Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Apparently his father alluded to both being impressed by Michigan's academics, and while Auburn can be competitive academically, I was under the impression that Michigan probably has better academics than Auburn.

You know, this is rank stupid. Not your opinion or your post, but the idea that "Michigan probably has better academics than Auburn." By what metric? Does Michigan have better "Pigskin Ambassadors" personally tutoring these full-time athletes? In my opinion, the top 10% or so of motivated, disciplined student achievers in almost any accredited university would be able to hold their own at any university, regardless of name, location, faculty, etc. And any major FBS full-scholarship football players should have more than enough help, tutoring, study sessions, private computer labs, 24/7 dining, resources out the butthole, etc. to excel in the classroom, whether it's Michigan, Auburn, wherever.

Of course, I may be completely wrong, but I do feel better having now written a strongly-worded post about it.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

That wasn't actually Deion. Although he had a game ending pick on the very next play after. Honestly though my recollection had this obvious PI and the Deion pick happening on same play somehow.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH

Deion should have been suspended from that game.  Didn’t he shoplift jewelry or hit a woman prior to the bowl game?

7 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

You know, this is rank stupid. Not your opinion or your post, but the idea that "Michigan probably has better academics than Auburn." By what metric? Does Michigan have better "Pigskin Ambassadors" personally tutoring these full-time athletes? In my opinion, the top 10% or so of motivated, disciplined student achievers in almost any accredited university would be able to hold their own at any university, regardless of name, location, faculty, etc. And any major FBS full-scholarship football players should have more than enough help, tutoring, study sessions, private computer labs, 24/7 dining, resources out the butthole, etc. to excel in the classroom, whether it's Michigan, Auburn, wherever.

Of course, I may be completely wrong, but I do feel better having now written a strongly-worded post about it.

Michigan is a longstanding, academically elite school. It's not new or a secret. I don't know if that's when Clemmons picked them, but don't be foolish enough to say Michigan doesn't have a higher academic reputation than Auburn. UM is probably akin to a Vanderbilt or Cal Berkeley. US news has them #23 overall academically in the country, just behind Georgetown.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ertrader said:

That wasn't actually Deion. Although he had a game ending pick on the very next play after. Honestly though my recollection had this obvious PI and the Deion pick happening on same play somehow.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH

I want a home and home with FSU so bad. They are due an a** kicking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Didba said:

I mean when there are 2-3 separate podcasts with 2-3 guys on each podcast saying its possible and then there were people on here that agreed it was possible.  That meets the criteria of "quite a few".

Well, we had a fantastic day, better than most predicted, and still are 13. You were still wrong. Regardless, I'm thrilled at the job CBH did. Restored my faith in the staff and quieted a lot of fears. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Michigan is a longstanding, academically elite school. It's not new or a secret. I don't know if that's when Clemmons picked them, but don't be foolish enough to say Michigan doesn't have a higher academic reputation than Auburn. UM is probably akin to a Vanderbilt or Cal Berkeley. US news has them #23 overall academically in the country, just behind Georgetown.

Yeah there’s probably some B10 schools Auburn is close to academically, but Michigan certainly isn’t one 

and there’s nothing wrong with admitting that. Hell, it’s been a disadvantage for UM 9 times out of 10 in recruiting 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Well, we had a fantastic day, better than most predicted, and still are 13. You were still wrong. Regardless, I'm thrilled at the job CBH did. Restored my faith in the staff and quieted a lot of fears. 

Nope, I was not wrong, I never made a definitive statements. 

If you go back and look I never said this class will be top 10.  My statement was "if this staff lands everyone left on their board it has the potential to be top 10." Good try though.

Unfortunately for yourself, you were wrong as you definitively stated several times that it was "impossible" for this class to be top ten and in actuality today, it was a few missed recruits from being top ten, thus it was entirely possible for it to be top ten.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Agreed. I feel better for the moment. We need help in the portal though big time. 

• Like 2

Just now, Didba said:

Nope, I was not wrong, I never made a definitive statements. 

If you go back and look I never said this class will be top 10.  My statement was "if this staff lands everyone left on their board it has the potential to be top 10." Good try though.

Unfortunately for yourself, you were wrong as you definitively stated several times that it was "impossible" for this class to be top ten and in actuality today, it was a few missed recruits from being top ten, thus it was entirely possible for it to be top ten.

Of course anything can hypothetically happen. We at least have a chance to go 12-0 next season.

Anyone who followed our recruiting knew a top 10 class wasn't going to happen. 

You said it could. I said it couldn't. It didn't. That's the end of the discussion.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Of course anything can hypothetically happen. We at least have a chance to go 12-0 next season.

Anyone who followed our recruiting knew a top 10 class wasn't going to happen. 

You said it could. I said it couldn't. It didn't. That's the end of the discussion.

Hahaha, all good, just giving you a hard time.  End of the day it was good class and a great building point for Harsin's program.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah there’s probably some B10 schools Auburn is close to academically, but Michigan certainly isn’t one 

and there’s nothing wrong with admitting that. Hell, it’s been a disadvantage for UM 9 times out of 10 in recruiting 

Totally. No school is going to be superior to every school in every category. But honestly, I don't think Clemmons picked them because of academics. I think he led Auburn on, knowing we were never really the right fit for him. 

57 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Lol, it has nothing to do with how easy it is to get good grades there. That is not and never has been what people mean when they talk about good academics. It's almost the opposite. Wow hahaha

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Primetime was never known for his tackling. I’m too young to remember this game, but I’m guessing we didn’t throw his way too many times 

33 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Still waiting on that Tim Cook Apple NIL deal 👀

Didn't we announce that we were getting on the NIL stuff?

There's a lot of time left of course but we appear to be well on our way of meeting what I realistically hoped for this year. Well done, CBH.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Do we really want his slave labor money anyway?

Tim Cook is overrated.   I mean really what has he done?   Which one of us hasn't taken a public company with a market capitalization of $350 billion and in just 10 years grown it to be the first ever $3 trillion dollar market cap company?   And, in 2011 the pundits said he lacked vision and innovation.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

If the staff can do as good a job in the transfer portal as they did for the early signing period, we are going to be in good shape.  Let's start it off by getting Slovis and then loading up on several rabid OL.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Tim Cook is overrated.   I mean really what has he done?   Which one of us hasn't taken a public company with a market capitalization of $350 billion and in just 10 years grown it to be the first ever $3 trillion dollar market cap company?   And, in 2011 the pundits said he lacked vision and innovation.

Don't care for him or Apple but jmo. He wouldn't know a football if one hit him upside the head.

• Like 1