Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Guest MustardSeed

Not saying this kid is who we need to hire as one year at W Ky and a couple at sisters of the poor doesn’t earn him an SEC OC job…but here are the stats

last year without him at 19 PPG and 114th, this year with him at 41 PPG and 4th

B77A48F5-9B8E-4806-A6CB-CA1BF4A4B0B3.jpeg

94C820A8-3C48-4A23-8097-3D9E1C1700F8.jpeg

16 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Mike Leach never played and I’m aware of that.   If I’m the AD, I would never hire Mike Leach.   Mike Leach is Gus but throws the ball.   Look up his records 

Disrespectful to Gus lol 

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

To expand on my previous post, who would be your definition of a satisfactory hire be if what is highlighted turns out? As coordinator he might be our Jon Gruden, but certainly we could land Dell as HC if no one better. After seeing how Pittman's turned out, I would gladly take the guy if he were the best we could get.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dell-mcgee-georgia-head-coach/

"Other than perhaps Sam Pittman, no Georgia position coach has been more integral to the Bulldogs’ success than McGee."

I’m at a loss of words for McGee having not been brought back to Aub yet. It’s like Tracy Rocker (before whatever occurred last season) times 100

• Like 2

After my twenty minute amateur research on Kittley I'm in. Would be a very exciting hire. Is he ready? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to find out rather than keep hiring retreads

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Believe it is just trolling. 

Ehhh I'm not so sure. Mark Murphy made a post about him out of the blue on 247 earlier today. Him and Jason Caldwell aren't in the business of making stuff up. We could do a lot worse than him and especially if he has any recruiting ability at all. My only worry is Tank may want out if we move to the Air Raid but you can't let that color your decision especially when we're only going to have him for one more year anyway. 

12 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Believe it is just trolling. 

He's being talked about as an actual candidate. How high up the board is to be determined, but it's not trolling.

Interesting if it’s the WKU coach. Wonder if he brings his oline coach? WKU scored some points this season… Not sure if it’s the typical BH type offense though. 

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m at a loss of words for McGee having not been brought back to Aub yet. It’s like Tracy Rocker (before whatever occurred last season) times 100

Took us a while to get Garner back here…many believed it would never happen.  Miracles do happen.

Guest MustardSeed

And an FYI, Zappe followed Kittley from his previous place so he’s been his coach for 4 years. He’s the one that developed him

Guest MustardSeed

If you include d2 games they are actually 2nd in PPG.  Had a freshman catch 66 passes this year breaking their previous record of 37

1 hour ago, AcUmen said:

Is Kittley and air-raid guy?  Can't see Harsin going for that, tbh. 

That’s what Harrell is, an air raid guy.  That’s why I don’t think Hardin would hire him either.

Edited by dilligas

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

ZACH KITTLEY is a new name that is popping up.  He is only 30, but seems to have a ton of potential and has a track record of success as well. He is currently OC at Western Kentucky.  They have the #1 passing offense and #2 overall offense in the country.  He coached under Kliff KIngsbury at Tx Tech.

I saw him mentioned on another board a few days ago. It sounds like he has done a great job at WKU.

https://wkusports.com/staff-directory/zach-kittley/409

“Kittley helped coach NFL MVP and Super Bowl Champion Patrick Mahomes for three years at Texas Tech, and most recently turned Houston Baptist into one of the most prolific passing offenses in college football.”

Edited by PigskinPat

3 minutes ago, dilligas said:

That’s what Harrell is, an air raid guy.  That’s why I don’t think Hardin would hire him either.

Unlike Gus I think Harsin is willing to adjust if it benefits the offense. I imagine a lot of recruits would wanna play for Kittley as well 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guess it’s official. Lol

60F59974-ED00-471D-A6A9-8AC27245DE25.jpeg

Omg he’s from Abilene, Tx. We were stationed there for a few years. Ha. Sorry, totally random when people are actually from there. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Kittley would be almost be a homerun in my book. We’ll call it a bases clearing triple. 

Ehhhhhhhh I'd probably say it's a hard shot that bounces off the warning track for a ground rule double. Not quite the home run, but scores some points and has a guy on second beating his chest saying "let's go!". 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Ehhhhhhhh I'd probably say it's a hard shot that bounces off the warning track for a ground rule double. Not quite the home run, but scores some points and has a guy on second beating his chest saying "let's go!". 

Compared to the pond scum we’ve had calling our plays on offense for the last 7 years, he would be a freaking godsend.