Official Early National Signing Day Thread

Zeek

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Man, I will walk that road right with you!

Truth be told, he reminds me of my old Scoutmaster and Coach. That man would wear us out (physically, mentally, and emotionally) on the clock.

I've been forever grateful to him for always expecting our absolute best and one of my greatest honors was being asked to serve as a pallbearer when he passed. Outside of my father, the single most important man in my life.

I just get that vibe from Harsin and that's not something I say easily.

Edited by selias
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, selias said:

Truth be told, he reminds me of my old Scoutmaster and Coach. That man would wear us out (physically, mentally, and emotionally) on the clock.

I've been forever grateful to him for always expecting our absolute best and one of my greatest honors was being asked to serve pallbearer when he passed. Outside of my father, the single most important man in my life.

Good coaches matter and make a difference.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Don't care for him or Apple but jmo. He wouldn't know a football if one hit him upside the head.

He must know coins though. He served as honorary captain and went out for the coin toss in the Iron Bowl.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Anything good to share?

Nothing that these fine folks on the AuFam board havent discussed except what I mentioned above.  Colby has the coaches attention at OT (extremely hard worker) and there's potential for Wright to move back to OT where he has NFL talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Nothing that these fine folks on the AuFam board havent discussed except what I mentioned above.  Colby has the coaches attention at OT (extremely hard worker) and there's potential for Wright to move back to OT where he has NFL talent.

I must've missed that post during yesterday's festivities. Thanks for letting me know...again.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Man, I will walk that road right with you!

I've wanted to get excited about the guy. Every single time I start to get excited, I get a feeling of despair because I think this is Auburn I'm thinking about.  I guess Malzahn wore me down. My concerns were with recruiting in regards to Harsin and his staff excluding Caddy. I don't have that concern any longer. I would call my feeling guarded optimism. 

Edited by Chaotic_zx
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I get a feeling of despair because I think this is Auburn I'm thinking about.  I guess Malzahn wore me down.

8 years of psyops will do that to you.

• Like 1

Yesterday was impressive and I'm excited to see what happens with the portal. 

I thought there was zero chance we could finish top 10 in recruiting. Expected 15-20 at best. Turns out there was a very real chance and there still is. I was too pessimistic and impatient. 

I was wrong. Enjoy it. It has never happened before and never will again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Chaotic_zx said:

I've wanted to get excited about the guy. Every single time I start to get excited, I get a feeling of despair because I think this is Auburn I'm thinking about.  I guess Malzahn wore me down. My concerns were with recruiting in regards to Harsin and his staff excluding Caddy. I don't have that concern any longer. I would call my feeling guarded optimism. 

Your feelings are quite Gustified.

2 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Apparently it’s a done deal he just hasn’t announced it yet 

Yep. Had very specific wants for his announcement and he's from France. Just a matter of logistics. 

17 hours ago, selias said:

He may not be the coach people wanted but, he's the coach we need. It's been a long time since I've been invested in watching recruiting season or having any optimism for the program. Call me a sucker if you like but, I'm all in on Harsin's vision and apparent plan for the program.

For sure. I noticed in the two videos posted he's brought up multiple times about players playing in the high school championships, improving as the year goes along. I may be reading into this but I definitely think he really likes winners at that stage. You don't have to teach the values to a competitor. Those kids who come and won in high school want to win in college, don't enjoy losing and want to keep growing. We as fans just look at stars  and stats, measurables.... but he's looking a little closer. IT really helps when you bring in skill players who are winners and want to compete, because that's what they know. That style of recruitment and targeting those players I believe comes from the mindset of the Head Coach. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

For sure. I noticed in the two videos posted he's brought up multiple times about players playing in the high school championships, improving as the year goes along. I may be reading into this but I definitely think he really likes winners at that stage. You don't have to teach the values to a competitor. Those kids who come and won in high school want to win in college, don't enjoy losing and want to keep growing. We as fans just look at stars  and stats, measurables.... but he's looking a little closer. IT really helps when you bring in skill players who are winners and want to compete, because that's what they know. That style of recruitment and targeting those players I believe comes from the mindset of the Head Coach. 

That is true to a point but I also like the kid at a school with very little talent but the one kid who plays his hardest even in a losing cause. The kid the coach on the other team notices despite the score.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1