Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

So now we can actually start speculating who the new OC might be!   Can we go ahead and say NO it will not be Bob Stoops, Jon Gruden, Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Mike Ditka or Tom Landry to save a few posts in this thread?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

Someone on another board mentioned Zak Hill currently at Arizona St.  was OC with Harsin at Boise St.  

I'll pass on the 103rd best offense in the country 

Guest MustardSeed
6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So now we can actually start speculating who the new OC might be!   Can we go ahead and say NO it will not be Bob Stoops, Jon Gruden, Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Mike Ditka or Tom Landry to save a few posts in this thread?

It’s Chuck Norris

Anyone said Jon Gruden yet?  QB whisperer?

Someone mentioned the Texas Tech OC was Harsin's guest to the Miss State game?  If so that seems like the pretty clear answer.  Probably sat in a hot tub with him and Allen Greene years ago.

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Bill Walsh.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Peterson 😁 I mean he is just sitting there in Washington right now, he might be up for just being a OC. One could only dream😎.

Don't think the mentor would want to switch roles unless he's just really bored at home.

4 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

It’s Chuck Norris

Could you imagine a coaching staff that included Chuck Norris and Wade Christopher?!?!?!   We would win so many NCs it would change everything….

NCAA would stand for Norris Christopher Association of A__ Whoopin!

We would have the pregame flight of the fire-breathing dragon!

We would be forced to play with 7 players and still win every game by 100 points.  

1 hour ago, woodford said:

G R I M E S

Grimes, Jeff Grimes

Jeff Grimes serves as Baylor's offensive coordinator and tight end coach. He joined Dave Aranda's staff in January 2021. A 28-year coaching veteran, Grimes, who led the BYU offense from 2018-20, was named a finalist for the 2020 Broyles Award as the nation’s top assistant coach.

A native of Garland, Texas, Grimes directed a high-powered offense at BYU in 2020 that finished its season ranked in the top 15 in 10 different statistical categories including scoring (3rd, 43.5 ppg), total offense (7th, 522.2 ypg) and passing offense (8th, 332.1 ppg).

The 2020 Cougars tied for the national lead in yards per play at 7.84, and led all of FBS in plays of 30 or more yards with 45. Overall, BYU scored 40 or more points nine times in 12 games.

Led by All-American offensive lineman Brady Christensen, the BYU offensive line allowed only 12 sacks in 12 games, the eighth-best per game average in the country, and helped the Cougars to the fourth-most rushing touchdowns nationally with 34. Running back Tyler Allgeier rushed for 1,130 yards, the ninth-best total in BYU history and the eighth-best total by a FBS player for the season.  Overall, BYU had four offensive players named to All-America teams in 2020.

In addition to his time as a coordinator, Grimes has extensive experience as one of the country’s top offensive line coaches. Since 2000, 17 offensive linemen that played under Grimes have been selected in the NFL Draft including three first rounders 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, cbo said:

This thread went from premature to ejaculation. 

giphy.gif 

24 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

It's Jeff Grimes or Bust for me....not really...but I really want him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

I'd like someone from the Saban tree if possible

That theme has gone from interesting to absurd - of all the qualifications on Napier's resume, the media only point to his being an "analyst" (!) and brief stint as a WR coach for Saban as career highlights.

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

Don't think the mentor would want to switch roles unless he's just really bored at home.

Oh I know just a really cool pipe dream, but could you imagine if he did. Our offense would be so fun😂

37 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Heard Petrino was looking 

• Haha 1