Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

11 minutes ago, metafour said:

Exactly.

The scheduling changed to remove what would normally be a cupcake game at the end of the season. It's a completely pointless "statistic". If you flip our schedule around and swap the South Carolina and Akron games, we don't finish with "5 straight losses".

The fact that this is the argument being presented is so sad. The next thing they will use is I know you are but what am I

Edited by cole256
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, e808 said:

Now the shoulda woulda coulda theory is being applied. How long had Auburn been playing those games with a Samford or Alabama State in between to break up the murderous row schedule Auburn had on the back half of the schedule.

U can say this should have happened or that should of happened but the fact is it didn’t happen. 

Use your brain and think. It's not woulda coulda. You can literally look at the schedule and see Gus having the same and worse seasons multiple times in his tenure. Nobody but you gives a damn when in the schedule the losses took place.

And then after that think how you just argued against yourself. Like you said the schedule has been set up like that for a long time. And since it has you haven't seen a losing streak at the end of the year. When that is changed now you see one. 

Fact is a year like 2016 he lost all of his games the second half of the year. The only game he could win was against Samford. Fact of the matter is Samford is a lower level school, that's FACT. 

• Like 1

I actually appreciate trying to use this argument though. It just shows how some people can and will manipulate stats to push whatever narrative they want to push

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 4:18 PM, aubaseball said:

Actually the possession you are talking about was great play calls.   The first down call was beautiful.   The receiver was open 5 yards behind the defense and the pass was 10 yards off the mark. The plays called are plays that are made to get points, not to run clock.  It’s the same in the Alabama game.   7,9 or 10 minutes left in the game is not the time to go conservative when only leading by one score.  
Even as bad as Auburn’s Oline is, if Auburn had 5 other SEC quarterbacks playing for Auburn instead of their current team, I would say that three or touchdowns would have completed today .  

True, but what about the fact that the coaches really should have known the QB probably wouldn’t/couldn’t make the throw successfully ….    Classic example of failure to call plays that are realistic.  Therefore, bad play-calling.  

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

The fact that this is the argument being presented is so sad. The next thing they will use is I know you are but what am I

Use your brain and think. It's not woulda coulda. You can literally look at the schedule and see Gus having the same and worse seasons multiple times in his tenure. Nobody but you gives a damn when in the schedule the losses took place.

And then after that think how you just argued against yourself. Like you said the schedule has been set up like that for a long time. And since it has you haven't seen a losing streak at the end of the year. When that is changed now you see one. 

Fact is a year like 2016 he lost all of his games the second half of the year. The only game he could win was against Samford. Fact of the matter is Samford is a lower level school, that's FACT. 

Not matter what u say it didn’t occur. No where during his tenure on the schedule shows 5 straight losses. So u can keep ur theory, hypothesis and assumptions. If u want to do that it could be applied to any schedule.

• Facepalm 2

Straight facts... Gus is gone .. All the weeping and gnasing of teeth won't bring him back, thankfully

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Straight facts... Gus is gone .. All the weeping and gnasing of teeth won't bring him back, thankfully

That’s where the disconnect is nobody is arguing about bringing Gus back. When people are trying to point out things about the season it’s like it’s off limits. No one has said that he should be fired but should have the right to talk about what happened.

Then most of the blame gets put on Gus and that’s when everything goes crazy. At what point does the current coach gets the blame for the state of the program 

Auburn had all these flaws at the start of the season and went 6-2 with everything in front of them. Then the team collapsed and the bulk of the blame gets put on the previous regime. The in game coaching decisions lead to some of those losses. How is that the previous coach fault.

Edited by e808
Typos
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, aubaseball said:

This is just flat out wrong.   It’s not only wrong but clearly biased in a way that slants a narrative that the coach is incompetent.   
Auburn had the ball and Alabama had all three timeouts.   Auburn did exactly what you supposedly wanted them to do in the bowl game.   1st down run.   Alabama timeout.   2nd down run.   Tank goes out of bounds.   3rd down run.   Alabama timeout.   4th down punt.   Now Alabama has the ball 97 yards away and a timeout.    How is that remotely mismanagement of the clock?

you show that you don’t have basic understanding of how that played out in real time.    The coaches can’t tackle Tank to keep him inbounds.    

You need to go back and watch the game.  I did; that is where I got my stats.  Here's a short video to make it easy for you...AL had 2 time outs when we got the ball with 2 minutes.  It was our game to win.  We ran 3 plays and only 15 seconds off the clock and lost because of it...that is fundamental game mismanagement.

AL had 2 time outs when we got the ball with 2 minutes.

Edited by japantiger

8 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s where the disconnect is nobody is arguing about bring Gus back. When people are trying to point out the about the season it’s like it’s off limits. No one has said that he should be fired but should have the right to talk about what happened.

Then most of the blame gets put on Gus and that’s when everything goes crazy. At what point does the current coach gets the blame for the state of the program 

Auburn had all these flaws at the start of the season and went 6-2 with everything in front of them. Then the team collapsed and the bulk of the blame gets out on the previous regime. The in game coaching decisions lead to some of those losses. How is that the previous coach fault.

I dont blame this season on Gus entirely. Later in the year, depth or lack there of shows up. I admit was some questionable play calls. New scheme, needs some pieces on offense. My prob with Gus was trajectory of program. I will say same about Hars in year 3 if things aren't different. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

Lol. But he did have a worse record but you keep on talking about 5 losses. But you need to see that everybody can see thru you trying to use that metric and for what it's worth. You can't then in the future be upset when you're told how something doesn't make sense. 

Some things Harsin can say is he hasn't ever had a 3 win conference season. We can also look at Gus bowl record here. He was 2 for 8. So we can also look at that as far as things that's never happened. 

We can also point out that Gus hasn't ever finished a season here where he played 5 power 5 teams in a row.

• Like 1

Once again Gus record in bowl games are 2-8 but he spread the wins out so you can't say he lost 5 bowl games in a row. So I guess that means that record isn't so bad. Now had he lost 5 games in a row then you'd have room to complain.

Has that ever been done at Auburn before? Is there anybody else with that bad of a bowl record?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again Gus record in bowl games are 2-8 but he spread the wins out so you can't say he lost 5 bowl games in a row. So I guess that means that record isn't so bad. Now had he lost 5 games in a row then you'd have room to complain.

Has that ever been done at Auburn before? Is there anybody else with that bad of a bowl record?

How is he 2-8 in bowl games and was only at Auburn 8 years and didn’t coach last year.

Now u have moved the goal post to bowl records which pretty much don’t mean anything unless u playing for the championship. One thing I have learned once u have disdain for something u will go hell and high water to make sure u get ur point across. Enjoy your day✌🏿

Edited by e808
Typo

29 minutes ago, e808 said:

How is he 2-8 in bowl games and was only at Auburn 8 years and didn’t coach last year.

Now u have moved the goal post to bowl records which pretty much don’t mean anything unless u playing for the championship. One thing I have learned once u have disdain for something u will go hell and high water to make sure u get ur point across. Enjoy your day✌🏿

Two out of 8. I wrote that out in my previous post....I guess you read that but still didn't know what I was saying.....ok

But you are right about one thing you have pretty much stated you see things like one team had 9 wins and the other had 6 and it doesn't matter having a worse record what matters to you is all the losses happening in a row. I don't know why I would have expected you to see the point of his bowl record to show anything about his coaching. People on here are smart, you should think about that.

👌🏿 enjoy yours as well

Edited by cole256

1 hour ago, e808 said:

That’s where the disconnect is nobody is arguing about bringing Gus back. When people are trying to point out things about the season it’s like it’s off limits. No one has said that he should be fired but should have the right to talk about what happened.

Auburn had all these flaws at the start of the season and went 6-2 with everything in front of them. Then the team collapsed and the bulk of the blame gets put on the previous regime. The in game coaching decisions lead to some of those losses. How is that the previous coach fault.

That's right Gus. Are you Mickey's twin brother? Do you guys share a condo? There's only up and down. Black and white. Ones and zeroes. Players are robots. The word context doesn't exist in your dictionary.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

That's right Gus. Are you Mickey's twin brother? Do you guys share a condo? There's only up and down. Black and white. Ones and zeroes. Players are robots. The word context doesn't exist in your dictionary.

Another one 1👍🏿. I thought the conversation was over between Cole and I before u came  in cheering with ur poms poms 

Edited by e808

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

You need to go back and watch the game.  I did; that is where I got my stats.  Here's a short video to make it easy for you...AL had 2 time outs when we got the ball with 2 minutes.  It was our game to win.  We ran 3 plays and only 15 seconds off the clock and lost because of it...that is fundamental game mismanagement.

Actually there were 25 secs taken off the clock. We got with 2 min left, and Alabama got it back w 1:35 on the clock...25 secs.

I am not going to blame the coaches for a bone head deicsion by a veteran RB, who simply got caught in no mans land bouncing it outside. Any time you are trying to eat clock, a RB knows to stay in bounds.  Tank thought he could get the first down, but got to close to the edge to put on the brakes. I've seen it a hundred times in the NFL too. It happens. 

And to me, yes it would have been nice to give the ball back w/ about 35 secs left, but we didn't. But you also have to say the D didn't do it's job. Alabama shouldn't have been able to go 97 yards and no timeouts and score a TD. 

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Actually there were 25 secs taken off the clock. We got with 2 min left, and Alabama got it back w 1:35 on the clock...25 secs.

I am not going to blame the coaches for a bone head deicsion by a veteran RB, who simply got caught in no mans land bouncing it outside. Any time you are trying to eat clock, a RB knows to stay in bounds.  Tank thought he could get the first down, but got to close to the edge to put on the brakes. I've seen it a hundred times in the NFL too. It happens. 

And to me, yes it would have been nice to give the ball back w/ about 35 secs left, but we didn't. But you also have to say the D didn't do it's job. Alabama shouldn't have been able to go 97 yards and no timeouts and score a TD. 

Because I refuse to watch it: did the clock not move again until the ball was snapped after Tank ran out? Because it's supposed to start running again once the ball is set. Or is there an exception if it's two minutes left in each half?

Edited by AUwent

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

Ok, even if they only had two it’s all they needed.   Do you not remember that tank ran out of bounds?   Two is all they needed to keep auburn from running more clock.   That is why I have been saying since the game ended that tank’s play was the wrong thing to do.   People say that he was trying to make a first down, ok, but by the coach calling for a pass play where the receiver is running wide open and the qb fails to deliver even a catchable ball, is that not also trying to win the game?

and you going back and posting a video does not change anything about bad coaching mismanagement.   Again, where is that bad coaching?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

True, but what about the fact that the coaches really should have known the QB probably wouldn’t/couldn’t make the throw successfully ….    Classic example of failure to call plays that are realistic.  Therefore, bad play-calling.  

Horsesh*t!!  You can’t call a football that way.  That’s a loser mentality and you’ve got to give guys chances of making big plays.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Horsesh*t!!  You can’t call a football that way.  That’s a loser mentality and you’ve got to give guys chances of making big plays.  

I certainly agree to an extent.   However, to make a blanket statement that would say that you don’t base play calling on the talent of your team would be pretty irrational though, wouldn’t it? Call a 50 yard bomb for a quarterback that can’t throw 25 yards? You’d be considered a darned fool, right?  Finley is not a very accurate quarterback—never has been- and he has absolutely zero touch—never has. So I think people are upset that we consistently called plays that required  accuracy and touch.  It is my personal opinion that we should have gotten more creative on the playcalling. Again, just my opinion.  In other words the coaches should dial up some plays that they feel confident we can execute.  Low percentage pass after low percentage pass after low percentage pass when we needed one yard for the first down? Disagreeing with that is a loser mentality?

4 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Nope not bad playcalling, you just don't know football bud. Its okay. The dunning-kruger effect gets hard on you Gus apologists

1 hour ago, MaitlandTiger said:

I certainly agree to an extent.   However, to make a blanket statement that would say that you don’t base play calling on the talent of your team would be pretty irrational though, wouldn’t it? Call a 50 yard bomb for a quarterback that can’t throw 25 yards? You’d be considered a darned fool, right?  Finley is not a very accurate quarterback—never has been- and he has absolutely zero touch—never has. So I think people are upset that we consistently called plays that required  accuracy and touch.  It is my personal opinion that we should have gotten more creative on the playcalling. Again, just my opinion.  In other words the coaches should dial up some plays that they feel confident we can execute.  Low percentage pass after low percentage pass after low percentage pass when we needed one yard for the first down? Disagreeing with that is a loser mentality?

The low percentage plays were running into a stacked line on short yardage when we had already been blown up once doing it.

Some of yall really show yalls lack of playing the game at a competitive level when yall post yalls terrible takes.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Didba said:

Some of yall really show yalls lack of playing the game at a competitive level when yall post yalls terrible takes.

If u were on the staff or playing in the league I doubt u would be hanging out in this form giving blanket statements about peoples opinions.  It a discussion forum where people give their opinions. I am pretty sure everyone in here are Auburn fans but have different opinions on threads.

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Didba said:

Nope not bad playcalling, you just don't know football bud. Its okay. The dunning-kruger effect gets hard on you Gus apologists

Since when were you declared the only football expert here? What a sad little man you are trying to bully posters on a football forum.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1