Anyone hearing

Swamp Eagle

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And it appears the Bo crowd is gonna be rather indignant and make a lot of posts completely lacking support of the QB whom might be starting this weekend. 

Kinda weird

I'll support whoever is out there.  I'm just giving fair warning to the folks that think one guy is the source of our issues on that side of the ball.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'll support whoever is out there.  I'm just giving fair warning to the folks that think one guy is the source of our issues on that side of the ball.

So essentially you want to play both sides of the fence. 

The nearly giddy I told you so attitude before a guy takes his first snap seems odd

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

i hate that one thread got deleted cus i had a couple of funny lines in it...............

Anyone suggesting or thinking the medical staff possibly mishandled what may have happened needs to pump the brakes. Did not would not happen, period. That position has been held since 1993 for a good reason. We have the best in the SEC, if not best in the country.

Despite whatever was reported, Sean White hid the severity of his injury initially. He didn't want to come out, but was yanked after throwing a duck & it became clearer something wasn't right. Kid had pins put in that night. It was the Sugar Bowl vs Oklahoma.

Unless it's a compound, there is no flashing sign that says 'pull this kid out'.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So essentially you want to play both sides of the fence. 

The nearly giddy I told you so attitude before a guy takes his first snap seems odd

I think you are reading too much into what he posted, I don't think he is giddy. What he is saying is it's not on one person what is going on. We are not good on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And it appears the Bo crowd is gonna be rather indignant and make a lot of posts completely lacking support of the QB whom might be starting this weekend. 

Kinda weird

Absolutely. Guess we'll see how the rules are enforced

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

When Bo threw the long completed pass near the end of the 1st half, the TV announcers said he went down hard and was limping. The next two passes were too high and one was behind the receiver.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When Bo got pulled against GA State was anyone screaming that shouldn't have happened and how dare they?  If he stays in that game do you think we win it?

I'm not saying they should have pulled Bo because of his play Sat but rather he looked injured.  And if he's injured (broken or not he was very limited on mobility and obvious his mobility wasn't coming back on Sat) that takes away about half of Bobo's playbook for him. 

Is an injured Bo really better then a healthy TJ?  I guess we got our answer Sat.

Edited by AUfan_UAgrad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

When Bo threw the long completed pass near the end of the 1st half, the TV announcers said he went down hard and was limping. The next two passes were too high and one was behind the receiver.

He also couldn't move very well, had obvious pain, went inside the medical tent twice but Bobo still called TWO rollouts in the following quarters. After the first one even the announcers made mention that Bo couldn't move well enough on the rollout.

4 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

He also couldn't move very well, had obvious pain, went inside the medical tent twice but Bobo still called TWO rollouts in the following quarters. After the first one even the announcers made mention that Bo couldn't move well enough on the rollout.

This! Surely there is some communication between Bobo and the sidelines for him to know that rollouts with Bo were not good play calls! We could see that from the stands!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wde21 said:

This! Surely there is some communication between Bobo and the sidelines for him to know that rollouts with Bo were not good play calls! We could see that from the stands!

Yup, that is what pisses me off the most. I get that not everyone feels like I do about an injured player gutting it out through the pain. If this was the NFL where they had contracts paying them millions, then yeah go ahead and do that.This is college, though, and no one on Auburn is getting paid millions to but their bodies on the line.

These kids put their trust in the staff to help them make smart decisions and to have their best interest at heart. You then have your OC call two plays (1 of which was the crucial 2 point conversion) that not only limits your ability but could also further aggravate the injury. I just don't have enough words to express my displeasure and anger at that. Shame on Bobo for calling those plays, Shame on Harsin for allowing it, and shame on anyone else who is okay with it.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed
33 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Especially when that guy if you include the backwards pass in his stats would have had over 400 yards, 2 TDs and 0 TOS….  Get rid of that loser 🙄

19 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

And yet Bo still got us to the redzone despite a broken ankle (even 1yd) line and then we scored a TD. Somehow people never mention the good things he can do for us.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Especially when that guy if you include the backwards pass in his stats would have had over 400 yards, 2 TDs and 0 TOS….  Get rid of that loser 🙄

Nobody is saying that in this thread or in the game thread. Bo Nix wasn't the problem in the loss. He played great in the first half and then got injured. That's when he started missing throws and struggling to move the offense because State knew he was hurt.

What people are saying is that an INJURED Bo Nix shouldn't have been trotted out there over a HEALTHY backup QB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Yup, that is what pisses me off the most. I get that not everyone feels like I do about an injured player gutting it out through the pain. If this was the NFL where they had contracts paying them millions, then yeah go ahead and do that.This is college, though, and no one on Auburn is getting paid millions to but their bodies on the line.

These kids put their trust in the staff to help them make smart decisions and to have their best interest at heart. You then have your OC call two plays (1 of which was the crucial 2 point conversion) that not only limits your ability but could also further aggravate the injury. I just don't have enough words to express my displeasure and anger at that. Shame on Bobo for calling those plays, Shame on Harsin for allowing it, and shame on anyone else who is okay with it.

