Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

Just now, DAG said:

Now that we all seem to like Kittley, watch we won’t even get him. 

I know a few others that will love him too.  Alabama, Georgia, and LSU.

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah TTU was looking at him too. As of right now I just can’t give the current regime any benefit of the doubt. Prove it to me.

Edited by AUwent

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

Instant crushes like this are what gets us into trouble. 

We should stay with known quantities.  I hear Chip Lindsey needs a job....

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Itll be some rando from junior college in Idaho. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Yes he did: This year. Last year he was 5-5 in his first season. His first season at UT he was 6-6. 

If Harsin goes 9-3 (having to play UGA) his second year, I will happily say I was wrong. Heck, I would happily take 8-4.

My point was in response to who we’re capable of getting and how good a job we are. No, we’re not going to get Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelly but we should expect better than say Rhett Lashlee (if we find ourselves looking again). We’ve been rated in the upper half of the SEC in job desirability, let’s act like it.

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, AUwent said:

If Harsin goes 9-3 (having to play UGA) his second year, I will happily say I was wrong. Heck, I would happily take 8-4.

My point was in response to who we’re capable of getting and how good a job we are. No, we’re not going to get Lincoln Riley or Brian Kelly but we should expect better than say Rhett Lashlee (if we find ourselves looking again).

If we get solid additions on the OL we have a great shot to go 9-3*

*Depending on the QB as well

8 hours ago, Didba said:

7:34 in the video he calls the play on 4th and 1 that I have been saying Bobo should've have called on several 4th and 1s this season.

10:32, great play design

I had been yelling all year that considering our limitations at OL, we needed a lot more of those plays at 10:32. The best part of that one was how fast it happened, a lot of times those inside true screen passes take too long to develop.

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I never said that Kittley had the job... just that he was in the mix.  There is no trolling to it whatsoever.  I swear, some of you act like a puppy that has been hit by its owner a few too many times.

Don’t u love Wiki?

last night it says this guy is Auburn’s OC and QB coach and this morning it says he’s still the WKU OC. 

So much disinformation these days. 

4 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Don’t u love Wiki?

last night it says this guy is Auburn’s OC and QB coach and this morning it says he’s still the WKU OC. 

So much disinformation these days. 

Well first you should never consider Wikipedia to be a viable source. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

If Harsin goes 9-3 next year, dude needs a raise!

8-4 would exceed expectations by a pretty good bit.  

3 hours ago, DAG said:

I’m not sure that an air raid disciple would fit well with our current coaching philosophy or our current roster.   I think he would certainly be an upgrade over ZH, but there are a few guys we’ve mentioned I would rather have than Kittley.   #1 on my list is Grimes.  He emphatically checks all the boxes.   If Harsin wants to win championships at AU, why not hire the only person on any of these lists who has actually done that.  

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I’m not sure that an air raid disciple would fit well with our current coaching philosophy or our current roster.   I think he would certainly be an upgrade over ZH, but there are a few guys we’ve mentioned I would rather have than Kittley.   #1 on my list is Grimes.  He emphatically checks all the boxes.   If Harsin wants to win championships at AU, why not hire the only person on any of these lists who has actually done that.  

This leaves out the distinct possibility of Grimes simply not wanting to come back to Auburn.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

This leaves out the distinct possibility of Grimes simply not wanting to come back to Auburn.

He liked AU.  He turned down UTx to stay at AU.   In my biased opinion, AU is a good step up from Baylor.  And we could give him a solid raise.  Short answer: If we wanted him bad enough, I don’t think that would be an issue at all.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I would think it would be a little bit of a mixture. Not completely air raid tbh.

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

He liked AU.  He turned down UTx to stay at AU.   In my biased opinion, AU is a good step up from Baylor.  And we could give him a solid raise.  Short answer: If we wanted him bad enough, I don’t think that would be an issue at all.  

Things change.  He liked AU a long time ago.  Its been a decade now.

He's also a Texas native, is on the list for this year's Bryles award, and probably has a better shot at a head coaching job being in Texas (more D1 schools here).

He's my #1 choice, but I don't get the feeling he's in a rush to leave Waco.

10 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The issue may be the position Grimes coaches OL and Bobo's was QB.  Hiring Grimes would probably necessitate firing Friend and making a 2nd hire of a QB coach.  Not sure Harsin want to do that but it's only speculation on my part.

Guest MustardSeed
10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Things change.  He liked AU a long time ago.  Its been a decade now.

He's also a Texas native, is on the list for this year's Bryles award, and probably has a better shot at a head coaching job being in Texas (more D1 schools here).

He's my #1 choice, but I don't get the feeling he's in a rush to leave Waco.

Agreed. My #1 also but likely a tough pull 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Carnell said:

The issue may be the position Grimes coaches OL and Bobo's was QB.  Hiring Grimes would probably necessitate firing Friend and making a 2nd hire of a QB coach.  Not sure Harsin want to do that but it's only speculation on my part.

Here’s a great scenario. 

hire Grimes as OC and OL coach

hire Kittley as QB coach/pass game coordinator. 
Kittley is getting paid 200k. Pay him 500k and let him be the next OC when Grimes leaves for HC gig 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Don’t think anything happens until sometime next week.

Maybe slightly earlier but not much. Kittley Grimes and Ludwig are all coaching tomorrow

hopefully we can rule out Hill as his season is over so no reason to announce 

1 minute ago, MustardSeed said:

Maybe slightly earlier but not much. Kittley Grimes and Ludwig are all coaching tomorrow

Agree

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

He still has to interview. I bet none would do that before their games Saturday.

43 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I feel pretty certain that who ever is hired will run Harsin's offense. And that ain't no Air Raid

• Like 1