Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Compared to the pond scum we’ve had calling our plays on offense for the last 7 years, he would be a freaking godsend.

Maybe not godsend. But at least some optimism and even a lil hype from the Mahomes connection. Would either fly or crash and burn. 

• Like 2

I don't think some air raid passing concepts would be bad IMO. I think it would show some smarts on Harsin's part. OL is our weakness and likely will be for a couple years. Any hope of winning now will be predicated on the QB getting the ball out quickly and that's exactly what air raid is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Guess it’s official. Lol

60F59974-ED00-471D-A6A9-8AC27245DE25.jpeg

It finally happened... I'm older than that guy. 

• Sad 1

44 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’m at a loss of words for McGee having not been brought back to Aub yet. It’s like Tracy Rocker (before whatever occurred last season) times 100

I'm unsure how many people here would be happy if we brought him back in the director's chair (IF NEED BE), of course, which is what I was asking.

Edited by AUwent

8 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

I don't think some air raid passing concepts would be bad IMO. I think it would show some smarts on Harsin's part. OL is our weakness and likely will be for a couple years. Any hope of winning now will be predicated on the QB getting the ball out quickly and that's exactly what air raid is.

Had some of the same thoughts about OL. 

• Like 1

Just google "Auburn OC" and look at the different results within the last few hours from now. No one knows. The only thing I know from this board, there will be tons of negativity no matter who is brought in. 

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Just google "Auburn OC" and look at the different results within the last few hours from now. No one knows. The only thing I know from this board, there will be tons of negativity no matter who is brought in

Definitely. 

52 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And an FYI, Zappe followed Kittley from his previous place so he’s been his coach for 4 years. He’s the one that developed him

I believe he may have a covid year left. Not sure if where he'd be drafted but if he needs to improve his stock this would be a great place to get some exposure

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The thing I tell myself that probably isn't true is that Miles and Orgeron were mostly successful because they were able to tap into that extremely specific LSU mindset and culture. There's more to it- Orgeron obviously had to have Joes Burrow and Brady at exactly the right moment to win his- but more or less the gumbo recipe down there is 99% local talent and 1% just embracing the insanity. Letting the inmates run the asylum. That 2019 team was the only one that seemed to win with Xs and Os. Their other best teams have just been about sheer athleticism and swag. It all comes down to 'Neck'. It's probably mainly the Miles era that has me thinking that way, because that doofus never once outcoached an opponent on game day. 

Anyway. Kelly seems like the antithesis of Miles and Orgeron. He seems like a joyless prison warden. saban minus the charisma. Maybe it will work. I can see that translating well in South Bend. We know LSU's going to be talented and physical and probably more disciplined than they've been in awhile. But we'll see if Louisisana kids actually *want* to play for him. 

Again, this is what I tell myself. 

You might have predicted it, Loof. Did you hear this? Phony southern accent in his first appearance at LSU. 

He might think he can trick all us bumpkins down south, but that s*** will not fly. Embarrassing. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, au302 said:

I believe he may have a covid year left. Not sure if where he'd be drafted but if he needs to improve his stock this would be a great place to get some exposure

He is a legit heisman candidate. He’s gone either way. Prob a first round pick. I also think this may have been his Covid year. He played in 2017

Guest MustardSeed

If anyone is interested. Here is WKUs last game highlights. Pretty boring first half but that second half offense 😳

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

ZACH KITTLEY is a new name that is popping up.  He is only 30, but seems to have a ton of potential and has a track record of success as well. He is currently OC at Western Kentucky.  They have the #1 passing offense and #2 overall offense in the country.  He coached under Kliff KIngsbury at Tx Tech.

Does he run spread or pro-style I wonder?

Guest MustardSeed
14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Does he run spread or pro-style I wonder?

Air raid. Would likely be blended with Harsin’s schemes if I had to guess

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I'm unsure how many people here would be happy if we brought him back in the director's chair (IF NEED BE), of course, which is what I was asking.

Maybe a football director 

If he has a whiff of UGA’s basketball IQ, he’s rotten eggs. Hell I don’t know what they’re good at other than football 

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That may be true, but looking at both objectively, Gus has had more success.... just pointing it out.

Depends on how you define success.  I'm also talking sheer offensive production because of his amazing scheme not overall program success

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

If anyone is interested. Here is WKUs last game highlights. Pretty boring first half but that second half offense 😳

7:34 in the video he calls the play on 4th and 1 that I have been saying Bobo should've have called on several 4th and 1s this season.

10:32, great play design

Edited by Didba

I never said that Kittley had the job... just that he was in the mix.  There is no trolling to it whatsoever.  I swear, some of you act like a puppy that has been hit by its owner a few too many times.

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

He is a legit heisman candidate. He’s gone either way. Prob a first round pick. I also think this may have been his Covid year. He played in 2017

ESPN shows no playing time in 2017 but he was on HBU's roster. If 2017 was a redshirt he may still have one more year.

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ole Miss went 10-2 this year and are going to the NY6.

Yes he did: This year. Last year he was 5-5 in his first season. His first season at UT he was 6-6. 

9 hours ago, AUwent said:

Leach? He has a pretty good track record at two fairly desolate programs.

Over a 20 year career, he has a 60% winning percentage: which equates to a 7-5 record on average

Please consider looking at coaches entire resume, and not what they did in one weekend or one season. It will give you a much clearer picture of who they really are. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I never said that Kittley had the job... just that he was in the mix.  There is no trolling to it whatsoever.  I swear, some of you act like a puppy that has been hit by its owner a few too many times.

JABA will do that to you. 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Maybe a football director 

If he has a whiff of UGA’s basketball IQ, he’s rotten eggs. Hell I don’t know what they’re good at other than football 

I meant as HC.

7 hours ago, cbo said:

You might have predicted it, Loof. Did you hear this? Phony southern accent in his first appearance at LSU. 

He might think he can trick all us bumpkins down south, but that s*** will not fly. Embarrassing. 

A southern man tells better jokes...

• Like 1