Ole Miss ran their hurt QB against us multiple times after he couldn’t walk off the field. Shame on them 😂. These kids aren’t made of glass. They are tough competitors and play through limps their entire careers. I’d be far more concerned if we had a mentality of not playing because something that can be played through hurts a little. Especially at QB. Go find the video of Jay Cutler going back in the game to win it with a dislocated shoulder. That’s the players you want in there. Every coach in the country plays banged up QBs as long as they can still go. No shame on this staff for doing what all of football everywhere does. 

Guest MustardSeed
5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nobody is saying that in this thread or in the game thread. Bo Nix wasn't the problem in the loss. He played great in the first half and then got injured. That's when he started missing throws and struggling to move the offense because State knew he was hurt.

What people are saying is that an INJURED Bo Nix shouldn't have been trotted out there over a HEALTHY backup QB.

Should an injured Ole Miss QB have been trotted out over their backup?  The answer is actually simple. If they still believe he’s the better option and is able to still play then he plays. It’s the same decision all coaches everywhere usually make. I’ll go with the opinion of hundreds of coaches who do the same thing over blaming them for so called bad decisions but that’s just me. 

5 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Ole Miss ran their hurt QB against us multiple times after he couldn’t walk off the field. Shame on them 😂. These kids aren’t made of glass. They are tough competitors and play through limps their entire careers. I’d be far more concerned if we had a mentality of not playing because something that can be played through hurts a little. Especially at QB. Go find the video of Jay Cutler going back in the game to win it with a dislocated shoulder. That’s the players you want in there. Every coach in the country plays banged up QBs as long as they can still go. No shame on this staff for doing what all of football everywhere does. 

And? I don't give a crap what another team does. I do care about what Auburn does. Lets keep praising players for putting their bodies on the line for nothing. Football isn't everything and especially not in college. I bet you would feel real different if Bo had a sprain and then playing him, rolling him out in the pocket, and not designing plays that work with his injury caused that sprain to become a break or something even worse.

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Should an injured Ole Miss QB have been trotted out over their backup?  The answer is actually simple. If they still believe he’s the better option and is able to still play then he plays. It’s the same decision all coaches everywhere usually make. I’ll go with the opinion of hundreds of coaches who do the same thing over blaming them for so called bad decisions but that’s just me. 

I'll spell it out for you to make it easier since you can't read my other posts in this thread.

N-O!

Injured players shouldn't feel the need to "tough it out". If the player is injured and it's clearly affecting his performance on the filed, you bench him for the healthy player. That's why you recruit multiple players for the position.

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Yes and how did that turn out for Ole Miss?  About the same as us on Sat.  I think the point is Bo's injury was early enough in the game where it was obvious he was not going to be good enough to bring us back.  But yes we all want the heart of a lion at QB who can play through the pain but I think to most it was obvious Bo was in too much pain to be effective. 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Correction. It was Stafford not Cutler

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rvIwyikbRU

Cool. How much money was he making to put his body on the line? Oh, right an easy $12 Million. You don't think that there's a difference between a pro who makes that money every year and a college kid who makes pennies compared to that?

16 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

If they don't say everybody is bashing and hating Bo then you wouldn't have stuff to talk about.

I was in the game thread and stayed a bit after, there was one guy who made a dumb comment about Bo and it got blown into a big world against Bo fight.

It's done to a point where people disrespect other players to stand up for Bo. It is the dumbest stuff. It literally seemed like glee when tj fumbled. It's to a point they don't even see the hypocrisy of protecting go to a point where they are happy that another guy struggles or whatever

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If they don't say everybody is bashing and hating Bo then you wouldn't have stuff to talk about.

I was in the game thread and stayed a bit after, there was one guy who made a dumb comment about Bo and it got blown into a big world against Bo fight.

It's done to a point where people disrespect other players to stand up for Bo. It is the dumbest stuff. It literally seemed like glee when tj fumbled. It's to a point they don't even see the hypocrisy of protecting go to a point where they are happy that another guy struggles or whatever

They were so happy they wet their undies when the fumble happened. Never seen so many people post the same thing so fast. Obviously no one wants Bo hurt but he did get hurt and it shouldn't have taken until the last drive of the game before we saw a change. Everyone in the damn building could see that Bo was hurt and in pain.

And then they kept putting him out there behind a line that couldn't block anyone. Take away his mobility and ability to escape pressure and it was downhill from there. I don't blame that on Bo. I blame it on the coaches for allowing it to go on.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 2

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's just so weird. I was the biggest Bo supporter before before season and thinking we'd see a lot of improvement and he'd be the surefire starter...BUT I could still see TJ had talent and believed he'd be good in the future. 

If that future us now then let's effing go. IDK why anyone would be so tied to a player to start with the "I told you so" before he even gets reps with the 1s and had a gameplan created for him.

I didn't see ppl doing this when Trox or Council were replaced. Or when our back up safeties came in due to injury. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Sad 1