Are we ready to admit

AUght2win

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I was passive aggressive, uh, I mean vague intentionally as I don't actually wish to have that conversation here.

But I do believe there was a path to Bo staying that Harsin chose not to take.

Might have something to do with the rumors that Nix and Co. made demands for assurances from Harsin in that meeting and Harsin wouldn't give any?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

100 percent. And yet we have folks saying if we just get a phenomenal o-line it will suddenly be a "prolific" offense. It will not be that. Sure, if we get a powerhouse o line and a gun slinging bad ass qb we will have a better than average offense but the scheme and play calling was very pedestrian imo.

Dude, the scheme is better than anything that Gus ever drew up at Auburn. It directly translates to the NFL.  We actually have a complex route tree now and use multiple different personnel sets. Tightends actually run routes tightends will run in the NFL.

Saying the scheme is pedestrian shows that you really know nothing of scheme. Playcalling under Bobo was definitely bad but Harsin's playcalling in Houston was pretty good. Had a couple questionable ones but overall it was fine.

I love it when people on here post stuff like this about scheme because it puts me on notice to disregard their opinions on most other football related posts.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dude, the scheme is better than anything that Gus ever drew up at Auburn. It directly translates to the NFL.  We actually have a complex route tree now and use multiple different personnel sets. Tightends actually run routes tightends will run in the NFL.

Saying the scheme is pedestrian shows that you really know nothing of scheme. Playcalling under Bobo was definitely bad but Harsin's playcalling in Houston was pretty good. Had a couple questionable ones but overall it was fine.

I love it when people on here post stuff like this about scheme because it puts me on notice to disregard their opinions on most other football related posts.

Dude we finished 68th in offense this year. Is there anything more to be said after that stat? No, no there's nothing more to be said. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Dude we finished 68th in offense this year. Is there anything more to be said after that stat? No, no there's nothing more to be said. 

That has nothing to do with the scheme and everything to do with Gus's inability to recruit Oline and develop/scout QBs.  Also Bobo's atrocious playcalling. 

This shows even further that you really don't understand the differences in scheme between Gus's and Harsin's offense.  The fact that you think that stat actually supports Harsin's scheme being pedestrian is just confusing.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

That has nothing to do with the scheme and everything to do with Gus's inability to recruit Oline and develop/scout QBs.  Also Bobo's atrocious playcalling. 

This shows even further you know nothing about scheme or football. The fact that you think that actually supports your position is hilarious, sad, and telling.

Haha you're hilarious man. I'll see you and those fabulous route trees this time next year. Have a good 2022 Didba

8 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Haha you're hilarious man. I'll see you and those fabulous route trees this time next year. Have a good 2022 Didba

I'd like to hear you break down what makes Harsin's scheme so pedestrian?  You call it pedestrian but actually speak to what you think makes it pedestrian. I've listed some things that I believe makes it not pedestrian. 

Show me your understanding of scheme and prove me wrong please.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

I'd like to hear you break down what makes Harsin's scheme so pedestrian?  You call it pedestrian but actually speak to what you think makes it pedestrian. I've listed some things that I believe makes it not pedestrian. 

Show me your understanding of scheme and prove me wrong please.

Well first off I said this can be a slightly better than average offensive scheme if we get a phenomenal gun slinger and a stout o-line but that it would not be prolific because it is a pedestrian offense. Is it Bobo's is it harsin's scheme idk I assumed it was Bobo's and hoped Harsin would have something more dynamic for us in 2022. 

There is nothing unique about this offense, it's a prostyle offense that doesn't cater to our teams roster whatsoever. It's Bobo at Georgia 2.0 

Are there route trees yes, are there two tight end sets, yep. Big deal. 

