SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I have made it clear I'm on board with Harsin. We need to see it through for better or worse and some of y'all seriously need to take a break from this place for y'alls own good.

That being said, let's say Harsin does go to UW. How would the search play out? I don't see any way they'd let AG make another hire. Who would make the hire? Would they fire AG as soon as Harsin left and hire an AD first? Who would the candidates be? My gosh I'm laughing now just thinking about it. This place would be pure comedy 24/7

I don't have enough liquor in the cabinet for another coaching search so soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Never say never.

Sure, Bama is most likely going to beat us into the ground, but they also aren't as good this year as they normally are. They've played close games against multiple 'mediocre' teams this year, and it is at J-H so ...maybe?

No. I am trying to save you from getting your hopes up lol. Bama knows what is at stake with this game.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Even funnier considering people are trying to say South Carolina has as much talent as we do. 😂

In the most key positions, they probably do. Do you think they had an edge with their offensive line?  Was their defense better than hours along the front? I guarantee you, their lines on both sides of the ball, are a good as ours. They might not have had a bunch of stars by their names, when they were recruited, but Daren Bates and Marquez Hunter proves that isn't always right. 

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

Never say never.

Sure, Bama is most likely going to beat us into the ground, but they also aren't as good this year as they normally are. They've played close games against multiple 'mediocre' teams this year, and it is at J-H so ...maybe?

Didn’t bama throw for like 600 today on Arkansas? Arkansas at least has an offense to compete with bama. 

You can't fire Harsin optically, but more importantly, real floor raisers are not in abundance. Kiffin is either going to Miami or staying. and Mario is either going to Miami or staying. Mel Tucker might go to LSU. We also just simply don't seem to interest many of the elite guys (which was my main takeaway from last coaching search)

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

If a healthy Bo plays do we win?

A healthy Bo would have given us a greater chance to win. If Bo played and had a "Good Bo" day, and a Head Coach that did not call the game like he was losing when he was 7 points ahead, Yes maybe....

1 minute ago, EagleEye67 said:

I don't have enough liquor in the cabinet for another coaching search so soon.

At this point I won't even get upset. I'll just kick back and enjoy the cluster frick. Jimmy Rane or Bo Jackson would probably lead the search

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Even funnier considering people are trying to say South Carolina has as much talent as we do. 😂

they do.. not even close, if Muschamp can do 1 thing that is recruit...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

If Gus were coaching us today do we win?

I don't know. However, if we had Bo. We would have won. As inconsistent as Bo has been, Finley is not the answer.

Was at the game.  Told people all day SC would win.

That 4th and 1 call in the first half was the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  You have 3 options:

1) Punt

2) Hand it to Tank

3) Use your 6'7" QB to fall forward for a yard.

Harsin is a dumb ass for going for it and Bobo's play call is even worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, AU North said:

Nothing personal against the PTB, but I would feel much better if we let coach Pearl pick the next football coach.

The PTB didn't pick this one.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You can't fire Harsin optically, but more importantly, real floor raisers are not in abundance. Kiffin is either going to Miami or staying. and Mario is either going to Miami or staying. Mel Tucker might go to LSU. We also just simply don't seem to interest many of the elite guys (which was my main takeaway from last coaching search)

As fans, all we can do is complain and hope that the improvement does come about...sooner than later.

3 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I don't know. However, if we had Bo. We would have won. As inconsistent as Bo has been, Finley is not the answer.

I do believe that was one thing learned from tonite.

2 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Didnt tucker sign some obscene extension?  I dont usually keep up with such things

I just googled “obscene extension gif” to find a funny pic to reply. Oddly enough, none of them were usable…

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

So I am just going to say this right now before we all fight each other and get in the I told you so mess...Auburn is in this because Auburn chooses to play it safe. Period. To be successful in this game, you have to have cut throat mofos. Guys who do not give a damn and will do whatever it takes to win. We tend to look down on those guys but at the end of the day, that is what it is going to take to get to the next level. Family men, guys who are buddies with the players, coaches who look cool running stairs sound and look good, but it isn't producing results. 

Shout out to u bro. For acknowledging the I told u so. I tried to tell u bro. Hopefully, he can still get this fixed but it’s looking bleak 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The good news is it can’t get much worse (maybe). We are pretty far down the standing in the SEC. Although with Gus we’d still be ranked with 6 losses somehow lol 

could be worse... you could leave your wife for a stripper named Pole Assassin and her pet emotional support monkey gets out and bites a kid.... there's lots of... ors but that's pretty bad. 

• Haha 1