Depth

LPTiger

Oh and @abw0004 you play zep to set a defensive tone, and to have some that will facilitate, and establish a pace. 

I apologize that my answer is more arrogant

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Oh and @abw0004 you play zep to set a defensive tone, and to have some that will facilitate, and establish a pace. 

I apologize that my answer is more arrogant

What about Jabari?  Have teams caught on how to defend him?  Will this affect his draft stock?

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

What about Jabari?  Have teams caught on how to defend him?  Will this affect his draft stock?

It's a variable of many things, it's the individual match up, yes there has been more film on him so he'll have to have some counters to his shown tendencies, most freshmen hit a little wall around this time, and also we are still unpredictable. He's not getting a steady number of touches. He doesn't get as many easy shots poured into him as some others may get. I haven't looked at our stats but I'd be surprised if we had anybody average 5 assists. This problem probably won't get exploited until the NCAA tournament. Maybe in the SEC.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's a variable of many things, it's the individual match up, yes there has been more film on him so he'll have to have some counters to his shown tendencies, most freshmen hit a little wall around this time, and also we are still unpredictable. He's not getting a steady number of touches. He doesn't get as many easy shots poured into him as some others may get. I haven't looked at our stats but I'd be surprised if we had anybody average 5 assists. This problem probably won't get exploited until the NCAA tournament. Maybe in the SEC.

As I posted earlier in this thread, Wen averages 4.8 on the season and has averaged 5.1 in SEC play. 

Just now, JwgreDeux said:

As I posted earlier in this thread, Wen averages 4.8 on the season and has averaged 5.1 in SEC play. 

Ok

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok

Every other guard is less than 2 in league play, which is obviously a problem. 

So as sure as my name is Cole in one of the tournaments one team will double Smith and tell everybody else to beat us and we should pass that pretty well then another team will match up zone us, slow the pace to a snail if possible and say we have to shoot over them.

Now when that happens we'll need Smith and Kessler to make sound decisions when their hands hit the ball and we'll need somebody to have a decent hot hand. 

And lastly the part that scares me we'll need our guards to be patient and confident with the ball and they won't be getting all the way to the rim. They have to look two plays ahead and be smart with a skip pass. Be smart and get the ball to Smith in that high free throw area. They'll have to handle the ball and not necessarily just think score but think score for their brother.

I'm sure BP will have them informed, I just haven't seen good possessions where we have our ball handler dribbling and everything is calm. 

Take for instance the end of the bammer game, they got frantic and they were lost. I'm just scared for the wrong match up get us in that situation. But I'm like that tourney time. I have been in and I have seen some wild stuff

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Bingo

11 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

You and Cole are both on track with assists from the guards.  I would also like to talk about assists in a different way. When Zep is on the floor he seems to be better and getting the ball moving so while not getting assists ball movement gets open shots.  Green's assists almost always comes off of his driving and often ends in an alley oop for Kessler which is great and which is why in SEC Play the pick and roll has improved and his assists have gone up.  

It is the type assists we are not getting that bothers me. When Kessler or Jabari or Williams get open down low and no pass comes or we wait to long to pass so there is an easy double team.  Not all of the blame goes to the guards sometimes they get it down low to Kessler and he is indecisive so eventually passes it out. When he catches and makes an immediate move he has been very effective also if he could add a little fall away jump off the board at 7'1" he would be very dangerous but it has to be quick, muscle memory quick not think about it and do it then it to late.

Now handle issues Jabari is not good enough on a regular basis to split two defenders part of that is his height it is easier for a 6' guard to split two defenders because of how low the ball is.  Also Jabari has games where he is assertive and other games where he is not some of that is on him some is on the guards. Wendel and KD especially but sometimes Jasper over dribble and we don't get good ball movement when they do that the other players stop moving and we end up with a late contested 3 that has to improve when we get to SEC tourney and the big dance. Unlike others I don't think we need to lose a game to get our heads right I think Mizzo and Georgia game should have been wake up calls. We will see against Arky who is hot. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Right we can go back to you NEVER talking to me but you randomly decided to today while chastising me for not listening to you as if you acknowledged anything I said. Like I said you baited and got somebody who biased already had be blocked to co sign you and he admitted to coming into the middle of that interaction as well.

But dude has friends where he can do what he wants. He really bullied me but you guys came to his defense. Hilarious But I'm out, you FEEL like I'm arrogant when I post

So you didn't say anything about being bullied, huh? Want to try that one again?

