Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not enough popcorn for this crap

Speaking of crap, I wonder when people will want to know what his proctologist has to  say about his last exam. Health is private. Period!

• Like 4

I find Harsin’s position on this incredibly naive. From the jump Saban has out flanked Harsin and Auburn. Saban is vaccinated and the football team is vaccinated. End of that story….play ball! …and recruit!

At Auburn we have the making of a shitshow. Harsin’s reticence has become the story, and thus, a distraction. As a public figure and leader of the program, he should be vaccinated and should make that known.

Forget about his “right”, “religious exemption” (Thou shall not be vaccinated?) and other falderal. This is about the success of the Auburn football program and getting on equal footing with Alabama. Allowing the vaccination to be the story gives Saban even more leverage. 

Despite Gov Mee Maw’s proclamation, the university can fire Harsin. He could possibly prevail in court, but it would set Auburn back years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 4

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You can *ask* anything you want. Demanding private medical information is unethical and arguably illegal depending on the context.

Did you go to Auburn recently...any kids?  They demanded and you complied to give medical records before being able to attend.  This has been happening for many decades, it isn't now.

All HIPAA allows is Doctors/Nurses/Ins Companies can't give out your info w/out consent.  It has nothing to do with you being able to demand they stay private and no one else can see them.

Edited by W.E.D

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The privacy of personal medical history and records is supposed to be sacred. It's why HIPPA exists. 

It's disturbing how many authoritarian policies and philosophies are being accepted into the mainstream. People in this country don't know history, and have never had their freedoms revoked. Therefore, they don't have an appreciation for them. 

One of the issues HIPAA address is assuring portability of insurance between jobs. HIPAA privacy provisions protect the patient by prohibiting, insurance companies, doctors, hospitals, labs, imaging, etc from releasing health information without patient consent. The patient can do whatever they want.

Edited by tomcat
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Some people prefer to keep stuff private.

This is very true, just look at all the posters that have *not telling* as their gender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I haven’t seen anyone in the thread mention “ religious OR PHILOSOPHICAL “ exemptions. That was a thang a few years ago. 

11 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

IT's only a story because of us. The team is not focusing on this one bit. Who gives a big flying f word what that midget in Tuscaloosa has done. It's only a story because the Pro-vaxxers can't stand the fact that he isn't bending the knee to their will. Period. 

You say forget about his Rights? Wow. Some people never cease to amaze me. I hope you are never put in a position where your rights are violated. I have been there. IT isn't fun. I pray that never happens to you, although from the looks of it you would probably take it with a smile not having  clue that you just got shafted without the common courtesy of lube.

As they shouldn’t . They got bigger fish to fry . Clearly , we have too much time on our hands.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Harsin’s reticence

How long have you been waiting to use this word in a sentence on here?

• Haha 2

Hard to believe they still call it a vaccine when they suggest a booster in 6 months.  It's a shot like the flu shot and get ready to get your yearly booster or maybe semi-annual.  Line up and get that booster folks.  Youll be soiling your pants but thank you Pfizer may I have another.  Time will show and it already is showing that natural immunity, which he has, is much more resilient to re-infection.  Europe and Israel consider recovery from the virus as equivalent to getting the vaccine.  Why do we not in the US?  Cause Pfizer and Moderna have not made their profit quota just yet.  If you want to get your vaccine get it.  If you have had it and recovered you should be considered at minimum equivalent to a fully vaccinated individual.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Bingo! Amazing how some posters are twisting this. It is very simple…the vaccine increases antibodies, which significantly REDUCES the possibility of contracting the virus. In the event of a breakthrough case, symptoms are not as severe.

Maybe I’m missing something, but isn’t this entire topic just about the fact that he is not going to talk about his or his team’s status? It is not about being anti-vax or the effectiveness of the vaccine.

side note: I am very pro-vax - my entire family is vaccinated. I have seen firsthand the pain as we just lost someone (young) in our community to COVID that was not vaccinated. However, I freely offer this info because it is my right. It would also be my right to not say anything to anyone about my personal medical choices. 
Whether or not the coach is vaccinated is important to the university and in the end it may impact his job, or it may not, but either way he does not have to tell us anything.

I just want him to win football games. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Hard to believe they still call it a vaccine when they suggest a booster in 6 months.  It's a shot like the flu shot

My guy, the flu shot is literally a vaccine 🤷‍♂️

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

Based Harsin. Who gives a rat’s ass what cess pool Washington has to say about ANYTHING. 

It’s a mandate. Not a law. Religious exemption. Check. Let’s get ready for Ole Miss. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Europe and Israel consider recovery from the virus as equivalent to getting the vaccine.

So we're supposed to agree with doctors from countries with socialized medicine over our superior free market health care systems???

I will not bow to communist doctors today.  No THANK YOU!!!  /s

11 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I’m not disagreeing with u BB, but what makes his situation different from the Wash St coach basically fired for not meeting the state deadline?

Simply Washington vs Alabama and the views of the leadership both in state and institutionally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

I find Harsin’s position on this incredibly naive. From the jump Saban has out flanked Harsin and Auburn. Saban is vaccinated and the football team is vaccinated. End of that story….play ball! …and recruit!

At Auburn we have the making of a shitshow. Harsin’s reticence has become the story, and thus, a distraction. As a public figure and leader of the program, he should be vaccinated and should make that known.

Forget about his “right”, “religious exemption” (Thou shall not be vaccinated?) and other falderal. This is about the success of the Auburn football program and getting on equal footing with Alabama. Allowing the vaccination to be the story gives Saban even more leverage. 

Despite Gov Mee Maw’s proclamation, the university can fire Harsin. He could possibly prevail in court, but it would set Auburn back years.

So to be the coach at Auburn one must give up their morals and ideology when pressed by the state? 

Naa **** that. 

• Like 3

Anyone who supports using state violence to promote any action against peaceable people is a s***ty person.

Businesses and employers overall arent mandating s*** because of public pressure but from threat by the federal and state governments. 

If you support mandates, lockdowns, forced vaxx, etx. You are simply a bad person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

So to be the coach at Auburn one must give up their morals and ideology when pressed by the state? 

Naa **** that. 

What about every student?

Vaccine mandates are not new.  They have never forced people to give up their morals or ideology.  There has never been this weird bat s*** view on vaccines, viruses, and medicine.

Edited by W.E.D

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My guy, the flu shot is literally a vaccine 🤷‍♂️

So the definition of a vaccine is that it provides immunity.  Do you feel immune? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, casatiger said:

So the definition of a vaccine is that it provides immunity.  Do you feel immune? 

I guess literally every vaccines humans have ever created aren't truly a vaccine then.

I shouldn't have given my child the MMR vaccine b/c it is not 100%.  I will soon be suing my doctors.  THANK YOU for this revelation.  Those damn Polio shots that were just 90% shouldn't have ever been given!!!  How dare we take something that builds antibodies and does NOT have 100% efficacy!!!!

🤦‍♂️ we've been ruined by facebook.  My god people

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1