Next Man Up: Big Uno Edition

RunInRed

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

He played in Jordan-Hare for LSU just last year.  Not his first rodeo.

Ah but that wasn’t a full crowd.  I am talking about a packed stadium.  Auburn was at 25% capacity.  

I'll be in Columbia Sat. So if things go bad I'll step in for CBH and CDM as well as take over at QB and bring home a win. 

Seriously, we will win this. SC embarrassed us last year and many players on this team remember. Also, I guarantee all of out players are pissed about last weekend. We win big.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I'll be in Columbia Sat. So if things go bad I'll step in for CBH and CDM as well as take over at QB and bring home a win. 

Seriously, we will win this. SC embarrassed us last year and many players on this team remember. Also, I guarantee all of out players are pissed about last weekend. We win big.

I doubt we lose, but shouldn’t the being pissed part apply to this previous game? We came out pissed and coaching besieged them 

I pray that the players get coaching that matches their effort in Columbia 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Now TJ knows he is the man behind center. He knows he's not going to be pulled unless he gets hurt. Maybe, just maybe this will take some of the pressure off of him

Or it’ll do the exact opposite.

Exhibit A: Jeremy Johnson 

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Ah but that wasn’t a full crowd.  I am talking about a packed stadium.  Auburn was at 25% capacity.  

Have you seen how many tickets are available Saturday?  Its gonna be empty by SEC standards.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The situation definitely isn’t what I wanted, but I’m glad we’ll get a concrete answer on what this guy can be going into next season 

If he’s not it, then so be it. If he is, great

I still don't think we'll find anything out, play decent or ok against South c get beat by bammer......we're still in the same spot

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I still don't think we'll find anything out, play decent or ok against South c get beat by bammer......we're still in the same spot

That is because you are using logic. One game, even two is not nearly enough to describe whether this guy can play or not. Especially within the context of our season. Hopefully people stay grounded with the results.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think he'll ever play a meaningful snap for Auburn 

Well, he is the 2nd team QB now. He could play Saturday or against bama. You never know. 

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We'll probably get a bowl game too.  I think we'll have a decent idea what he's capable of, but it's not his ceiling and he'll improve a lot.  I don't think he's anywhere near a finished product or remotely polished.  Even if we see some spotty play, that doesn't mean he can't be a really good QB in '23.  Hopefully ppl don't immediately write him off if he's hit or miss.

Bo has been up and down all year, lots of good and equal bad.  He was improving (no where near close to finished product) with good coaching.  Finely will continue to do the same and these 3 games will be really valuable to his development.

No matter what I see these next 2 or 3 games I think Finely has a big future ahead for him in O&B

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

If you think Bo got happy feet quickly when his O line didnt play well, wait til you see why corndogs called TJ "chuck & duck". Brahms & co. need to step up or we're in for some frustrating games. 

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, woodford said:

I’m all for coaches playing it close to the best and not giving anything away to the opponent but this is a total lie lol they have 100% talked about DD because they need a 2nd or 3rd option if things go south. 

U have no clue if he’s lying. 

there is another Qb in the pecking order in Loye. So it’s possible that they really haven’t discussed DD. 

there is no valid reason for him to try to deny they have not talked about DD. 

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I doubt we lose, but shouldn’t the being pissed part apply to this previous game? We came out pissed and coaching besieged them 

I pray that the players get coaching that matches their effort in Columbia 

1st qtr we kinda did and then .....

13 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

and williams brice can get loud

william brice sounds like the name of an insane asylum...am i right?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

If you think Bo got happy feet quickly when his O line didnt play well, wait til you see why corndogs called TJ "chuck & duck". Brahms & co. need to step up or we're in for some frustrating games. 

Bo Nix improved drastically in 10 months with the new coaching staff.  I'd be shocked if we haven't seen any improvement in a 2nd year player.  He did have a tendency to throw picks and that carried forward in the spring at LSU.

