New QB Zach Calzada

Tony4AU

26 minutes ago, toddc said:

Love some Steely Dan! Crispest sound ever, and if you ever get to watch a documentary on the recording of Aja you’ll know why. Those dudes were anal to a fault in getting the recording perfect.

Oh trust me my man, my buddies and I have watched that doc on repeat along with several other docs on SD, Bernard Purdie, Jeff Porcaro, etc. while we take a break from jamming in ole dude's garage studio.  One nice thing about modern recording equipment: we use a normal computer for 85% of things we do so when we are taking a break its easy to throw stuff up to watch.

We even attempt to cover some SD songs off of their earlier albums... easier said than done.  Some complex arrangements and I'm no Larry Carlton

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I've been to over 400 concerts but never saw The Doobies tried to a few times but just work it out. My lost....as for Steely Dam saw them 3 times great concerts 

Tangent here — Anybody see the “What’s Happening?” episode when Rerun is talked into illegally recording The Doobies in concert?  

Yes, this random, but I basically had a flashback to my early childhood.  My wife is questioning my sanity and doesn’t believe me, but I remember.  I think.  🤔 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Tangent here — Anybody see the “What’s Happening?” episode when Rerun is talked into illegally recording The Doobies in concert?  

Yes, this random, but I basically had a flashback to my early childhood.  My wife is questioning my sanity and doesn’t believe me, but I remember.  I think.  🤔 

You mean this?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/40-years-ago-doobie-brothers-whats-happening-episode-preached-evils-bootlegging-joys-racial-harmony-182354292.html

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

This proves it: you can truly find *anything* on the internet with a decent search engine

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

This proves it: you can truly find *anything* on the internet with a decent search engine

Should I stop using AltaVista? 🤷‍♂️

11 hours ago, aubcali said:

Wow never in my life did I think we would ever get a Rerun reference as well as "What's Happening" the little sister was the smart one imo

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Didba said:

Oh trust me my man, my buddies and I have watched that doc on repeat along with several other docs on SD, Bernard Purdie, Jeff Porcaro, etc. while we take a break from jamming in ole dude's garage studio.  One nice thing about modern recording equipment: we use a normal computer for 85% of things we do so when we are taking a break its easy to throw stuff up to watch.

We even attempt to cover some SD songs off of their earlier albums... easier said than done.  Some complex arrangements and I'm no Larry Carlton

I still like the analog recording over the digital stuff today, even though it’s technically harder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I still like the analog recording over the digital stuff today, even though it’s technically harder. 

I’ve heard a lot of musicians (way more talented than me) say that vinyls are better than modern music recordings  because you hear exactly how the music was played in the studio. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow never in my life did I think we would ever get a Rerun reference as well as "What's Happening" the little sister was the smart one imo

Dee Whats Happening GIF - Dee Whats Happening Sisters - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, toddc said:

Oh no doubt, we just work with what we have access to, and plus with the software my buddy has he can make his keyboard sound like basically any instrument. expensive because you buy the license to masters of the instruments but man does it sound good. Never fake drums or a drum machine. hate that sound. gotta have the real thing.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’ve heard a lot of musicians (way more talented than me) say that vinyls are better than modern music recordings  because you hear exactly how the music was played in the studio. 

I may or may not have an ever expanding vinyl collection

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

I may or may not have an ever expanding vinyl collection

Got Kiss Destroyer 45th Anniversary for Christmas. And yes I am THAT old. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Part of the Army back in the day?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Beth I know your lonely,

And I hope you'll be alright

'Cause, me and the boys will be playing all night.

The softer side of them...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Beth I know your lonely,

And I hope you'll be alright

'Cause, me and the boys will be playing all night.

The softer side of them...

I was always an Ace Frehley guy- nothing subtle about KISS but he seemed the most low key, probably because he was drunk, lol

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2

Attended my 14th Kiss concert in ‘19. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WarTim said:

Do you still have that 30 cm laserdisc of the original Total Recall?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Attended my 14th Kiss concert in ‘19. 

My first concert was Kiss at the BJCC in 1977. Seen then 5 more times since then. Still have the poster I bought at that first concert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

If I am not mistaken, she went to Tuskegee and became a Veterinarian. 

52 minutes ago, WVR said:

My first concert was Kiss at the BJCC in 1977. Seen then 5 more times since then. Still have the poster I bought at that first concert.

I was there. Paul Stanley is one of the all time great front men in history 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fredst said:

My freaking Nephew got me listening to Kiss. I was, and still am, a Beatles fanatic. That's OLD. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2