@cole256 You're going to mess around and piss me off enough to make me devote the next couple of hours of tearing your arguments to shreds. All I'm asking for is that you at least admit that you can be somewhat obstinate about your opinion as it relates to the opinions of others. That's not a characteristic you, alone, have. Hell, I do that, even without trying to. But you keep putting yourself in this position of moral superiority, like everything that everyone is saying is utter BS and some kind of unrighteous witch hunt, and you're completely above doing anything like what has been done to you. It's getting old really, really quickly.

• Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

@cole256 You're going to mess around and piss me off enough to make me devote the next couple of hours of tearing your arguments to shreds. All I'm asking for is that you at least admit that you can be somewhat obstinate about your opinion as it relates to the opinions of others. That's not a characteristic you, alone, have. Hell, I do that, even without trying to. But you keep putting yourself in this position of moral superiority, like everything that everyone is saying is utter BS and some kind of unrighteous witch hunt, and you're completely above doing anything like what has been done to you. It's getting old really, really quickly.

Man get real. You not tearing ANYTHING I say to shreds because what I said is factual. But anyway once again this is a bunch of how you FEEL. 

You not listening you're just talking as if you're some authority or something. If you wanted to have a conversation I was more than willing but you just want to talk and nobody say anything back. That was NEVER going to happen.

As far as admitting whatever, that's actually what my overall point was, we ALL do the same but for whatever reason you guys want to fuss at me. We ALL have egos that's why everybody is talking. 

I can't help that you FEEL like I feel that I'm superior, the one thing I can say is you have never seen me actually say that. I feel like you think you're superior....now what?

And everybody had moved on and you started this back up to try to make a point you don't have.

You admit your flaws, you admit stuff you did wrong. Lead by example if that's what you want. You have always acted like that and that's why I don't even talk to you in the first place

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

So you didn't say anything about being bullied, huh? Want to try that one again?

What are you even talking about? Lol all the stuff I said that's what you had to try to go at? Ok

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You admit your flaws, you admit stuff you did wrong. Lead by example if that's what you want. You have always acted like that and that's why I don't even talk to you in the first place

This is completely nonsensical, as I have admitted at least a couple of times in this thread what some of my flaws are, which means I AM leading by example...

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What are you even talking about? Lol all the stuff I said that's what you had to try to go at? Ok

You said you hadn't said anything that I accused you of, and that was the easiest tidbit to call forth to prove you wrong. You may have avoided making blatant accusations, but you sure have strongly hinted that anyone disagreeing with you is just wrong, and I've not seen you go back and apologize for being overly zealous with your commentary even once.

In other words, you believe you are always 100% above board, and anyone who calls you to the carpet "is just in their FEELS." I provided you with a concrete example of you doing exactly what I said you did, and you poo poo it away as if it doesn't matter. Jeez. You have a really high opinion of yourself.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Okay, now on to why I original came on this thread.  @cole256/ @JwgreDeux why do you believe Wendell Greene is not starting over Zep Jasper?

Also, I feel like opposing teams have figured out Jabari Smith, Jr.  I feel like his slump may continue because of this and hurt his draft stock.  Do you agree or no?  Right now I feel like Kessler is our best player.

I'm neither of those two but couldn't help but weigh in on this one. The reason why I said even when Wendell started to score lots of points he still would come off the bench. 

Zep is very efficient within those first 4-5 minutes of the game and sets the tone on defense very early. Green is akin to that change of pace RB who you bring in when the defense is tired ala Tank then Shivers. Same concept. We know Zep isn't going to score a lot of points but he will make the opposing offense work for everything they get while he's on the floor. Then Green is able to come in and push the pace a little. Also, Wendell has a tendency to turn the ball over, even though he has gotten better. Green is obviously a better facilitator but I think Zep gets the ball moving on the perimeter much more than Wendell does. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

This is completely nonsensical, as I have admitted at least a couple of times in this thread what some of my flaws are, which means I AM leading by example...

You said you hadn't said anything that I accused you of, and that was the easiest tidbit to call forth to prove you wrong. You may have avoided making blatant accusations, but you sure have strongly hinted that anyone disagreeing with you is just wrong, and I've not seen you go back and apologize for being overly zealous with your commentary even once.

In other words, you believe you are always 100% above board, and anyone who calls you to the carpet "is just in their FEELS." I provided you with a concrete example of you doing exactly what I said you did, and you poo poo it away as if it doesn't matter. Jeez. You have a really high opinion of yourself.

This is a clown show. Yummy made 3 paragraphs saying things like so you are inherently saying this and I point out that all of the stuff you feel isn't me saying it and the only thing you could get was that little sentence that was buried in, and you think you're supposed to get kudos for that? Wow.

Point out one of your accusations. Point out where I'm always above. Point out your post saying what you believe and then show mine and show the difference.

And the entire you think everything you say is stuff is so stupid. EVERYBODY does. That's why we post. Who posts anything and say I know this is wrong but I'm going to say it anyway!

