Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

12 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think if the general public knew all the big names that have come and gone through Auburn in the past decade being wined and dined for a job, we would all be shocked…and depressed. 

So how good the caliber of coach are we actually capable of getting? We should be able to get someone at least as good as Kiffin or Napier. We are NOT a worse job than Ole freaking Miss.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

So how good the caliber of coach are we actually capable of getting? We should be able to get someone at least as good as Kiffin or Napier.

Bro don't mess up the thread with this lol. You always want to go down a rabbit hole.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, DAG said:

LOL what? I have never said I was going to turn in my Auburn card. I have said already two times over it may absolutely work. But to sit here and say " I should blindly accept that it would work?" No. I have never been that way. I go off objectivity and subjectivity and weigh it out for discussion. If you are at a point where you are find with just blindly accepting it. That is cool, but don't get on people who want to discuss the pros and cons of the potential hire. You aren't even carrying a debatable conversation.

I will go with a pro. During their time together at Boise their offense was rather successful. Well they won a bunch of games. I’m assuming they were not all 3-0. Maybe their concepts mesh well together and Harsin needs guys familiar with what he wants to make it work. It’s all speculative. It might be a disaster. I don’t buy into the guy has to be an ace recruiter. If the product is good kids will come….. I hope

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

To make matters even gloomier, Bama just won another SECC. What else is new. Auburn is such a loser a** football program now. 

image.gif.d1cf185d9a3946a9a0a7b80476f68747.gif

Imagine if we don’t lose to Dickbo Fisher and an unranked Miss St team and an unranked USC 

could’ve been us!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, wcware said:

I will go with a pro. During their time together at Boise their offense was rather successful. Well they won a bunch of games. I’m assuming they were not all 3-0. Maybe their concepts mesh well together and Harsin needs guys familiar with what he wants to make it work. It’s all speculative. It might be a disaster. I don’t buy into the guy has to be an ace recruiter. If the product is good kids will come….. I hope

Thanks for that. From what I've seen all three have worked together well. Let's pray and hope that success in the Mountain West translates to the SEC. However, we now are going to need some adequate talent to get it done.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

What is Cam’s 3rd law?

For every once in a lifetime talent QB that plays at Auburn, there must be another 53 years of misery. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bro don't mess up the thread with this lol. You always want to go down a rabbit hole.

My motivation is simple. We are in a bad place right now. I am trying to hang on to the possibility of reaching a better place in the near future.

Edited by AUwent

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We’re really about to be last place in the division lol 

Good god 

I mean we are second to last right now. At least the fall won’t be too far. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Some are going to try and spin it but we're still going to be running the same offense under Zak Hill. Nothing really changes. Hill will call some different plays than Bobo but the schemes are going to be the same. We're still running Harsin's offense. This is like blaming Chad Morris, Rhett Lashlee, or Chip Lindsay for our offensive problems under Gus when they all ran his offense with just a few different wrinkles and variations from each of them. The offense never really changed no matter who the OC was.

Of course. Harsin is an offensive coach and we are going to run his offense as long as he's the coach. It's not like he's open to completely changing schemes depending on his OC hire. The problem with Bobo was that he is an exclusive pro-style guy and did not mesh as well as hoped with Harsin. Hill and Harsin at least run the same stuff and worked really well together at Boise. That is the pro of this hire. It's definitely not the exciting hire but at least they should be on the same page

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thanks for that. From what I've all three have worked together well. Let's pray and hope that success in the Mountain West translates to the SEC. However, we now are going to need some adequate talent to get it done.

Maybe they go together like peas and carrots…… neither of which I like but that’s irrelevant. I think some philosopher said that.

• Haha 1

Time will tell if this was a good hire or not, but Harsin will have fired his WR coach, his OC and it appears his O-Line coach in a year. It seems some skepticism is fair regarding his hiring of assistants. And the 2 people that hired him here are going to be gone from AU in a matter of months. AU finished 0 for November, 6-6 overall and recruiting to this point is far below average. Matthews said he expects 12-13 transfers before its over. Not saying Harsin can't turn things around, but it seems there are valid concerns about the current  state of AU football.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, CR said:

Time will tell if this was a good hire or not, but Harsin will have fired his WR coach, his OC and it appears his O-Line coach in a year. It seems some skepticism is fair regarding his hiring of assistants. And the 2 people that hired him here are going to be gone from AU in a matter of months. AU finished 0 for November, 6-6 overall and recruiting to this point is far below average. Matthews said he expects 12-13 transfers before its over. Not saying Harsin can't turn things around, but it seems there are valid concerns about the current  state of AU football.

Why exactly is Greene leaving?

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, CR said:

13 transfers??? Can’t wait till people spin this as Auburn pushing out the guys who don’t fit the culture like we did last offseason…Can’t keep on breaking even with the portal and doing horrid in HS recruiting smfh 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

For every once in a lifetime talent QB that plays at Auburn, there must be another 53 years of misery. 

I would definitely like to vote that law out!!

Here comes the part of the process where we collectively start

4 minutes ago, wcware said:

This is the part of the process where little by little, we start rationalizing how this is actually a pretty good hire because of A,B, and C. Never fails. In a week this forum will be talking about how Zak Hill will have Bo sitting in New York next year. The excitement will build up to epic proportions. We will start the season with an impressive looking win, and then proceed to look like bums. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Why exactly is Greene leaving?

Because the Bot doesn't like him and for him trying to take money away from the sports. His contract will not be renewed. 

Just now, au3488 said:

Because the Bot doesn't like him and for him trying to take money away from the sports. His contract will not be renewed. 

"Take money away?" What does that mean? He refuses to invest? If so, good riddance. Hire McKenna whatshername.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

This is the part of the process where little by little, we start rationalizing how this is actually a pretty good hire because of A,B, and C. Never fails. In a week this forum will be talking about how Zak Hill will have Bo sitting in New York next year. The excitement will build up to epic proportions. We will start the season with an impressive looking win, and then proceed to look like bums. Rinse and repeat.

Not me. This is very Gus to Rhett Lashlee IMO. It is not a done deal, but if this is the hire, it won't move me one bit. I guess we will see how this plays out.

• Like 1

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yep pretty much. I'll add that we then fire Harsin and go after a former Assistant coach probably Lashlee after one year at SMU 🤣. In all seriousness though I'm really sorry as coming off as a troll. I really was just trying to pass along info that I know.

• Facepalm 1