Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Not sure if sarcasm. Today has been a really good day for AU.

Very much sarcasm lol 😂 

• Like 1

With Clemons both Michigan and Auburn will be running similar systems. May have just came down to one being more proven right now 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Yeah because today sucked

Didn’t say today was bad it was a good day but the biggest offensive win we got today was a 3 star receiver and that’s no disrespect to him

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

Narrator: It was not, in fact, exactly or even kinda what he was going to say.

sometimes its necessary to ignore my soliloquies 😅

Just now, JMassie11 said:

With Clemons both Michigan and Auburn will be running similar systems. May have just came down to one being more proven right now 🤷‍♂️

Better season at Michigan.  Not to mention we don't really have known QB1 right now. 

It sure wasn't the weather.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

Apparently his father alluded to both being impressed by Michigan's academics, and while Auburn can be competitive academically, I was under the impression that Michigan probably has better academics than Auburn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beaker said:

so who are the OL targets for Feb?  

Farmer (Florida commit) 

Woody (FSU commit) 

Armella (FSU lean) 

Cooper (ours if we push) 

Staff is likely more interested in transfers since freshmen OL rarely have immediate impact. 

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Didn’t say today was bad it was a good day but the biggest offensive win we got today was a 3 star receiver and that’s no disrespect to him

Might be catching wind of picking up a receiver through the portal today.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Didba said:

Apparently his father alluded to both being impressed by Michigan's academics, and while Auburn can be competitive academically, I was under the impression that Michigan probably has better academics than Auburn.

At least as far as reputation goes, yeah, Michigan is not far from being on par with the Ivy League schools.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

sometimes its necessary to ignore my soliloquies 😅

sir this is a football forum what you do solo is your business 

(AP English was a lot of Shakespeare and a very deep dive on Chaucer. Soliloquies haunt my dreams. Like Freddy Dunning Kruger.)

(Also, I bet you spelled soliloquies correctly on the first try. AP English was a long time ago for me.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

At least as far as reputation goes, yeah, Michigan is not far from being on par with the Ivy League schools.

They didn't even waitlist me for law school like some of the better schools did... Just outright, nah bruh, we good on you fam.  UM is dang hard to get into.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Farmer (Florida commit) 

Woody (FSU commit) 

Armella (FSU lean) 

Cooper (ours if we push) 

Staff is likely more interested in transfers since freshmen OL rarely have immediate impact. 

Ok this is great and I think there was another longshot at another FSU lineman.   Maybe not.

I think Saturday is M'ba and we need to 'watch' for Citizen in Feb.

so I think we have the #1 CB (Juco), #1 Safety (Juco), #1 Kicker and maybe the #1 DL (M'ba).....that would be sick.

we get M'Ba and we will all forget about the K Perry swing and miss. 

Thank you Zeek!  Now go load those grades and restack that stuff on the corner to toss in the trash after the last bell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Dude, I shake my head virtually every time you post. 

Instead of posting that, why not respond to my question? Perhaps because you don't have an answer?

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

@Zeek Is DA referring to Mba or someone else?

We've still got 10+ slots left so, whatever he's referring to specifically, we're definitely far from done. Don't know if we'll get any more today or not, though. 

13 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Came down to one having family members and the other not.  He lived there until he was 10 and still has family in Michigan.

He knows no one at Auburn.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

I am legit salty about Clemons for wasting our time these last 10-11 months. Oregon I could've understood, hell even Miami I could've understood. But going to Michigan after effectively getting a "Hey, you up?" text, is straight up disrespectful after the time, effort, and mutual interest that was put in...

I pray we meet up in a bowl or playoff game and blanket the hell out of him...

I don’t think he was ever coming to Auburn. After Cristobal left Oregon he had every opportunity to pick the team that he’d listed as top 2-3 all year and ends up picking a team that had been on his radar 2 weeks.  That tells me something didn’t click with him and Auburn.  

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Came down to one having family members and the other not.  He lived there until he was 10 and still has family in Michigan.

He knows no one at Auburn.

Plus Ann Arbor, Michigan is a lot more similar than Auburn, Alabama is to Portland, Oregon

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Didba said:

Michigan's academics are hands down better than Auburn. If that was an important criteria for him, the choice speaks for itself.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That's 16 signees plus 2 verbals. Leaving us with 5 more regular slots plus we can add up to seven transfers that don't count against our limit of 23. If the NCAA has changed the rules in the last day or so, someone correct this, please.

PS: Of those two verbals, I'm thinking Donaldson will sign basketball only and Story is a big ???? that will be answered sooner or later.

• Like 1