Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

1 minute ago, au302 said:

That's true. It's very possible. I would think we want to get it out quickly though for obvious reasons. I agree it will be a Harsin/Boise guy. Melt will be glorious but that was a good and fun offense they had out there

What obvious reasons ? Please don’t say recruiting . The recruits will know before anybody . Who will know last will be the fans and rightfully so. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

What obvious reasons ? Please don’t say recruiting . The recruits will know before anybody . Who will know last will be the fans and rightfully so. 

I don't see any benefit in keeping it quiet if the guy is hired, but I may be wrong. I'm sure the commits and a lot of recruits know. Other recruits, HS coaches, momentum in general from the hire. Seems like there's no benefit to keep it under wraps, but maybe I'm wrong. He needs to take his time and get the best guy though

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

And with yesterday being so abrupt there’s a 9/10 chance the guy is already in place 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I don't see any benefit in keeping it quiet if the guy is hired, but I may be wrong. I'm sure the commits and a lot of recruits know. Other recruits, HS coaches, momentum in general from the hire. Seems like there's no benefit to keep it under wraps, but maybe I'm wrong. He needs to take his time and get the best guy though

There is no benefit to the fan. If it has been the WR coach all along and the current players know and the he is out recruiting today as the OC, there isn’t anything loss .

• Like 1

Just now, JMassie11 said:

And with yesterday being so abrupt there’s a 9/10 chance the guy is already in place 

Right it has been only 24 hour period that the media has know but I am sure CBH has had a plan all along.

26 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

is that a bad thing?

Not in my opinion 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, au302 said:

Even if it is the WR coach then a new coach will be brought on. My random guess is that Harsin is considering a few different options right now on who that extra coach will be and how he will fit in the current staff makeup. Before making any final decisions. 

For example if Harsin wants to bring in Hill to be co-oc with Kiesau then Hill has to let AZ State know etc.. Or if Harsin just wants to promote Kiesau and not bring in a co-oc he still has to decide which position Kiesau will coach and based on that who the position coach is that gets brought in. 

• Like 1

Might also be a matter of respect and appearances. Respect to Bobo to not announce while the body's still warm and to not make it appear as though he had Bobo's replacement confirmed before he fired him. 

• Like 4

Just now, McLoofus said:

Might also be a matter of respect and appearances. Respect to Bobo to not announce while the body's still warm and to not make it appear as though he had Bobo's replacement confirmed before he fired him. 

Very good point 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Even if it is the WR coach then a new coach will be brought on. My random guess is that Harsin is considering a few different options right now on who that extra coach will be and how he will fit in the current staff makeup. Before making any final decisions. 

For example if Harsin wants to bring in Hill to be co-oc with Kiesau then Hill has to let AZ State know etc.. Or if Harsin just wants to promote Kiesau and not bring in a co-oc he still has to decide which position Kiesau will coach and based on that who the position coach is that gets brought in. 

He built the staff on flexibility for sure. Kiesau could coach receivers and QB's I believe. Bedell was OL for Boise. Seems like there's a number of ways he could shuffle it up

Promoting from within doesn't bother me if we get more young local guys who can recruit to replace those guys.

Corn was going to be that kind of guy but obviously something didn't mesh. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

Interested to know the reason Harsin would give, if asked, as to why the change at OC?

HE picked him and his reasoning then was that he and Bobo both had similar concepts on how to run an offense, and Harsin remembers it being hard to defend Bobo's offense when he was at CSU.

So WHA HAPPEN? :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Interested to know the reason Harsin would give, if asked, as to why the change at OC?

HE picked him and his reasoning then was that he and Bobo both had similar concepts on how to run an offense, and Harsin remembers it being hard to defend Bobo's offense when he was at CSU.

He witnessed first hand, from the sideline, that it's not gonna work HERE. :) lol

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

How do we know he hasn’t been promoted. He very well could’ve been promoted and the media just has no inkling. I believe it will be a guy well versed to CBH. Not grimes, dell or any of these other guys being named. It will be a great melt when that occurs. Can’t wait for the entertainment 

If he was already promoted it would be announced and we'd be letting all the recruits know.  And if we've only been letting recruits know & not telling the media, that would have leaked already.

I agree it's going to be someone close to him, not someone with ties to Auburn

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If he was already promoted it would be announced and we'd be letting all the recruits know.  And if we've only been letting recruits know & not telling the media, that would have leaked already.

I agree it's going to be someone close to him, not someone with ties to Auburn

I find with this coaching staff the media is always two steps behind and that’s not opinion based. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Repeated lack of second half points?   

8 yd shotgun snap on a run play when we desperate needed 2 yards? 

• Like 1

I personally believe it is our WR coach and it was eventually going to be him anyhwow. Bobo just cemented it with his tale of two halves. Of course once this gets announce some in our fanbase will be like “well, why didn’t he just announce that earlier ?” And I am going to be like hmmm

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I find with this coaching staff the media is always two steps behind and that’s not opinion based. 

I don't disagree wrt the media, but there is zero reason to keep it quiet 15 days before NSD.  They will tell people before they tell the media.  That's players, recruits, HS coaches, girlfriends, wives, etc.  If these people have already been told it was Coach Key, there would be dozens of "insdiers" making a name for them selves ready to spill this information across various message boards.

I don't think anyone has been hired yet.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

I don't disagree wrt the media, but there is zero reason to keep it quiet 15 days before NSD.  They will tell people before they tell the media.  That's players, recruits, HS coaches, girlfriends, wives, etc.  If these people have already been told it was Coach Key, there would be dozens of "insdiers" making a name for them selves ready to spill this information across various message boards.

I don't think anyone has been hired yet.

Haha okay guy 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haha okay guy 

Yeah, we promoted our WR coach hours ago and absolutely no one knows besides Harsin & Key

Make sense.

Edited by W.E.D

Kiesau should be the last resort.  We've already got him. 

I'd like to see some sort of evidence we aren't creating a Gus Ball 2.0 situation.  

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Brian Kelly is not a good coach. Note Dame has been a joke

ha, Brian Kelly just became the winningest coach in Notre Dame history this past season at 60 years old. Sounds like a joke sure. He's been to the championship and playoffs 3 times. (could be 4 times this year)

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah, we promoted our WR coach hours ago and absolutely no one knows besides Harsin & Key

Make sense.

It does doesn’t it ? Haha

Just now, DAG said:

It does doesn’t it ? Haha

Yes, It makes sense for no one to ever know.