Harsin declines to address vaccination status

aubiefifty

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have lost eleven friends so far. one more is in the hospital and was just placed on the ventilator on top of battling high blood pressure. i live in a very small town that is shrinking every single day. so to me it is alarming. for the record i understand some of it. a lot of folks will not take the vax because of an article out there claiming 450 000 americans have died from the shot. they say it contains aborted fetuses. it makes metal stick to your skin. they are sticking the mark of the beast in the shot and on and on and on. yes i do not understand that kind of crap.

So sorry to hear that @aubiefifty   That's tough.  

• Love 1

1 minute ago, casatiger said:

So sorry to hear that @aubiefifty   That's tough.  

she was the one that i caught but got away. her son was a gangbanger and we could not overcome it.but we still have big love for each other and are best friends. thanks man. she still has cancer spots on her liver and it is a worry but she is a fighter.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, casatiger said:

My children had that when they were babies and will not have to get it again unless Fauci gets involved in it(just kidding).  Not anti-vaxx.  I get a tetanus "shot" every 10 years or so.  I get it.  Guess what you did not have to do when you got and recovered from Polio?  Get the vaccine.  I keep coming back to my same argument:  Harsin had and recovered from the virus. He should be good to go relative to his vaccination status based on that.  This vaccine does not provide much immunity at all but does seem to protect against long hospital stays and really bad cases.  Lets call it what it is.  It is essentially a proactive treatment.  

The Tetanus shot is literally a vaccine you have to get every 10 years.  Whooping Cough is given as a booster to almost all pregnant women and ppl around now borns.

This is amazing

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

The Tetanus shot is literally a vaccine you have to get every 10 years.

This is amazing

No sir, you don't have to get it.  

• Like 2

Just now, casatiger said:

No sir, you don't have to get it.  

correct, you don't have to.  I meant to say it's a vaccine you get every 10 years.  You claim vaccines don't need that tho.  It's your whole argument against the current Covid vaccine and reason to not call it a vaccine...b/c the efficacy wains.

Yet here we are with you getting a vaccine every 10 years

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

correct, you don't have to.  I meant to say it's a vaccine you get every 10 years.  You claim vaccines don't need that tho.  It's your whole argument against the current Covid vaccine and reason to not call it a vaccine...b/c the efficacy wains.

Tetanus was developed in 1924, with 100 years of data behind it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Mortality in the United States resulting from generalized tetanus is 30% overall, 52% in patients older than 60 years, and 13% in patients younger than 60 years.

• Like 1

It is Harsin's right not to say if he is vaccinated or not.  It is also his employers' right not to employ him if he isn't vaccinated.

Nothing we can do to force him to tell us.  Actually trying to do so will only make him dig in deeper.  Having said that, digging in only provides distraction and can impact recruiting.  Just make a calculated decision, that is all I ask.  If it is worth it, go for it.

Same thing goes for this forum.  We aren't going to change anyone's minds about the vaccine by arguing about it.  This an is an issue where the only way to convince someone the virus is real and the vaccine is effective is to get the virus itself.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

It is Harsin's right not to say if he is vaccinated or not.  It is also his employers' right not to employ him if he isn't vaccinated.

Nothing we can do to force him to tell us.  Actually trying to do so will only make him dig in deeper.  Having said that, digging in only provides distraction and can impact recruiting.  Just make a calculated decision, that is all I ask.  If it is worth it, go for it.

Same thing goes for this forum.  We aren't going to change anyone's minds about the vaccine by arguing about it.  This an is an issue where the only way to convince someone the virus is real and the vaccine is effective is to get the virus itself.

i am proud it has not gotten overly nasty so far. not sure if titan scared people or we are just behaving better.

6 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Mortality in the United States resulting from generalized tetanus is 30% overall, 52% in patients older than 60 years, and 13% in patients younger than 60 years.

My last two tetanus shots were the result of going to the emergency room with fish hooks lodged in me. One a hook in my knee. The other a lure in my right thumb. Made dates easy to remember. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

A hero?  Nobody is a hero in this other than those that have worked tirelessly to care for the people that have been impacted by this disease and those that have worked to develop vaccines and treatments to lessen the impact it has had on society as a whole.

Holy ******* simp Batman. Virtue signal some more for the people in the back who didn hear you. 

• Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i think most of us are happy with coach. whatever happens we will have little to nothing to do with changing anything. too often now when people disagree it gets blown out of proportion and people lose their minds. i have not seen this level of anger in this country since nam and the media is killing us by deviding us.

Lots of negativity. And they are using their resources against the people. Facebook and Twitter being the main 2 resources. I deleted Facebook. And I choose who I follow on Twitter very wisely. And now, I don't really have to hear about it anymore. But, when a majority of the Auburn accounts I follow dive into politics, I unfortunately have to see some of it. I will be removing some of them though. I will find the least political account and just follow them. They all provide the exact same information anyway. They all share their information. Tweet the same things. Eat each other's ass. So following only 1 of them will be enough to get the injury report, who isn't at practice, and what the coach says during press conferences.

The rest I can figure out for myself during the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Sanders said:

Lots of negativity. And they are using their resources against the people. Facebook and Twitter being the main 2 resources. I deleted Facebook. And I choose who I follow on Twitter very wisely. And now, I don't really have to hear about it anymore. But, when a majority of the Auburn accounts I follow dive into politics, I unfortunately have to see some of it. I will be removing some of them though. I will find the least political account and just follow them. They all provide the exact same information anyway. They all share their information. Tweet the same things. Eat each other's ass. So following only 1 of them will be enough to get the injury report, who isn't at practice, and what the coach says during press conferences.