I post what I believe if somebody disagree I then post if I agree with them or not then I explain why. That's it. You can't say I do anything different than that. If nobody disrespects me I don't disrespect them. Period. 

And you trying to convolute me saying you say I think I'm better than everybody with me saying I didn't say one thought out of five that I actually didn't say is a weasel move. You're desperate. 

And apologize? Lol you want me to apologize while you won't even acknowledge anything I say? Man go to sleep or go find somebody to play with. 

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU FEEL

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is a clown show. Yummy made 3 paragraphs saying things like so you are inherently saying this and I point out that all of the stuff you feel isn't me saying it and the only thing you could get was that little sentence that was buried in, and you think you're supposed to get kudos for that? Wow.

Point out one of your accusations. Point out where I'm always above. Point out your post saying what you believe and then show mine and show the difference.

And the entire you think everything you say is stuff is so stupid. EVERYBODY does. That's why we post. Who posts anything and say I know this is wrong but I'm going to say it anyway!

I post what I believe if somebody disagree I then post if I agree with them or not then I explain why. That's it. You can't say I do anything different than that. If nobody disrespects me I don't disrespect them. Period. 

And you trying to convolute me saying you say I think I'm better than everybody with me saying I didn't say one thought out of five that I actually didn't say is a weasel move. You're desperate. 

And apologize? Lol you want me to apologize while you won't even acknowledge anything I say? Man go to sleep or go find somebody to play with. 

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU FEEL

You sure are hung up on how everyone who disagrees with you is just "in their feels" while you are just spitting pure facts. Then, when someone comes with hard data to support their argument, you rationalize it away as if it's just a statistical anomaly, that when the chips are down YOU will be proven right and EVERYONE ELSE will be saying the same thing you said before without giving you credit for having been right.

Come to think of it, you sure do have a hang up on being right. You never admit you were wrong. You never admit to saying anything in a way that could be misinterpreted as wrong (unless, of course, we're just "in our feels" and commenting emotionally). You place yourself on this perch above everyone else, and then act like that's what everyone else does, too, so it's alright for you to do it.

But you know what? You're not worth the effort. You're a legend in your own mind, and far be it for me to tear down that mentality. It might actually have a detrimental effect upon your real life, and I'm not looking to do that. I just want you to look in the mirror every once in a while and see if maybe there are flaws there that you aren't seeing.

But that's okay. I can ignore you. Most of the rest of the board knows what you are, and pay attention to you (or not) accordingly. Good luck convincing anyone who matters that you know as much about basketball as you think you do.

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You sure are hung up on how everyone who disagrees with you is just "in their feels" while you are just spitting pure facts. Then, when someone comes with hard data to support their argument, you rationalize it away as if it's just a statistical anomaly, that when the chips are down YOU will be proven right and EVERYONE ELSE will be saying the same thing you said before without giving you credit for having been right.

Come to think of it, you sure do have a hang up on being right. You never admit you were wrong. You never admit to saying anything in a way that could be misinterpreted as wrong (unless, of course, we're just "in our feels" and commenting emotionally). You place yourself on this perch above everyone else, and then act like that's what everyone else does, too, so it's alright for you to do it.

But you know what? You're not worth the effort. You're a legend in your own mind, and far be it for me to tear down that mentality. It might actually have a detrimental effect upon your real life, and I'm not looking to do that. I just want you to look in the mirror every once in a while and see if maybe there are flaws there that you aren't seeing.

But that's okay. I can ignore you. Most of the rest of the board knows what you are, and pay attention to you (or not) accordingly. Good luck convincing anyone who matters that you know as much about basketball as you think you do.

So you COULDN'T actually find that. Cool so like o said let's just continue doing what we've been doing, you think I'm a legend in my mind I think you offer absolutely nothing ever. 

Lol at hard data. You have talked for 3 pages and have no data to the stuff you say

You keep saying everyone when I'm talking to you directlybecause you want help. No I said you go by what you feel not that you are in your feels. That's two different statements and meanings. You shouldn't quote something that wasn't said. Details matter and that's how arguments start when things are taken out of context or misquoted entirely. 

I said you go off your feelings because you keep saying over and over you feel like I think this or that but you haven't actually read me say that. You go off what you think I'm saying. 

There's no need to ignore me because I never talked to you, there's no need. And you're kidding yourself if you think you are some well liked person on this board. Most of the board knows exactly what you are. You showed yourself today

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So you COULDN'T actually find that. Cool so like o said let's just continue doing what we've been doing, you think I'm a legend in my mind I think you offer absolutely nothing ever. 

