Next Man Up: Big Uno Edition

RunInRed

I'm probably in the minority here but ... I'm looking forward to this game.  I'm anxious to see how the TEAM responds to the recent adversity.  These kind of things can light a fire under everybody to focus & do more because their backs are up against the wall.  Also, the coaching staff is on trial as well -- how well have the backups been prepared?  TJ coming in as backup QB is different because he has a whole week of preparation knowing he's the starter rather than just being a 4Q  insertion in a desperate situation.    

• Like 6

Guest MustardSeed
29 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't care about a broken ankle. Sometimes it get so focused on taking up for him that it turns into arguments about him that nobody wants.  I'm not talking about an individual game about Bo. Bo functions when everything is going to be perfect for him. Has to have a bunch of time, not only time but a perfect pocket because if it starts to look bad he'll run, needs wr to create a bunch of separation, needs a productive run game, needs to stay out of 3rd and longs and all of that. 

Nobody can argue that these things make it easier and effects all QB's. Thing is it's football and only maybe 3 guys get this consistently. The best QB's are said to be the best because when they aren't getting those things consistently they still play well. 

Like Baker when he has those things he is good, and he leads the team to victory. When he doesn't have that he's like 0-16. It's good. Better than most actually. 

We're a team first year in a new offense and defense. We didn't have any experience with wr's or d line. O line is average. Things aren't going to be perfect. Just NEVER was going to happen. 

But if you want to say we were going to beat bammer ok. I'm saying what I've always said before the season started and it turns out so far that's how it's played out. We are better than the vandy 's and arky's. We aren't as good as the bammer's and uga 's we're right there with Texas a&m and LSU. Teams that has us beat in talent we aren't beating them right now. First year of the process. We're building up to that.

Your statement was Bo wasn’t going to beat bama. I was just responding to that with the evidence that he could and has.  No need to make it more than that. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No this team wasn't beating bammer just like we couldn't beat uga. Bo isn't beating a team by himself. He didn't beat them them by himself. He had other guys and this year his other guys aren't as good as they were then. 

Maybe Bo will get there one day I don't know, but right now Bo is good when everything around him is good, but he's not put the team on his back good. We just lost miss st.  All a team has to do is stop our run and we're done. 

We're basically the Cleveland Browns and Baker is a great example as how Bo operates as well

If you really thought it was the team that couldn’t beat Bama this year probably would not have gotten push back if you said Auburn but instead you said Bo wasn’t. That pretty much singled him out.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Your statement was Bo wasn’t going to beat bama. I was just responding to that with the evidence that he could and has.  No need to make it more than that. 

What I don't get is how posters sometimes speak like ONE individual is going or has beat another team when such is NEVER the case. It's a team sport so it takes every player to beat another team.

17 minutes ago, creed said:

What I don't get is how posters sometimes speak like ONE individual is going or has beat another team when such is NEVER the case. It's a team sport so it takes every player to beat another team.

I don’t think it was Mustardseed that originally called out a single player

22 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I’ve heard that he’s too much of a wild card.  He probably does what most young dual threat Qbs do which is take off before he goes through his progressions.  He would have been perfect for Gus’s offense but not so much Bono’s and Harsin.

bono meme.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If you really thought it was the team that couldn’t beat Bama this year probably would not have gotten push back if you said Auburn but instead you said Bo wasn’t. That pretty much singled him out.

I said Bo because he's the guy hurt and he's the guy not playing so I say Bo because he wasn't going to win either. That doesn't work saying Auburn

24 minutes ago, creed said:

I don't know if you are talking about me or not, but if you are I'm specifically talking about how certain guys operate at different levels with talent levels around them.

Like basketball for instance nobody wins by themselves in that either but with that being said some guys carry more and other guys get carried more. And that's what I'm talking about

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I said Bo because he's the guy hurt and he's the guy not playing so I say Bo because he wasn't going to win either. That doesn't work saying Auburn

I believe I fully understood your intent. Thx for the extra explanation.

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think it was Mustardseed that originally called out a single player

Nobody called out anybody, but you seemed to missed the part of it being said Bo has already beat them......that's talking as if a single player beat everybody so that means in theory it's the same thing just giving praise instead

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Nobody called out anybody, but you seemed to missed the part of it being said Bo has already beat them......that's talking as if a single player beat everybody so that means in theory it's the same thing just giving praise instead

Thx for showing me but I didn’t miss it. I believe I got the intent of his post also.

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

I simply provided context in what I was saying with evidence. I didn't make anything more than anything. I spoke my though just like you. It's a conversation

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Thx for showing me but I didn’t miss it. I believe I got the intent of his post also.

Ok. Thx, you just didn't say anything about that and you didn't offer an opinion to it

3 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

I'm probably in the minority here but ... I'm looking forward to this game.  I'm anxious to see how the TEAM responds to the recent adversity.  These kind of things can light a fire under everybody to focus & do more because their backs are up against the wall.  Also, the coaching staff is on trial as well -- how well have the backups been prepared?  TJ coming in as backup QB is different because he has a whole week of preparation knowing he's the starter rather than just being a 4Q  insertion in a desperate situation.    

Derek Mason should be coaching these next 2 games like his job is on the line because it should be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, woodford said:

Derek Mason should be coaching these next 2 games like his job is on the line because it should be. 

Agree. But I don’t think he can change scheme or defense at this point, so....

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, woodford said:

He might be in trouble

Edit: let's go TJ time to eat!

Edited by jAUSon

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, creed said:

5 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

No he’s not going to beat bama by himself, but no one in the country is gonna beat bama by themselves so it’s a moot point. 

Guest MustardSeed
3 hours ago, cole256 said:

No it wasn’t. I literally pointed out that no one is beating bama by themselves. 😂

55 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

No it wasn’t. I literally pointed out that no one is beating bama by themselves. 😂

😂 let's just drop it . Too much confusion

• Haha 1

I just don’t think our Oline holds their blocks long enough for TJ to do what he’s supposedly good at. That was one of the things Bo did excel at. TJ looks like Frankenstein out there when he has to lengthen plays😂

Nothing would make me happier than for our boys to come out and punch Bama in the mouth and play some competitive football, but with the cream of the crop coaching they have there, with that respectable OLine, combined with more-than-adequate WRs and Young’s arm, they are going to pick away the seams of this Auburn zone, and the numbers are going to be unbelievable. I believe this game is going to be very hard to watch. This could be the nail in the coffin for Mason.   Bobo too.  Harsin gonna have a couple of years. Could be 63-0.  I was gonna say 3 but with Anders out…..who knows, though.  Maybe we play with an attitude that we haven’t seen….