Potential OCs for 2022?

AUApostle

12 hours ago, AURealist said:

I'm past talking myself into things.  Other SEC teams seem to be able to get real coaches and assistants.  LSU scored Brian Kelly just today!  If we can't get a decent coaching staff to Auburn, it's because we either aren't serious about having a championship level team or are just too stupid to get it done.  

Brian Kelly is not a good coach. Note Dame has been a joke

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, Didba said:

While I disagree with these points in general…I do agree in a way…his schedule at ND is an absolute joke compared to the one he just took on and he was never able to get through it.  I see him being a slightly more successful Bielema

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

He has a totally different recruiting pool to draw from now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Seems like his record is pretty solid.

Unlike us, he's taken a team to the CFP.  His recruiting has been better than us.   Sucks, though.  😄

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Didba said:

Come on.He has won every where he has been. He is a damn good coach . 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, fredst said:

He literally checks every box we desperately need: OC, OL, great recruiter. He would be such a great hire it seems almost impossible that it would ever happen because…well…JABA😞

Why leave a great situation at Baylor? Especially when he, Grimes will get a shot at a Power 5 job in the next year or two at the most? Makes no sense for him to go anywhere. No matter what AU offered him. Nothing to do with JABA.  

The only I've seen mentioned that terrifies me is Matt Wells. Boise looked good in 2020 so Kies is probably better than people think. He knows how to run that offense. Same for Zak Hill.

49 minutes ago, Didba said:

This is the kinda thing you have to hear from people on this board that live in box.   Completely false and shows that you know nothing about college football 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Why leave a great situation at Baylor? Especially when he, Grimes will get a shot at a Power 5 job in the next year or two at the most? Makes no sense for him to go anywhere. No matter what AU offered him. Nothing to do with JABA.  

Auburn is a better job than Baylor anytime, even if they end up in the PAC12. Agree he will get a HC job soon, hell maybe this year with all of the turnover. And, I know he isn’t ever gonna end up at AU for a variety of reasons

Edited by fredst

I was thinking about it and could see one of these 3 being the guy hired:

Kiesau is a fantastic OC. If that is the way it goes, then it will be an upgrade.

Zak Hill would be a great fit. He is a rising star. Obvious ties since he was Harsin's OC at Boise.

Grimes would be a great fit. He loved it at AU. Him and Harsin were both coached by Dick Koetter (different schools). Harsin was the OC at Texas when they tried to hire Grimes in 2011. They just missed working together in Boise when Grimes followed Koetter to Arizona State and Harsin became a GA in 2000. Grimes was at Colorado with Dan Hawkins. There are a lot of connections here.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Exactly! Just because AU is interested in him doesn’t mean he is interested in AU. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

No, Auburn has been a joke. Notre Dame goes to playoff games and has double digit wins every year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

ND has academic limitations. What Brian Kelly has accomplished and maintained there is extremely impressive.

Now he enters a recruiting hotbed void of those academic limitations. LSU with Brian Kelly is about to become a beast. Given how long he stayed at ND combined with age, he will likely retire at LSU.

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

We'll play against him next season and see.  

People are not getting this hire. I think it’s a great hire. Kelly had a recruiting machine in South Bend where they were limited academically. Like a podcast host mentioned today, the governor is off. LSU will bounce back nicely. Might be tough at first because he will probably have to flush some guys out. Kelly is more like Saban than anyone else. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Didba said:

This is a horrible take. 

Brian Kelly literally has two losing seasons in his 20+ years as a head coach. And one was his first year at Central Michigan… he won at Central Michigan… 10 wins every season at Cincy, and turned around a powerhouse that was on a downward spiral with Charlie Weis in Notre Dame… 

Now is he worth the 10 year 95+ million? Idk. But the dude has recruited well and won everywhere he’s been. 

Edited by Taco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems like if Kiesau was the top choice he would've been quickly promoted last night like how he was with Corn. Makes me wonder if they're going after other guys first, and Kiesau is a good fallback

Just now, au302 said:

Seems like if Kiesau was the top choice he would've been quickly promoted last night like how he was with Corn. Makes me wonder if they're going after other guys first, and Kiesau is a good fallback

How do we know he hasn’t been promoted. He very well could’ve been promoted and the media just has no inkling. I believe it will be a guy well versed to CBH. Not grimes, dell or any of these other guys being named. It will be a great melt when that occurs. Can’t wait for the entertainment 

• Like 3

If I was Harsin, I would get an OC I am familiar wth, one I am comfortable working with, one who understands Harsin's offense and one who is a good play caller. Kind of narrows it down but CBH has been known to surprise people.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

How do we know he hasn’t been promoted. He very well could’ve been promoted and the media just has no inkling. I believe it will be a guy well versed to CBH. Not grimes, dell or any of these other guys being named. It will be a great melt when that occurs. Can’t wait for the entertainment 

That's true. It's very possible. I would think we want to get it out quickly though for obvious reasons. I agree it will be a Harsin/Boise guy. Melt will be glorious but that was a good and fun offense they had out there