respecting healthcare workers who were s*** on for the entire pandemic by the right and their refusal to do the simplest of things to keep them safe, that's where I had to step in. But I forgot people like YOU don't give a s*** about anyone but themselves as long as you can say " 'Merica and freedom" in the same sentence.

You can keep that thinking with your anti-vax ass, but when you get sick and need treatment from hospitals

edit