Next Man Up: Big Uno Edition

RunInRed

This game will be the first game TJ has played in front of an opposing team's crowd (other than the series at LSU).  I would like to see how he performs with this new dynamic.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Bo is actually pretty good at diagnosing it pre snap.  But that doesn't mean he always makes the right decision when under pressure or if a WR isn't where he's expected to be, etc.

Also, saying Bo is better than TJ at it right now isn't necessarily the same thing as saying Bo is great at it.  Bo might just be "pretty good" in grand scheme of things at this aspect, but still better than the other options on the bench.

Yeah, experience is almost always going to be helpful.  It's just not necessarily a cure-all.  And it's especially difficult to measure when there are so many other deficiencies on the offensive side of the ball.

I guess there's no way to know really but I know Bo had problems identifying blitzers and things like that. I don't think anybody has seen enough of tj to know what he's good or bad at. To me the only thing you can really take away from him is he's calm and his team love him. 

I feel like Bo himself improved as he got more experience in this offense and as he became more comfortable things slowed down for him and he started playing better. I think the fact that even he needed that and he was a previous 2 year starter that shows how important it is. 

Edited by cole256

Well, like I've said, I hope it works out.  I have my doubts because I don't think Bobo and Harsin are people with a track record of not recognizing what matters when it comes to QB play or being unable to recognize when one QB is clearly better than the other.  In other words, I don't think they were playing Bo over TJ for any reason other than based on all the evidence in front of their eyes in practice, film study, drills, and games that he was the one who gave us the best chance to win, all things considered.  Hopefully TJ will step into this and show them and us that he's ready to be the guy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This game will be the first game TJ has played in front of an opposing team's crowd (other than the series at LSU).  I would like to see how he performs with this new dynamic.

Fortunately it's against S. Carolina whom he lit up in 2020 at LSU. 

• Like 1

I believe he had the same issue at LSU, which was why he was beaten out for the starting job there.

I'm sure experience helps.  But some guys get experience and get significantly better at it, and some don't.  I don't know which one TJ will be yet.  Just trying to give my take on what you gain vs what you lose going from Bo to TJ right now with two games left in the season.

he was a true freshman, lol.  Of course he had issues.

If anyone was wondering about DD

Harsin on playing Davis at QB: "We haven't had those conversations."

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

he was a true freshman, lol.  Of course he had issues.

True, all freshmen are going to have those issues.  Some freshmen have them worse than others.  The guy that ended up replacing him (Max Johnson) was a freshman too.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

He played in Jordan-Hare for LSU just last year.  Not his first rodeo.

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hope I'm wrong, but I have felt for a while that he is going to get run off. Sucks, but can't blame either party if it happens. He can play every game here on out and still get the redshirt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m betting they are better now than in 2020.

Not much better. After rolling the Gators last weekend they lost to Missouri this past weekend. 

2 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not much better. After rolling the Gators last weekend they lost to Missouri this past weekend. 

Missouri is better than last year too IMO.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Missouri is better than last year too IMO.

Not much....

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The only 2 teams that I don’t think are better than last year are Vandy and Bama.

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I’m all for coaches playing it close to the best and not giving anything away to the opponent but this is a total lie lol they have 100% talked about DD because they need a 2nd or 3rd option if things go south. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

Hope I'm wrong, but I have felt for a while that he is going to get run off. Sucks, but can't blame either party if it happens. He can play every game here on out and still get the redshirt

I can only assume that he's much much farther away from being an SEC QB than what most fans imagine or hope for him to be.  We'll have to be patient on his development as well I suppose.   

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Earlier in the year Jay Tate talked a little about DD not giving his best effort in practice.

I’ve heard that he’s too much of a wild card.  He probably does what most young dual threat Qbs do which is take off before he goes through his progressions.  He would have been perfect for Gus’s offense but not so much Bono’s and Harsin.

• Like 1

As far as USCe goes I wouldn’t beat my chest about beating Florida or losing to Missouri.  I don’t know what is going on at Florida but that FSU game will be fun to watch.  Mizzou is not a good team and they beat USCe.  I’m not sure Auburn will be a good team Saturday night but it won’t be because anything USCe is doing.

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I don't think he'll ever play a meaningful snap for Auburn 

The guy that ended up replacing him (Max Johnson) was a freshman too.

And did just about the same. Wasn't good.

I guess we can label TT a TJ Hater, right?