Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Just now, woodford said:

Art Briles was cleared. Quit reading Mark Schlabach.

Bless your heart. The NCAA doesn't matter. Their own investigation proved otherwise. There's a reason Art isn't coaching anywhere and even had to resign from a HS gig.

Guy is toxic and will never be hire by another university 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Bozo probably ain’t leaving. We have to get a QB developer. Chris Petersen interested in just being OC?

Bo developed plenty. They did their job there. His last 4 games or so were great

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If Bobo is helping in recruiting then I hope he stays.

If he helps in landing some studs then yes. Until that happens he’s still gonna get hammered on here I think. We’ll see what happens very shortly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

And why this is so difficult for people to understand baffles me. With Nix out it was even more glaring the issues on offense we had mainly in the trenches. Another unpopular opinion but I would not be shocked if this was Nix last season at Auburn also.

A lot of folks starting to say this all of a sudden, and I don't think it's being discussed enough. Are you thinking draft or transfer? I didn't even connect the potential dots of Gabriel leaving UCF until this morning. I hope he's not even considering that. We need him to bridge us one more year because Geriner probably needs a year. Maybe Myles Brennan could be a good one year bridge guy worst case? 

41 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Kevin Kelley from presbyterian 

Or Mullen or Arkansas' oc or anyone for the love of everything holy other than Bobo.

Mullen hates recruiting and also the whole Cam thing. I don’t want him anywhere near our campus ever again. 

• Like 7

Just now, au302 said:

A lot of folks starting to say this all of a sudden, and I don't think it's being discussed enough. Are you thinking draft or transfer? I didn't even connect the potential dots of Gabriel leaving UCF until this morning. I hope he's not even considering that. We need him to bridge us one more year because Geriner probably needs a year. Maybe Myles Brennan could be a good one year bridge guy worst case? 

I’ve been saying for weeks that I believe he is going to test the draft waters. Reason for this is bc this is a very poor draft class for QBs. Most here will argue but end of the day Nix does have decent potential. If he gets lower than a 3rd round grade he very well may transfer. Not sure how many caught his interview before the game yesterday but certainly felt off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

I’ve been saying for weeks that I believe he is going to test the draft waters. Reason for this is bc this is a very poor draft class for QBs. Most here will argue but end of the day Nix does have decent potential. If he gets lower than a 3rd round grade he very well may transfer. Not sure how many caught his interview before the game yesterday but certainly felt off.

I took the interview as him thinking of going pro.   Why leave for another school?   Unless Auburn goes for a portal qb, Nix would be starter next year 

7 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I took the interview as him thinking of going pro.   Why leave for another school?   Unless Auburn goes for a portal qb, Nix would be starter next year 

Ultimately that’s how I took it as well

2 hours ago, AURealist said:

Many teams have found that firing Mike Bobo is, actually, the answer. 

Whatever our other problems, Bobo will never deliver us a great offense.  We should be looking for better.  

I think it says something when, no matter the talent, other SEC teams got better without him. 2021 USC had D3 grad transfers outperforming the results guys led by him put out there. UGA fans balk when you ask them to take him back. To me, he's a version of who we should be looking for, just with a feel for modern offense and modern offensive rhythm. Outside of the Arkansas game, he had none of the latter, and also...we have no ******* read options. We've ran less than 5 read options all year. How is that possible in 2021???

8 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I would rather Bobo just be the QB coach and we hire a good OC to run the offense and call plays.  

This would be a great compromise all around. I could really get behind this. Win-win for all IMO. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I would rather Bobo just be the QB coach and we hire a good OC to run the offense and call plays.  

1.3 Million/yr is a lot to pay for a QB coach

2 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

If he helps in landing some studs then yes. Until that happens he’s still gonna get hammered on here I think. We’ll see what happens very shortly. 

And I get that. We will pretty much have to go undefeated or score 40 and still lose like we did in 2014 for the OC to not get hammered I think. Just how it is. And I will no doubt participate in moments of weakness lol.

11 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

1.3 Million/yr is a lot to pay for a QB coach

It is no doubt, at least he does bring other things to the table. He has HC experience (I know, I know), can develop QB’s, and has quite the recruiting pedigree. Throw in his kid and the other OL from Auburn High and there’s plenty of reasons to keep him onboard under a reassigned position. Just a thought. 

• Like 1