Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

Can't remember if I shared this or not but I liked this year's setup for sure. A lot better than the war room thing we had used previously and a little more theatrical. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Well gosh, why don't you get on the phone with Coach Harsin right now and tell him! I'm sure he hasn't thought of any of this...

It seems fairly obvious huh?  I guess we will find out soon enough if he(and the power brokers at AU) have the gumption to start taking full advantage of this new landscape in CFB. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Taco said:

Yeah but it’s obvious Napier was a better choice than Harsin. 

I am trying to be sarcastic 

Napier Roots….. Aw naw hell naw man y’all dun up and dun it. I saw them perform live with “Live” in 1999 at Beard Eaves 

• Love 1

O-Line Last year Harsin came in and Picked up a legit OT Colby Smith and kept Garner Langlo  who could be IOL or OT Smith 6'7" 315 and Langlo 6'7" 270 who is close to 300 now and this year this year we got Eston Harris  6'6"290  OT that is two OT's and  a Potential OT in Langlo that is more then Gus got in previous two years. We still have some people in the Pipe Line for late signing period plus we have the Portal. Any HS player we get this year will need a minimum of 1 year and probably 2 year to be SEC ready unless we sign a stud. At this time because of lack of Players in O-line who have gone to NFL it will be real hard to sign the stud.  NIL might help but only time will tell. I won't vote on how Good an O-line class we got until probably this coming summer after I see what we get in the Portal.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Now now children, we have had fun here today let's not ruin the vacation signing day

I think Zac may have stroked out during that tweet but his point is a good one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

The Perry-ordeal is frustrating, but it reminds me: Who was the Auburn commit who "flipped" to Alabama two or three years ago and kept trying to troll Auburn?  If I recall, we pulled his offer but he spun it to say he flipped.  I want to say it was an OL.  Has he ever amounted to anything?

Perry didn't flip.  He never committed anywhere.  Kid was total class in the way he handled this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh there is so much I could say but.....Well alrighty you got me don't want to get into a frickin pissing contest on such a good day for Auburn. Please post less

You know you messed up if golf is throwing shade. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

4 star OT Julian Armella is now planning to sign in Feb. so maybe…just maybe we still have a chance

Gives us 2 months to bang on him, but it seems he might be going to Miami 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Gives us 2 months to bang on him, but it seems he might be going to Miami 

maybe we should just kick his tires instead of banging on him... don't need a Hugh Freeze situation, if ya catch my drift..

... I'm sorry... I'll see myself out...

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The fact that we went after him is what's important. 

Had ppl on here yesterday saying we don't want kids like this, ones that we have to sell on Auburn.  Just kids that want to be here.  lmao

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Perry didn't flip.  He never committed anywhere.  Kid was total class in the way he handled this.

I agree I think the issue was he always had a a favorite of bama but they held off on giving him a committable offer until almost the last week and Saban visit sealed the deal.  We had two chances of getting him one that bama slow playing him would have pissed him off and he would move on or two bama had a better player that they signed in his slot at the end bama needed him so they got him.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

Just now, W.E.D said:

Had ppl on here yesterday saying we don't want kids like this, ones that we have to sell on Auburn.  Just kids that want to be here.  lmao

I don't know what's wrong with some of the peeps on here lol

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Yes. We're also about to get a starting DB from Oregon to transfer here... but you didn't hear it from me lol

I heard this too but I hope we take a break.... we seem to be in good shape for a lot of highly ranked DBs in '23. At least according to what they were saying after the IB. 

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

So I guess it was bugging me so I went and found it. The Alabama state law allowing college athletes to be paid very specifically makes it illegal to pay a player to come to a school. This summer Alabama passed law 404. Here is the clause in it that’s relevant…copied straight from the law

”Compensation for a student athlete's name,
image, or likeness may not be conditioned on athletic
performance or attendance at a particular postsecondary
educational institution.”

Im sure Mississippi’s law is similar. It’s not just the NCAA rules being broken, it’s state law and potentially jail time. Hope it ends up worth the risk for these guys. This could go very sideways very quick 

Right, so they can't sign an NIL deal saying "void if you don't got to Alabama" they just have a deal waiting for you once you sign with Alabama or where ever.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

We do

Wow another fun one at the party I can see.

You make me laugh, Sir.. Thank You!!

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know what's wrong with some of the peeps on here lol

Some of these mindsets are unfathomable. 

40 minutes ago, BaldEagle said:

I’m old enough to remember when we expected to not only be on a level playing field with Bama and UGA but we expected to be better than them. And guess what, they had a ton of talent back then too. Maybe that’s not what AU fans want or expect anymore but if it is, we are going to have to start playing a lot dirtier and working a lot harder to get our share of the OL and DL talent.  I personally think that means actively recruiting players from other teams rosters(including Bama and UGA’s).  We need to have middle men reach out to every potential transfer that we want and offer them lucrative NIL deals.  That is the only we we can use this née rule to level the playing field and get back to a place where we can expect to win SEC championships on an annual basis like we did in the late 80s.  If we don’t, we may catch lightning in a bottle once every 7 or 8 years and make it to the SECCG but that’s about the best we can hope for when we’re playing with less talent and depth. 

Just stop it!! You're giving Bald Eagles a bad name. WDE

• Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Some of these mindsets are unfathomable. 

I think its basically the dunning kruger effect paired with a combination of 1) irrational reactionary mindsets 2) Gus apologists 3) people that never played football at a high level or at all 4) extreme lack of understanding when it comes to scheme 5) general lack of self-awareness.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

And he then he cheated by pushing the receivers head into the ball preventing a guaranteed TD to win the game and it wasn’t called. I’ll never forget his dirty play. 

That wasn't actually Deion. Although he had a game ending pick on the very next play after. Honestly though my recollection had this obvious PI and the Deion pick happening on same play somehow.

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT DO NOT WATCH IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH