Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What?  Huh?  Who's mad?  

lol I was just replying to you and talking generally of ppl wanting this thread gone.  I didn't even attack you or come at you.  What are you talking about?

What's more, I spewed nothing nor any anger last night.  I just corrected someone claiming 300k globally don't make anything mainstream virtually all of the major Christians, Jewish, Muslims, Catholic leaders around the world have supported the vaccine.

you need to state yourself clearer. i am not trying to get the thread closed. i am taking part in the discussion until it gets nasty.  and you addressed your statement to me instead of generally speaking to everyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I wasn't even angry to mean to fifty.  I'm not sure where he's coming from.  I just replied to him and generally talked about people want this thread moved or delete.  I didn't even say anything about him.

I'm kinda confused here.

I think it was in your response TO him, and you refereenced in general about you not understanding people getting angry.

I, like him, when I see a response to my comment, and you say things like 'angry' I would think too you are lumping me in there, since your response was to my comment. Just a clarity thing that happens in messaging...

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What?  Huh?  Who's mad?  

lol I was just replying to you and talking generally of ppl wanting this thread gone.  I didn't even attack you or come at you.  What are you talking about?

What's more, I spewed nothing nor any anger last night.  I just corrected someone claiming 300k globally don't make anything mainstream virtually all of the major Christians, Jewish, Muslims, Catholic leaders around the world have supported the vaccine....using the exact article he posted as reference

i will let your posts on this thread speak for me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you need to state yourself clearer. i am not trying to get the thread closed. i am taking part in the discussion until it gets nasty.  and you addressed your statement to me instead of generally speaking to everyone.

my guy, I tried.  I was just talking to you about it.  Sorry for the confusion

"I don't get peoples anger of 1 topic that's active when pretty much none other are"

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

But your argument is a vaccine has to give us full 100% immunity.  MMR doesn't.  It's like 88-93% for the viruses it includes.

I was just pointing out that those types of vaccines are given at birth and in childhood and you have almost complete immunity for life.  Can you get it, yes, but it is like getting struck by lighting. Probably not going to happen.  Cannot compare this vaccine to those vaccines.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I think it was in your response TO him, and you refereenced in general about you not understanding people getting angry.

I, like him, when I see a response to my comment, and you say things like 'angry' I would think too you are lumping me in there, since your response was to my comment. Just a clarity thing that happens in messaging...

Yeah, I was just talk to him and talking of people in general.  I guess it was confusion.

There are people angry that this thread needs to be move, need a forum for it, delete the thread, etc.  IDK who it is, but it wasn't fifty

• Thanks 2

Just now, steeleagle said:

thank you! i am in a great mood right now. going to see the halloween kills movie with a bunch of friends in a little while. my ex is still fighting for her life but is somewhat better so..........great mood actually! i still am in love with my second if that makes any sense.

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

There is, its called the Political forum and this is where the author should have put this thread.

Someone assured me this topic isn't political. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

my guy, I tried.  I was just talking to you about it.  Sorry for the confusion

"I don't get peoples anger of 1 topic that's active when pretty much none other are"

i admit i get gun shy but i have no problems with you wed. everyone is entitles to their opinion. i am loved by few and hated by many because i have very little filter.

1 minute ago, casatiger said:

I was just pointing out that those types of vaccines are given at birth and in childhood and you have almost complete immunity for life.  Can you get it, yes, but it is like getting struck by lighting. Probably not going to happen.  Cannot compare this vaccine to those vaccines.  

What about Whooping Cough?  Do you consider that a vaccine?

There are countless vaccines in which you need a booster.  We'll most likely develop better vaccines that have longer lasting efficacy.  Just b/c it isn't 100% perfectly developed w/in 8-10 months of it ravishing the world doesn't mean it is a vaccine

i admit i get gun shy but i have no problems with you wed. everyone is entitles to their opinion. i am loved by few and hated by many because i have very little filter.

ok, was just trying to have a convo with you about ppl wanting this shut down after you made some jokes.  Thought we could just talk

1 hour ago, shabby said:

From the article:

"Vaccinated or not, it’s unacceptable that he would rather evade questions than answer honestly in public when a simple explanation might save Auburn so much shame, and, more importantly, probably help save lives in Alabama, too."

so no- he is not assuming. 

Harsin should state whether he is complying with policy. It is his right to comply or not comply. The university also has a right to stand by their policy. Freedom of choice does not absolve one from the consequence of the choice made. 

What is the ultimate consequence? Some negativity from the press for a little bit That will subside once something else pops in their tiny brains? If he is still the coach next year.. and we are progressively getting better.. then the only people who will have wasted their brain space on this issue will be the ones who are crying now. Hey.. they need their clout. That’s really all they want. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

@bigbirdfrom reading your posts you seem to be implying that you know Harsin's vaccination status and that he is not vaccinated.  Would this be correct?

