Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Well that's a little bit different IMO. Respectfully, no football team should ever have less than 3 playable QBs. Ever. It's too important and too commonplace for QBs to be injured. 

They brought in a transfer QB. What else could they do? I assume they had a third that was playable, but didn't think he was better than TJ, who made a couple nice plays during OT. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Hey don't you know? It's all just execution!!!

The Coxcat should have been a touchdown every time! Chandler just didn't execute!

You just proved the opposite point. The Coxcat was clearly a bad playcall. Nothing against Houston looked anything like that. 

I enjoyed those 5 minutes where we got along haha. 

• Haha 1

Watching UT and Purdue. Don't care at all who wins. Officiating sucks in that game, also, so take that all you pro stripe guys! One othe observation. Nobody is negative at this point if AU has the QB on either team.

Well. With 2 or 3 exceptions.

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The Coxcat should have been a touchdown every time! Chandler just didn't execute!

It was bad then and still bad now

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

So if anyone was curious what an example of a strawman argument is, the above quote is one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Yeah. People definitely see Houston and Cincinnati as the same. 

Top 20 team that fished 11-2 and ranked higher than all but three SEC teams. I dont think there’s much shame in the loss of a meaningless game to a good team but obviously you do. I’m sorry it’s got you so upset…

• Like 1

Just now, Didba said:

So if anyone was curious what an example of a strawman argument is, the above quote is one.

Chandler had about the same odds of success in the wildcat as TJ did on those deep balls.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Top 20 team that fished 11-2 and ranked higher than all but three SEC teams. I dont think there’s much shame in the loss of a meaningless game to a good team but obviously you do. I’m sorry it’s got you so upset…

Yeah. Just wait until next year if we finish 6-7 again or worse. We'll see if I'm the only one who cares about losing records and losing bowl games.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Watching UT and Purdue. Don't care at all who wins. Officiating sucks in that game, also, so take that all you pro stripe guys! One othe observation. Nobody is negative at this point if AU has the QB on either team.

Well. With 2 or 3 exceptions.

May be the two worst tackling teams in history…

• Like 1

Chandler had about the same odds of success in the wildcat as TJ did on those deep balls.

We had been discussing the two passes two end the game, correct?

Anyways no matter which plays you are referring to it's still a strawman.

Yeah. Just wait until next year if we finish 6-7 again or worse. We'll see if I'm the only one who cares about losing records and losing bowl games.

Glad you’re getting early preparation in…

• Haha 1

Just now, Didba said:

We had been discussing the two passes two end the game, correct?

Anyways no matter which plays you are referring to it's still a strawman.

As I said before, I think the 2 bombs were more crucial and harder to forgive. The passes at the end, I knew we had already lost because TJ couldn't take us the length of the field. So they don't matter as much. 

Just now, AUght2win said:

If we're gonna give a coach a chance, he has  to have one more year at an absolute minimum, and I don't know how to debate anyone that thinks differently. I pointed out two low hanging fruit coaches you would have already fired in a previous post. Dabo and Bear Bryant. There are many more. However, if we need to fire a coach, whether Harsin, Tubberville, or Dye, we will. Let's just let the guy have a chance, Dude. 

5 minutes ago, tomcat said:

May be the two worst tackling teams in history…

That tightend TD was abysmal tackling

• Like 1

You wanna talk about bad playcalling, Tennessee's last two play calls were as bad as the cox cat

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

If we're gonna give a coach a chance, he has  to have one more year at an absolute minimum, and I don't know how to debate anyone that thinks differently. I pointed out two low hanging fruit coaches you would have already fired in a previous post. Dabo and Bear Bryant. There are many more. However, if we need to fire a coach, whether Harsin, Tubberville, or Dye, we will. Let's just let the guy have a chance, Dude. 

I agree! But going into year 3, the seat will be red hot. So what will CBH have to do in that 3rd year to survive? Win 10? Beat Bama or UGA or both? 

Look, the reality is Auburn has only had consecutive losing seasons like 3 times in the past 70 years. And none of those times were like today, with outrageous salaries and the SEC standard being raised to where it is.

You have to win now, whether you or I like it or not. CBH can't dig too deep a hole while building the foundation. Just isn't going to be accepted by the fans. 

12 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I understand what u are trying to say but Dabo wasn’t coaching a team stuck between to juggernauts that he had to play every year. One being the state school and constantly playing for championship. Bear Bryant was a completely different time and era. With new teams coming not sure how much patience will be tolerated 

40 minutes ago, cbo said:

You just proved the opposite point. The Coxcat was clearly a bad playcall. Nothing against Houston looked anything like that. 

I enjoyed those 5 minutes where we got along haha. 

That's what is so silly. "Oh Coxcat was clearly bad. But dialing up bombs from TJ in a crucial spot, when he couldn't even throw a basic out route or swing routes, is different."

Maybe we have different standards for QB play. TJ's performance was about as bad as I've seen from a guy at that position, ever.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I'm still passed about not going for 2 after our first overtime TD in the Iron bowl for the win.

If I could change one call this season, that's the one. 

• Love 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

That's what is so silly. "Oh Coxcat was clearly bad. But dialing up bombs from TJ in a crucial spot, when he couldn't even throw a basic out route or swing routes, is different."

Maybe we have different standards for QB play. TJ's performance was about as bad as I've seen from a guy at that position, ever.

This is where I'm not sure you're even trying to hear me. Coxcat was bad because it is a terrible play design that has never worked in the history of college football, executed by someone with no physical skills to pull it off, with many better personnel options available.

TJ's two passes were standard football plays that caught the D off guard and would have resulted in huge gains with basic execution. They were executed by the best player available. TJ was bad yesterday. But he has a strong arm and sometimes makes great throws. Even in the very game we are discussing. 

They aren't even close to the same. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

This is where I'm not sure you're even trying to hear me. Coxcat was bad because it is a terrible play design that has never worked in the history of college football, executed by someone with no physical skills to pull it off, with many better personnel options available.

TJ's two passes were standard football plays that caught the D off guard and would have resulted in huge gains with basic execution. They were executed by the best player available. TJ was bad yesterday. But he has a strong arm and sometimes makes great throws. Even in the very game we are discussing. 

They aren't even close to the same. 

I definitely agree Coxcat was worse for the reasons you say. But quoting you, I don't think TJ had the physical skills to complete those passes.

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I definitely agree Coxcat was worse for the reasons you say. But quoting you, I don't think TJ had the physical skills to complete those passes.

I'll just say TJ had a better chance of executing a successful play than Cox. The play was there and he was the QB available. You can't run the ball every play. I'll leave it at that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Oh no. Bo nix against South c. Bo against miss st one of those years....I think second year. Bo nix against Florida. You've seen worst games. Recently.

TJ played bad, but if you believed in Bo you can believe tj can get better over the off-season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh no. Bo nix against South c. Bo against miss st one of those years....I think second year. Bo nix against Florida. You've seen worst games. Recently.

TJ played bad, but if you believed in Bo you can believe tj can get better over the off-season

Bo has played statistically worse games, but he always had his legs. TJ is a pure pocket passer that legit looked like he had the yips against Houston. The throw to Shed 5 yards away over the middle, it looked like his arm hitched mid throw, and the ball was short. Same with some of the swing passes to Tank. These are backyard throws.

I think his confidence may be shattered. Maybe that *can* get fixed. If that isn't the case, it may be he's just not accurate.