Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

Just now, Mikey said:

That's 16 signees plus 2 verbals. Leaving us with 5 more regular slots plus we can add up to seven transfers that don't count against our limit of 23. If the NCAA has changed the rules in the last day or so, someone correct this, please.

PS: Of those two verbals, I'm thinking Donaldson will sign basketball only and Story is a big ???? that will be answered sooner or later.

Correct, I don't think Donaldson is going to be a part of the football team at the moment which is fine when we have so many defensive backs in this class. I currently feel comfortable with us keeping Caden Story but there is some conflicting information out there right now. So we'll say 17 spots filled.

M'ba is almost guaranteed to Auburn at this point from what I have read. Now we're at 18 spots. So we have seven to go and seven transfer portal spots. There is still a lot of work to be done and this class really could finish pretty high. I'm about to write a recap thread and include a looking forward section in a new thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wonder if this is alluding to overall or today?  Definitely gonna pick up some guys between now and February but wonder if there are any surprises lurking for later?

21 minutes ago, Didba said:

They didn't even waitlist me for law school like some of the better schools did... Just outright, nah bruh, we good on you fam.  UM is dang hard to get into.

Lol. I got some “nah, bruh” for Phd programs. Fun times. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Win4AU said:

Wonder if this is alluding to overall or today?  Definitely gonna pick up some guys between now and February but wonder if there are any surprises lurking for later?

M'ba is this weekend, then Feb.  If he's talking about today then I guess Citizen was a 5% chance as a surprise signing?

Not sure of anyone else

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Correct, I don't think Donaldson is going to be a part of the football team at the moment which is fine when we have so many defensive backs in this class. I currently feel comfortable with us keeping Caden Story but there is some conflicting information out there right now. So we'll say 17 spots filled.

M'ba is almost guaranteed to Auburn at this point from what I have read. Now we're at 18 spots. So we have seven to go and seven transfer portal spots. There is still a lot of work to be done and this class really could finish pretty high. I'm about to write a recap thread and include a looking forward section in a new thread.

This thread was fun Zeek thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Now we're at 18 spots. So we have seven to go and seven transfer portal spots

I believe we used two 2022 slots last cycle on transfers, leaving only 23 available for this year. However, we've lost seven or more to transfers out, so we can use all seven transfer slots without getting into the 23. So, five regular slots after M'ba plus the seven transfer slots.The NCAA has got this messed up!

Edited by Mikey

39 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

His NFL pedigree should speak pretty well for him, at the very least, but word has it we're going to hire an ace recruiter as the OLine coach and have the TE coach be the Xs and Os guys for the line.

Interesting strategy to say the least.  So I take it Will Friend will be replaced and move on?

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

Interesting strategy to say the least.  So I take it Will Friend will be replaced and move on?

That's the word. 

Bedell was Harsin's OL coach at Boise.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

he picked Michigan according to Keith (247) He liked the emphasis on Academics according to his Dad. Its a good school Best of Luck. 

to the Portal. ONWARD!

Man, there was a bunch of time and fossil fuel spent on this recruitment.    Sux but it happens.    This staff is very impressive with their tenacity.

• Like 1

First , thanks zeke for a fabulous job of making this day fun and keeping us informed!

how do these recruiting sites handle early signing day? Is there a recruiting champion or does this all carry over until February? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I believe we used two 2022 slots last cycle on transfers, leaving only 23 available for this year. However, we've lost seven or more to transfers out, so we can use all seven transfer slots without getting into the 23. So, five regular slots after M'ba plus the seven transfer slots.The NCAA has got this messed up!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Transfers - 1 Qb, 3-4 Olinemen, 1 WR?, another defensive player?  

February signings- Citizen maybe, 2-3 Olinemen - Farmer, Cooper, maybe the FSU kid that started to waiver?  Malik Agbo but I heard we stopped pursuing him?

Caden Story I guess will be a February signee if he comes through.  

Who else?

6 minutes ago, tiger1168 said:

First , thanks zeke for a fabulous job of making this day fun and keeping us informed!

how do these recruiting sites handle early signing day? Is there a recruiting champion or does this all carry over until February? 

All carries over until Feb

7 minutes ago, tiger1168 said:

Which team would be the recruiting champion today?  Which would be the recruiting champion in February? 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

All carries over until Feb

Thanks. 

So we potentially could move up from 12? Not complaining I’m thrilled With what this staff has done 

1 minute ago, tiger1168 said:

Thanks. 

So we potentially could move up from 12? Not complaining I’m thrilled With what this staff has done 

Easy how you say things.  Folks will jump on you quickly and give you the facepalms.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Interesting. There was a highly rated recruit that went to a small school before. I think it was New Mexico State or something like it. I haven't heard of him since. 

It was Corey Lemonier's 4 star teammate alllllll the way back in the class of 2010. He announced to New Mexico State right before we stole Lemonier from FSU.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

Narrator: It was not, in fact, exactly or even kinda what he was going to say.

what he said.gif

• Haha 1

With the plug and play guys coming in for the secondary and adding additional pieces to the DLine this defense has the potential to be very special. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tiger1168 said:

Thanks. 

We could.  Also could move down if others pasa us.

• Like 1