No. I don't know his status. Just an understanding of the situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Sanders said:

What is the ultimate consequence? Some negativity from the press for a little bit That will subside once something else pops in their tiny brains? If he is still the coach next year.. and we are progressively getting better.. then the only people who will have wasted their brain space on this issue will be the ones who are crying now. Hey.. they need their clout. That’s really all they want. 

i think most of us are happy with coach. whatever happens we will have little to nothing to do with changing anything. too often now when people disagree it gets blown out of proportion and people lose their minds. i have not seen this level of anger in this country since nam and the media is killing us by deviding us.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

ok, was just trying to have a convo with you about ppl wanting this shut down after you made some jokes.  Thought we could just talk

i will talk to you anytime you want wed. i have nothing against you i just wanted to make sure you understood what i was really saying. we are good on my end. you bring a lot of insight on here and i consider you a good guy.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you need to quit thinking what you think i think. i know a ton of people that had covid and survived as well as died. a lot of my talking points has come from them. i cannot tell you the last time i turned on the tv and watched any news. it has been a long time.

You just admitted you didn't understand the position held by millions of "Vaccine works, forcing this vaccination is wrong." I question how much thinking you're doing if the idea that others might value the right to choose was unknown to you. Covid is not ebola. It is not the black death. It is not smallpox. Invoking others who have had Covid (I've had it too! Ask me what I thought about having it.) doesn't give you the moral high ground when it comes to forcing things upon others.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

i think most of us are happy with coach. whatever happens we will have little to nothing to do with changing anything. too often now when people disagree it gets blown out of proportion and people lose their minds. i have not seen this level of anger in this country since nam and the media is killing us by deviding us.

So is social media.,,,

In the old days, the only thing that you had were opinion columns, and letter's to the editors, where you could spout off your issues.

Oh, I long for the good ole days. 🤥

i will talk to you anytime you want wed. i have nothing against you i just wanted to make sure you understood what i was really saying. we are good on my end. you bring a lot of insight on here and i consider you a good guy.

Ok, that's enough kum-ba- yahing.. Save some for later threads. :)

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What about Whooping Cough?  Do you consider that a vaccine?

There are countless vaccines in which you need a booster.  We'll most likely develop better vaccines that have longer lasting efficacy.  Just b/c it isn't 100% perfectly developed w/in 8-10 months of it ravishing the world doesn't mean it is a vaccine

My children had that when they were babies and will not have to get it again unless Fauci gets involved in it(just kidding).  Not anti-vaxx.  I get a tetanus "shot" every 10 years or so.  I get it.  Guess what you did not have to do when you got and recovered from Polio?  Get the vaccine.  I keep coming back to my same argument:  Harsin had and recovered from the virus. He should be good to go relative to his vaccination status based on that.  This vaccine does not provide much immunity at all but does seem to protect against long hospital stays and really bad cases.  Lets call it what it is.  It is essentially a proactive treatment.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

You just admitted you didn't understand the position held by millions of "Vaccine works, forcing this vaccination is wrong." I question how much thinking you're doing if the idea that others might value the right to choose was unknown to you. Covid is not ebola. It is not the black death. It is not smallpox. Invoking others who have had Covid (I've had it too! Ask me what I thought about having it.) doesn't give you the moral high ground when it comes to forcing things upon others.

i have lost eleven friends so far. one more is in the hospital and was just placed on the ventilator on top of battling high blood pressure. i live in a very small town that is shrinking every single day. so to me it is alarming. for the record i understand some of it. a lot of folks will not take the vax because of an article out there claiming 450 000 americans have died from the shot. they say it contains aborted fetuses. it makes metal stick to your skin. they are sticking the mark of the beast in the shot and on and on and on. yes i do not understand that kind of crap.

After joining this board recently and posting a handful of times, I started to become suspicious that a few posters go out of their way to be negative and argumentative.

This thread removed all doubts.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Ok, that's enough kum-ba- yahing.. Save some for later threads. :)

steele you are still one of my main guys and i would never dump you for wed altho he is kinda hot. anyway that is my story and i am sticking with it. but make no mistake you are the best look sob on this site! i look forward to coming over on halloween and scaring the kids for you............

1 minute ago, TJRanger175 said:

After joining this board recently and posting a handful of times, I started to become suspicious that a few posters go out of their way to be negative and argumentative.

This thread removed all doubts.

we are an aquired taste tj, but make no mistake we have a ton of awesome folks on here.

• Like 1