We are not built for pro style play and won't be in the next two years so I'd rather see us with a different scheme. Now, for the sake of intellectual honesty, I've stated in another thread that I don't know who or what that looks like but for me, watching this team get shut down on offense for much of the year I have concluded that is a basic pedestrian offense and that is why you saw the OC get fired. On to 2022 and what is hopefully a different offensive scheme. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Well first off I said this can be a slightly better than average offensive scheme if we get a phenomenal gun slinger and a stout o-line but that it would not be prolific because it is a pedestrian offense. Is it Bobo's is it harsin's scheme idk I assumed it was Bobo's and hoped Harsin would have something more dynamic for us in 2022. 

There is nothing unique about this offense, it's a prostyle offense that doesn't cater to our teams roster whatsoever. It's Bobo at Georgia 2.0 

We are not built for pro style play and won't be in the next two years so I'd rather see us with a different scheme. Now, for the sake of intellectual honesty, I've stated in another thread that I don't know who or what that looks like but for me, watching this team get shut down on offense for much of the year I have concluded that is a basic pedestrian offense and that is why you saw the OC get fired. On to 2022 and what is hopefully a different offensive scheme. 

I don't necessarily agree with this 100% but it is reasonable and does have some good points so I apologize for what I said earlier and I appreciate you writing this up.

I agree we are not suited for Harsin's ideal scheme right now bc it is drastically different from what Gus recruited for but I think there is alot of talent that could be morphed into fitting the scheme with some good development, and I truly believe we have the coaches to develop these players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Didba said:

I don't necessarily agree with this 100% but it is reasonable and does have some good points so I apologize for what I said earlier and I appreciate you writing this up.

I agree we are not suited for Harsin's ideal scheme right now bc it is drastically different from what Gus recruited for but I think there is alot of talent that could be morphed into fitting the scheme with some good development, and I truly believe we have the coaches to develop these players. 

Thank you sir and yeah I'm definitely not well versed in offensive schematics but I appreciate your response and agree with a lot you have said. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

We literally left ~4 touchdowns on the field on overthrows in the Birmingham bowl. It's a talent issue, not a scheme issue. 

Hope so. I just want to be rolling toomers corner w my kids a few more times then we got too last season. I'm excited for the incoming qb (or possibly d davis). javarris Johnson was a bright spot also at wr. We've got the defensive side of things on point for the most part. 

15 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Thank you sir and yeah I'm definitely not well versed in offensive schematics but I appreciate your response and agree with a lot you have said. 

Sometimes I get too aggressive on here with my arguments and that was the case earlier.  I think its a byproduct of my argumentative tactics learned in law school these past three years, bleeding over into the forums.  It's unnecessary and just too much for this forum, you guys aren't opposing counsel in the court room, we are all Auburn fans here. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Sometimes I get too aggressive on here with my arguments and that was the case earlier.  I think its a byproduct of my argumentative tactics learned in law school these past three years, bleeding over into the forums.  It's unnecessary and just too much for this forum, you guys aren't opposing counsel in the court room, we are all Auburn fans here. 

Naw you seem to make good sound arguments often around here. It's been a tumultuous two years for us all specific to AU football and I've lashed out a ton but we will get the ball rolling in our favor again soon enough. Good luck in litigating. War eagle!

• Like 2

Put things into perspective UCF ranked 1 spot ahead of us in total offense this year in a far weaker conference. Anyone with any amount of football IQ would tell you there was more than enough points left on the field this year.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cbo said:

28 pages and still no one is willing to admit anything! 

I admit I've chuckled a good bit throughout the thread

56 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

Did you watch the Rose Bowl today?

The Utah scheme is very similar to Harsin's.  That's what we're building towards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

The Utah scheme is very similar to Harsin's.  That's what we're building towards.

Yeah, but they lost! 😁

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I didn't but Utah is a tough opponent year in and year out it seems. I'll have to check out some of that games highlights here in a few minutes. Thanks!

• Like 1

Just now, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

I didn't but Utah is a tough opponent year in and year out it seems. I'll have to check out some of that games highlights here in a few minutes. Thanks!

You should.  Go look at the Pac 12 title game too.

I watched the game. If that’s the offense he is trying to run even moreso DD should get a shot or a more mobile QB is needed. That QB had wheels. 

Edited by e808