The rest I can figure out for myself during the game.

divide and conquer

Also, divide and govern or rule. Win by getting one's opponents to fight among themselves. For example, Divide and conquer was once a very successful policy in sub-Saharan Africa. This expression is a translation of the Latin maxim, Divide et impera (“divide and rule”), and began to appear in English about 1600.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

My last two tetanus shots were the result of going to the emergency room with fish hooks lodged in me. One a hook in my knee. The other a lure in my right thumb. Made dates easy to remember. 

That's how I think of them. The puncture you get after you got punctured. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aucom96 said:

The university is hiding behind a federal mandate that is likely unconstitutional. 

I would be interested to see if Auburn has the cojones to fire Harsin over this. Regardless, I'm pretty ashamed of their stance. 

Vaccine mandates have been upheld at the supreme court level. It is not nor will it become, Unconstitutional. You confuse "I disagree with" with "unconstitutional"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Good post for the most part, although I haven't seen anyone here argue about Covid being real or not. What I have seen is a bunch of people support the right to choose whether they become part of a medical experiment by taking the jab, or choose to take their chances with a virus with a very very high survival rate and then rely on natural immunity. I don't get why people have a problem with it. You do you . I'll do me. What's the issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Sanders said:

What is the ultimate consequence? Some negativity from the press for a little bit That will subside once something else pops in their tiny brains? If he is still the coach next year.. and we are progressively getting better.. then the only people who will have wasted their brain space on this issue will be the ones who are crying now. Hey.. they need their clout. That’s really all they want. 

The ultimate consequence should be the same for every employee. whether a groundskeeper or a 5 million a year coach. Not really my business to determine what that is as I don't agree with vaccine mandates for every field. I'm only stating that the University has the right to set the expectation and penalize those that disregard it. Harsin a has a right to follow the policy or accept the consequence of whatever is applied. By choosing to be vague and or not comply he is putting self before team and program.

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's how I think of them. The puncture you get after you got punctured. 

After hurricane Michael Red Cross was giving pre puncture tetanus shots at Mexico Beach. Cleaning up meant a puncture wound. Also giving hepatitis shots. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Holy ******* simp Batman. Virtue signal some more for the people in the back who didn hear you. 

You're really calling someone who thinks Healthcare professionals were heroes for working during the pandemic a simp? It's amazing how stupid some of you people are. Guess you can call me a simp as well because the heroes during all the last year and a half are the healthcare workers, not some stupid ass football coach.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, shabby said:

The ultimate consequence should be the same for every employee. whether a groundskeeper or a 5 million a year coach. Not really my business to determine what that is as I don't agree with vaccine mandates for every field. I'm only stating that the University has the right to set the expectation and penalize those that disregard it. Harsin a has a right to follow the policy or accept the consequence of whatever is applied. By choosing to be vague and or not comply he is putting self before team and program.

I am talking about the consequence of not giving the media what they want. 

There is no piece of evidence that says Harsin is not complying. The only thing we know at this point is that Harsin will not cave to the media gremlins.

42 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i have lost eleven friends so far. one more is in the hospital and was just placed on the ventilator on top of battling high blood pressure. i live in a very small town that is shrinking every single day. so to me it is alarming. for the record i understand some of it. a lot of folks will not take the vax because of an article out there claiming 450 000 americans have died from the shot. they say it contains aborted fetuses. it makes metal stick to your skin. they are sticking the mark of the beast in the shot and on and on and on. yes i do not understand that kind of crap.

None of those are mainstream criticisms to the vaccine except the fetal cell angle. I don't know if it is or is not true and honestly it doesn't matter to me either way but I know that does matter to others. The fact that it becomes more difficult by the day to discern what is and is not true as reported in our media is another thread entirely. There are several outright lizard people level conspiracy theories in your post that barely get play anywhere except for known troll (4Chan) or conspiracy sites (Natural News). Are there gullible idiots who believe these things? Yes, you can get a few people to believe anything. Do they comprise any significant number of the people who are against mandating the vaccine? No way. I know at least three people who have been sent to the hospital because of reactions to the vaccine. This is why many people in low risk groups such as myself who have natural immunity have no desire to get the shot and are utterly repulsed at the federal government for thinking it has this power over us with no room for nuance or negotiation. For people who have been ostensibly following "the science" they sure are afraid of digesting new and useful information. We are one of the only countries in the world that just flat out ignores covid recovereds and nobody in our government will answer why that is.

I'm sorry you've lost so many people. That sucks and I feel for you. I really do. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Do people forget that Harsin actually had experts come in and educate the team about the vaccine? I highly doubt an anti vaxxer would do that. He has also said himself he’s not anti vax (which was also nobodies business in the first place). 

I think some fans care more about what the media says than Harsin and his players do. And that’s all I’m gonna say about this. 

And it could be that Harsin is mum on the vaccine to support those on the team that are not vaxed for whatever their reason may be.  Honestly, I want someone who is going to stick up for our guys.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Tetanus was developed in 1924, with 100 years of data behind it.  

58 minutes ago, casatiger said:

So now you're shifting your argument from "vaccines give immunity 100% and forever"

OK