12 hours ago, steeleagle said:

there is another Qb in the pecking order in Loye

If DD isn't better than Loye, I doubt he'll step on the field with a P5 team. I hope he is better than that, and if Loye sees the field for any reason other than mop up duty as a reward for being on the team, my optimism about Harsin will be close to rock bottom.

Guest MustardSeed
15 hours ago, cole256 said:

Let's be real it's not like Bo was going to beatbammer either. We are where we are

He already has once and is a good bit better now than he was then and their defense then was light years ahead of where it is now  so….

Edited by MustardSeed

18 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He already has once and is a good bit better now than he was then and their defense then was light years ahead of where it is now  so….

No this team wasn't beating bammer just like we couldn't beat uga. Bo isn't beating a team by himself. He didn't beat them them by himself. He had other guys and this year his other guys aren't as good as they were then. 

Maybe Bo will get there one day I don't know, but right now Bo is good when everything around him is good, but he's not put the team on his back good. We just lost miss st.  All a team has to do is stop our run and we're done. 

We're basically the Cleveland Browns and Baker is a great example as how Bo operates as well

• Like 4

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, cole256 said:

We just lost miss st. 

Dude literally was playing on a broken ankle. Not a relevant game for his current ability…and he still (if you include the backwards pass) had over 425 yards passing. No he’s not going to beat bama by himself, but no one in the country is gonna beat bama by themselves so it’s a moot point. Valid point on the team around him but that’s not on him. The 2019 offense only averaged 3 more points per game than this year. So it’s reasonable to believe that with Bo we had a solid chance to win the game. Without him who knows.  Hopefully TJ lights the world on fire. 

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Dude literally was playing on a broken ankle. Not a relevant game for his current ability…and he still (if you include the backwards pass) had over 425 yards passing. No he’s not going to beat bama by himself, but no one in the country is gonna beat bama by themselves so it’s a moot point. Valid point on the team around him but that’s not on him. The 2019 offense only averaged 3 more points per game than this year. So it’s reasonable to believe that with Bo we had a solid chance to win the game. Without him who knows.  Hopefully TJ lights the world on fire. 

I don't care about a broken ankle. Sometimes it get so focused on taking up for him that it turns into arguments about him that nobody wants.  I'm not talking about an individual game about Bo. Bo functions when everything is going to be perfect for him. Has to have a bunch of time, not only time but a perfect pocket because if it starts to look bad he'll run, needs wr to create a bunch of separation, needs a productive run game, needs to stay out of 3rd and longs and all of that. 

Nobody can argue that these things make it easier and effects all QB's. Thing is it's football and only maybe 3 guys get this consistently. The best QB's are said to be the best because when they aren't getting those things consistently they still play well. 

Like Baker when he has those things he is good, and he leads the team to victory. When he doesn't have that he's like 0-16. It's good. Better than most actually. 

We're a team first year in a new offense and defense. We didn't have any experience with wr's or d line. O line is average. Things aren't going to be perfect. Just NEVER was going to happen. 

But if you want to say we were going to beat bammer ok. I'm saying what I've always said before the season started and it turns out so far that's how it's played out. We are better than the vandy 's and arky's. We aren't as good as the bammer's and uga 's we're right there with Texas a&m and LSU. Teams that has us beat in talent we aren't beating them right now. First year of the process. We're building up to that.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No this team wasn't beating bammer just like we couldn't beat uga. Bo isn't beating a team by himself. He didn't beat them them by himself. He had other guys and this year his other guys aren't as good as they were then. 

Maybe Bo will get there one day I don't know, but right now Bo is good when everything around him is good, but he's not put the team on his back good. We just lost miss st.  All a team has to do is stop our run and we're done. 

We're basically the Cleveland Browns and Baker is a great example as how Bo operates as well

I wouldn't bet against us beating them, but they are probably their "weakest" team and more beatable than they have been recently.  They've got issues in a lot of places...tiny hope deep down we got good home Bo against their meh defense and caught some luck.

TJ lights it up this week and I'm just going to start talking myself into it even more.  Ha

• Like 1