MSU Kickoff at 11 AM

Brad_ATX

23 minutes ago, tsande07 said:

Also not great for West Coast viewers...

Are you kidding?  If I lived out there, I'd love it.  Game is over in time to still play 18 holes of golf!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

As a fan who goes to the game- I hate the 11 AM kickoffs- have to leave at the crack of dawn to get to Auburn and the traffic is always awful for the early kicks. Also the atmosphere is usually blah with people still trying to get into the stadium after kickoff. Nothing to like about these games if you are a fan attending the game!

• Like 1

Probably according to SEC contract, Vandy has to have at least one game on Saturday night on the ESPN network during the year...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Are you kidding?  If I lived out there, I'd love it.  Game is over in time to still play 18 holes of golf!

Sorry, not a morning person, lol. You do you, though. :sleeping:

• Like 1

I used to love morning games because I hated waiting. Now I just pray that they don't conflict with some sort of obligation to my wife or children. Doesn't really matter otherwise. But I certainly understand the frustrations and preferences associated with every time slot. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tsande07 said:

Sorry, not a morning person, lol. You do you, though. :sleeping:

The game is at 11. Hahaha . My bad see you are on the west coast. I must be a different breed. My internal clock always get me up at 5ish AM

Edited by DAG

22 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Well as someone watching at home, 11 am is awesome.  Game is over by 2:30 and I get the rest of the day to relax.

Unless we loose. Then the remaining evening games are not much fun. Late game loss means have another beer and pass out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Unless we loose. Then the remaining evening games are not much fun. Late game loss means have another beer and pass out.

I don't take this nearly as seriously as I used to.  Late games are still fun for me, especially with some side action on them.

11 hours ago, BaconCPA said:

This will be my first ever game (and bringing along two kids under 10). Can someone help me with a general game day schedule and what the can't miss things are for the kids?

@abw0004 got you

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, BaconCPA said:

This will be my first ever game (and bringing along two kids under 10). Can someone help me with a general game day schedule and what the can't miss things are for the kids?

I am happy to help!

Personally, I would suggest to be in the stadium no later than one hour before kick-off.  The game is at 12:00 PM Eastern so I am there by 11:00 AM Eastern.  This may be too early for some, but this way you can grab some food and watch the players warm up.  You won't get bored as they will show games on the jumbotron.

The player introductions are about 30 minutes before kick-off followed by the Eagle flying the field and our marching band!  I would bring cash so you can rent seat-backs if your seat does not have them.  They are life-savers!  The kids would enjoy having shakers as well.  We like to use them a lot during the game.

Tiger Walk is typically two hours before kickoff in-between the stadium and the old coliseum.  

• Thanks 2

On 11/3/2021 at 9:12 AM, abw0004 said:

I am happy to help!

Personally, I would suggest to be in the stadium no later than one hour before kick-off.  The game is at 12:00 PM Eastern so I am there by 11:00 AM Eastern.  This may be too early for some, but this way you can grab some food and watch the players warm up.  You won't get bored as they will show games on the jumbotron.

The player introductions are about 30 minutes before kick-off followed by the Eagle flying the field and our marching band!  I would bring cash so you can rent seat-backs if your seat does not have them.  They are life-savers!  The kids would enjoy having shakers as well.  We like to use them a lot during the game.

Tiger Walk is typically two hours before kickoff in-between the stadium and the old coliseum.  

I appreciate it @abw0004  we’re heading down Friday night for the basketball game too so will make sure to be up early to take in the Tiger Walk before the game. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BaconCPA said:

I appreciate it @abw0004  we’re heading down Friday night for the basketball game too so will make sure to be up early to take in the Tiger Walk before the game. 

Go early to Toomer's Corner and get some lemonade!  And bring some toilet paper rolls with you so your kids can roll Toomer's Corner!

26 minutes ago, homersapien said:

When did the term "mind numbingly" become offensive?   :dunno:

Serious question.

It connotes something that is extremely boring, not someone who is mentally challenged.

Turns out that the original term was the hard R, and mind numbingly replaced it. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BaconCPA said:

Stick around after Tiger Walk..  The band plays a Four Corners pep rally with the cheer leaders and Aubie prior to entering JHS at the corner of Donahue and Heisman.  It's pretty cool up close look at everyone and not nearly as crowded as Tiger Walk.  My kids loved it. With young kids, being in JHS  an hour early might be a struggle.  The Eagle usually flies 20 min before kickoff.  Don't miss that!!!

Assuming we win, gotta roll Toomers! That's always fun.

Have a great weekend.  Will be looking for you on the boob tube.  Don't forget your "Hi Gooey!" signs.

• Like 1

Can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning.  I don’t mind 11am kickoffs.  If you’re in Auburn then you can go downtown and eat and have some fun and still be home at a decent hour.  Traffic usually isn’t as big an issue leaving since you can stretch it out over the course of the day.  Coming into town I’d use waze or some other app to bypass as much traffic as possible and know where you are going to park before you leave in the morning.  Most traffic is from people not knowing where to go once they get there.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Turns out that the original term was the hard R, and mind numbingly replaced it. 

I've always heard used/Hard R for a much different word. 

This one started with an R