New QB Zach Calzada

Tony4AU

19 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

My freaking Nephew got me listening to Kiss. I was, and still am, a Beatles fanatic. That's OLD. 

Daughter ask Dad ….Was Paul McCartney in a band before Wings? …..Son asks WHO is Paul McCartney???  Now THAT is old. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, fredst said:

I was always an Ace Frehley guy- nothing subtle about KISS but he seemed the most low key, probably because he was drunk, lol

I'm pretty sure it was the Spaceman, but I remember a RnR HOF induction when he got to the podium to speak, pulled out a piece of paper, then admitted he was going to have to wing it because he got drunk backstage and lost his readers.

WDE!

31 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Daughter ask Dad ….Was Paul McCartney in a band before Wings? …..Son asks WHO is Paul McCartney???  Now THAT is old. 

Several years ago Beck, McCartney and Dave Grohl were turned away from a rapper's Grammys afterparty (I don't mean to be dismissive, I just don't recall who it was...Lil Bow Wow, maybe).  The three were a little surprised they couldn't slide in even though they weren't on the list, but they were good sports.  Paul jokingly asked the doorman, "Just how VIP does someone need to be to get inside?"  Then suggested to the other two that maybe one more hit record between them might have tipped the scale.  Afterwards, when people were legitimately asking WTH, the host defended the decision, saying something like, "Party's for a new generation."

WDE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, MadtownTiger said:

I'm pretty sure it was the Spaceman, but I remember a RnR HOF induction when he got to the podium to speak, pulled out a piece of paper, then admitted he was going to have to wing it because he got drunk backstage and lost his readers.

WDE!

Actually Ace came up to the podium and said "I have a speech written but these aren't prescription so I can't read it." He was referring to the sunglasses he had on not being prescription. Never mentioned anything about getting drunk backstage. He had been sober at that time (2014) for quiet some time. I'm a Kiss fan but even bigger Ace fan.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Actually Ace came up to the podium and said "I have a speech written but these aren't prescription so I can't read it." He was referring to the sunglasses he had on not being prescription. Never mentioned anything about getting drunk backstage. He had been sober at that time (2014) for quiet some time. I'm a Kiss fan but even bigger Ace fan.  

Thanks for the correction.

I'm just happy I got the player/band right.

WDE!

On 1/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, fredst said:

I was always an Ace Frehley guy- nothing subtle about KISS but he seemed the most low key, probably because he was drunk, lol

I’m an Ace fan as well! He’s still touring and putting out new records. 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2022 at 12:31 PM, WarTim said:

Got Kiss Destroyer 45th Anniversary for Christmas. And yes I am THAT old. 

😎 COOL!

Destroyer was the first album that ever bought. Got it at Bargain town in ‘76. I was eight years old 👍

I bought everyone of their albums up until Ace left the band.

I saw them live at the BJCC in 77/78(Alive 2 tour) and again at the BJCC in ‘96

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

18 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Me to 👍 

Hes been sober since 2011 I believe. He hasn’t drank since he played God of Thunder with Slash. 

Edited by Bro Johnny Mac

On 1/8/2022 at 7:05 PM, WarTim said:

Geez, time to introduce them to some great music, start with A Hard Day's Night or Rubber Soul

41 minutes ago, Didba said:

Geez, time to introduce them to some great music, start with A Hard Day's Night or Rubber Soul

Sgt Peppers or Sir Paul’s Band on the Run

1 minute ago, WarTim said:

Sgt Peppers or Sir Paul’s Band on the Run

I think you misunderstood. I like to introduce people to the Beatles in chronological order, starting with their earlier stuff Like A Hard Day's Night or Rubber Soul then working forward all the way to Let It Be. Lets them see the progression of writing and style.  Best on a long road trip.  I wasn't saying that those were their better albums.

• Like 1

Interesting Read on Calzada....

Wonder if a different offense w/ RPO/Screens might make him a little bit better of an intermediate type passer