Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

2 minutes ago, KnightTiger said:

Mike leach also refuses to address his vaccine status

he claimed the pirate exemption.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

And again... Joseph Goodman is ASSUMING that he is not vaccinated. And is writing an entire article on that assumption. They can not stand for a coach to be private in any way.. whether it is injury reports or anything else.. they think they deserve to know everything. They seem to forget that without Auburn football (or any school).. they're stuck writing about who knows what.. or maybe no job at all.

From the article:

"Vaccinated or not, it’s unacceptable that he would rather evade questions than answer honestly in public when a simple explanation might save Auburn so much shame, and, more importantly, probably help save lives in Alabama, too."

so no- he is not assuming. 

Harsin should state whether he is complying with policy. It is his right to comply or not comply. The university also has a right to stand by their policy. Freedom of choice does not absolve one from the consequence of the choice made. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

If they die its probably from another underlying issue like obesity.   If they took the vaccine they should be fine right?    It works doesnt it? 

some did among my friends and some did not to be honest. i am a fat ass so i took it and could not get the shots quick enough. and there is enough misinformation out there to invalidate the vaccine i wonder how many might have died because they believed some bullcrap talking points. example.............fox news rails about freedom and the vaccine but they amde all of those guys take the vaccine. see what i mean? hell hannity was one of the first to get it.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

some did among my friends and some did not to be honest. i am a fat ass so i took it and could not get the shots quick enough. and there is enough misinformation out there to invalidate the vaccine i wonder how many might have died because they believed some bullcrap talking points. example.............fox news rails about freedom and the vaccine but they amde all of those guys take the vaccine. see what i mean? hell hannity was one of the first to get it.

If you're fat or old  or a combination of both its probably a good idea  there is science to support that.    But the science also supports the narrative that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine.   

Lets not paint the you need a vaccine to "survive" a virus that has a 98% survival rate. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am also curious why there has been no federal mandate for those on welfare? Get Vaccinated or lose benefits? I have seen it for gov workers. I have seen it for healthcare workers. I have seen it for Teachers. I have seen it for truckers. Why are they only mandating those with jobs?

It's almost like minority populations dontbhave a good history with governmental drugs and experiments and doing so would be political suicide. But don't worry, it's about the settled science. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auskip07 said:

If you're fat or old  or a combination of both its probably a good idea  there is science to support that.    But the science also supports the narrative that natural immunity is superior to the vaccine.   

Lets not paint the you need a vaccine to "survive" a virus that has a 98% survival rate. 

well two things. i am old and fat but i am still damn good looking so why deprive you guys?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shabby said:

Harsin should state whether he is complying with policy. It is his right to comply or not comply. The university also has a right to stand by their policy. Freedom of choice does not absolve one from the consequence of the choice made. 

The university is hiding behind a federal mandate that is likely unconstitutional. 

I would be interested to see if Auburn has the cojones to fire Harsin over this. Regardless, I'm pretty ashamed of their stance. 

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

Mike leach is also the best coach/person ever. He can do whatever he wants. 

Fu*king hero we need. 

did you see him discussing halloween candy? it is pure gold............it is on the videos below any of the rant pages and is a must watch.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

did you see him discussing halloween candy? it is pure gold............it is on the videos below any of the rant pages and is a must watch.

Everything that man says, touches or does is gold. 

As someone back in school changing careers with coaching and law school being my top 2, he is god. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, shabby said:

From the article:

"Vaccinated or not, it’s unacceptable that he would rather evade questions than answer honestly in public when a simple explanation might save Auburn so much shame, and, more importantly, probably help save lives in Alabama, too."

so no- he is not assuming. 

Here's how the real world works.   People who arnt replaceable  get to skirt the rules.   If you are replaceable you dont get the same luxury  

Pro tip: make yourself hard to replace in any work setting. 

Edited by auskip07
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It's earlier in the thread.

I missed it. So why all the bitching about religious exemptions? What do you have to show to have a philosophical out. My philosophy is that I don’t need a vaccine because I have strong natural immunity.( I wish it had been available before I got Covid, I’m going on 10 months of anosmia/parosmia now. I highly suggest trying to avoid this.) Any long term risk for me is totally unnecessary. Actually a sore arm or one day of fatigue are not worth it. I’m already better off than those only vaxed. 

Just now, aucom96 said:

The university is hiding behind a federal mandate that is likely unconstitutional. 

I would be interested to see if Auburn has the cojones to fire Harsin over this. Regardless, I'm pretty ashamed of their stance. 

come on i doubt it ever happens because auburn will lose too much fed money. i am sure auburn university is just like us with differing opinions so why be ashamed? losing money means losing jobs. would losing fed money weaken us more and thus give an advantage to bama? on this part i am asking because i have no idea.

WHERE is the policy that requires a coach to publicly state through the press his personal health status? WHERE IS IT? Link it, copy and paste it, whatever. Put it on here. Can't? Why? It doesn't exist.

2 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Everything that man says, touches or does is gold. 

As someone back in school changing careers with coaching and law school being my top 2, he is god. 

i thought he was a jerk about the pampered star being locked in a storage shed until the real truth came out. i have been a big fan of his and pull for him unless we are playing him...............

13 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

The difference we don't have a governor trying to flex his authoritarian muscle like they do in Washington. Jay Tate said on the Bunker yesterday you can easily get exemptions in Alabama. If BH isn't vaccinated and doesn't plan to be (because he has natural immunity or some other reason) Auburn will work with him to get it sorted out.

Natural immunity, as you call it, also fades.

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

So to be the coach at Auburn one must give up their morals and ideology when pressed by the state? 

Naa **** that. 

If he is vaccinated why not acknowledge it? What moral conviction or ideology would prevent that? The “I just don’t want too” will play well with concerned parents knowing Alabama is fully vaccinated. 

Just now, slyinsocal said:

WHERE is the policy that requires a coach to publicly state through the press his personal health status? WHERE IS IT? Link it, copy and paste it, whatever. Put it on here. Can't? Why? It doesn't exist.

it is called common sense. you think the fallout is bad on this site just imagine other places. and you know damn well there is pressure on this kids to get the vaccine so we do not lose or forfeit games. i said pressure and not demanding so lets get it right here. anyway you lead by example. do you think harsin would be happy with his record if his kids stayed sick all the time? and lets be clear because athletes have died from it.

2 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

That is cute.  Required to do something and should do something do not have to be one in the same.  It is so simple that it is mind blowing that he won't. 

He sounds just like Kyrie Irving.  How do you feel about his actions? Smart or no?

• Love 2

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not necessarily and I'd bet my membership here that he will be here next season.

Agree on both counts.  Auburn/Harsin will not answer a single question about it.  There will have to be a FOIA filed to get either his vaccination proof or file exemption

Just now, AU9377 said:

Natural immunity, as you call it, also fades.

To be clear, yes it fades. However, when exposed to the antigen the subsequent time the secondary immune response ramps up antibody production at an exponentially increased rate compared to the initial exposure and is much more specific(effective) against the antigen. The immunological memory never fades.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

you missed the point. if the kids were pressured to take the vaccine so we can practice and have a chance to play games at full strength is it fair? coaches lead by example. now if harsin told auburn when he was being hired he would not take the vaccine ahead of time then it is on auburn and bot harsin.