Lol at hard data. You have talked for 3 pages and have no data to the stuff you say

You keep saying everyone when I'm talking to you directlybecause you want help. No I said you go by what you feel not that you are in your feels. That's two different statements and meanings. You shouldn't quote something that wasn't said. Details matter and that's how arguments start when things are taken out of context or misquoted entirely. 

I said you go off your feelings because you keep saying over and over you feel like I think this or that but you haven't actually read me say that. You go off what you think I'm saying. 

There's no need to ignore me because I never talked to you, there's no need. And you're kidding yourself if you think you are some well liked person on this board. Most of the board knows exactly what you are. You showed yourself today

The piece I did pull, you ignored, but I wasn't talking about my own statistical analysis, I was talking about that of someone else that you poo pooed away.

And for the record, saying that it "seems" like you're saying something is not the same as saying it "feels" like you're saying something. I'm sorry that you feel that's the case.

Kinda funny that you used the same tactic I just used, about the board knowing who and what you are. I'm a writer and a mathematician, not a sports expert. You seem to pride yourself on being a basketball expert...who refuses to acknowledge that anyone else has insight besides you, unless it agrees with your insight.

But whatever. We're done. You're free to think whatever you want to think about me. I'm going to eat my birthday supper and hope Auburn beats the Hogs in Bud Walton. I hope we can at least find common ground there.

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The piece I did pull, you ignored, but I wasn't talking about my own statistical analysis, I was talking about that of someone else that you poo pooed away.

And for the record, saying that it "seems" like you're saying something is not the same as saying it "feels" like you're saying something. I'm sorry that you feel that's the case.

Kinda funny that you used the same tactic I just used, about the board knowing who and what you are. I'm a writer and a mathematician, not a sports expert. You seem to pride yourself on being a basketball expert...who refuses to acknowledge that anyone else has insight besides you, unless it agrees with your insight.

But whatever. We're done. You're free to think whatever you want to think about me. I'm going to eat my birthday supper and hope Auburn beats the Hogs in Bud Walton. I hope we can at least find common ground there.

No I'm a nuclear engineer. Try again. But yes I tend to use a person's logic against them so they can understand. No I'm not a sports expert but in both football and basketball I've played coached and mentored. I've been in the rooms watching D1 coaches recruit both sports and pretty much have a lifetime of experience in it.

I didn't poo poo away anything, it just wasn't relevant to the point I was making at the time

So when on a FORUM if I don't agree with something I will say I don't and then I'll post my reason why. I would think everybody would do such. But once again you don't have any evidence or examples of someone politely talking basketball and I come and tell them they don't know anything. You have no examples of evidence of me saying someone doesn't have knowledge of basketball. That's what you convinced yourself because you FEEL that way. You haven't seen that. 

But you can FEEL whatever you like. I can't dictate that. But yes I hope we win but wouldn't mind a loss if it wakes the team up a bit. My point has always been our guards need to improve to go where everybody wants us to go. I'm a tough critic on guards but hey I've helped develop two D1 all conference guards who started and led their teams. I just know what I know. 

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

So if anybody is ever interested I wouldn't mind talking and showing things that I notice to be able to see stuff that's a problem before they may actually manifest.

And also I would like to talk and explain why I said what I said about turnovers. That's only if anybody would like to discuss though, if not I'm cool with that too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

So if anybody is ever interested I wouldn't mind talking and showing things that I notice to be able to see stuff that's a problem before they may actually manifest.

And also I would like to talk and explain why I said what I said about turnovers. That's only if anybody would like to discuss though, if not I'm cool with that too. 

You are genuinely high on yourself, I'll grant you that much.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

30 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

You are genuinely high on yourself, I'll grant you that much.

Why are you still trying to argue? So childish. What are you mad about? We have a lack of ball handlers. Last night we had turnover problems. Instead of fighting about it like a kid if anybody wonders how i knew that I'm saying I will discuss it and literally give out gems that was taught to me be freaking Coach Ciampi!!!! And it really seems that he knows basketball! 

And then I literally said if you don't want to hear it cool. But I have people who hit me and wanted to hear it.

And I was even respectful to not even say I told you so to anybody. Didn't tag anybody.

The guy that I was in an argument with we talked and moved on but yet still here you are. Lol you're literally mad. What a joke. You didn't even have anything to do with anything. You have absolutely nothing to add or offer. Everything would be fine if you didn't talk. But here you are

Your ego is humorous to say the least. Go ahead and throw your job profession again to make you be something you're not. Go away. If you want to talk basketball talk but if it's not that don't talk to me

Just pretend somebody else said it, then you would have liked the post and went about your day

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

I think it's time to drop the back and forth. No need to continue here or have it follow onto any other thread. This needs to be the last word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2