Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

On 1/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, Ausburn2 said:

Ask the same 100 today and what would they say? In one day Harsin will have been hired 1 year and 1 month. The negative will feed the agenda of a poster.  Winning tones the negative down. Harsin and all Auburn people are not happy with a 6 and 7 season.  Several posters want Harsin to not succeed so they can be right in their predictions. Some "say" Harsin rumples boosters. Criticize all you want to.  Harsin is the man in charge. He is the Auburn coach. We would be bettered served to pull for a first year coach than against.  Finding fault among us is easy.  Thankful to turn the background noise down and let the man work.

They would say "Isn't he the coach Auburn hired from Boise who went 6-7?"

I would love for Harsin to prove me wrong and go 10-2 regular season. We ALL know that ain't happening.

Time to find our rock star. Georgia did. LSU did. USC did. Oklahoma did. We can too.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Say hello to our next head coach!!

14710A7C-3CB6-471D-8BFE-CCF9B25343BC.jpeg

Who can question a "Platinum" record?!

• Haha 1

Whoever had Derek Mason leaving before Will Friend on their bingo card, please step forward and claim your 4* OT 

7 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I would not call LSU and Oklahoma rock stars until they do it in the SEC

What Confused GIF - What Confused Thinking - Discover & Share GIFs

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Been waiting to hear who this rock star is but crickets 

the 4-5 NFL coordinators didn't do enough for you?

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2022 at 2:39 PM, W.E.D said:

Lmao. Before dude coaches in yhe SEC ask 100 fans.

That's a damn awful argument.

Better yet, ask the top 100 SEC recruits. 

Is that a damn awful argument?

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

Better yet, ask the top 100 SEC recruits. 

Is that a damn awful argument?

I'd bet if you asked the top 100 recruits in SEC states, more would know who our HC is vs who our RB coach is.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 6:16 PM, TeamZero77 said:

I've seen, just in this thread alone, that you mention wanting a "rock star head coach" and you mentioned "rock star coordinator." So it's obvious you are wanting a rock star, big name coach whenever Auburn decides to hire another head coach. If you are expecting or wanting our PTB to do that, you are setting yourself up to be disappointed. When has Auburn EVER hired a rock star head coach in football? 

Shug Jordan wasn't a big name.

Barfield was promoted from OC to HC

Pat Dye was coaching Wyoming

Terry Bowden was coaching Samford

Tuberville was barely .500 at Ole Miss

Chizik was about to get canned at ISU

Malzahn had 1 season at Arkansas St.

Harsin was 69-19 at Boise State

So tell me why do you set yourself up to be disappointed wanting a big name HC at Auburn?

Because of the HCs at nearly every single annual opponent, we are getting left behind in the rock star race. Even MSU has a bigger rock star than we do. The CFB world has completely changed. HCs are adapting every single day to the changes.

Whether you like it or you don’t like it, it’s ALL about recruiting. Our opponents have bigger rock star HCs than we do. We are getting left behind. 

So tell me why do you set yourself up to be disappointed stuck with a little name HC at Auburn?

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'd bet if you asked the top 100 recruits in SEC states, more would know who our HC is vs who our RB coach is.

If he hasn’t contacted them yet, not a chance. Everyone in football knows the name Cadillac. 

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Been waiting to hear who this rock star is but crickets 

Fickell would be an interesting name if he has not changed school by the time Harsin is let go. Also Dan Campbell is someone i would love love love to fall into our laps. Assuming he doesn't turn things around in Detroit of course. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

I would not call LSU and Oklahoma rock stars until they do it in the SEC. 

If you think we’re going to out-recruit Brian Kelly at LSU and Venables at OU with Boise’s ex…

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

If he hasn’t contacted them yet, not a chance. Everyone in football knows the name Cadillac. 

And they have no idea if he's the RB coach at Auburn unless they are an RB or being recruited by him.  Much more ppl know who Auburn's HC is.

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Fickell would be an interesting name if he has not changed school by the time Harsin is let go. Also Dan Campbell is someone i would love love love to fall into our laps. Assuming he doesn't turn things around in Detroit of course. 

Fickell isn't leaving the mid-west.  

Just now, gravejd said:
1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Fickell isn't leaving the mid-west.

Something went wrong with my quote attempt. But yeah....never say never. 

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

But yeah....never say never.

He's never coached outside of Ohio.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

He may be like Peterson in that he has a solid family reason for staying in that area.

He's just from there.  He doesn't have a child that needs medical attention.

He's also very catholic, which will probably go over as well with the Highlands boosters as Harsin's unknown religious status

By all indications Fickell did not even entertain Notre Dame but some thing he would consider Auburn. He will be the next coach at tOSU once Ryan Day moves on. I think that’s the job he is waiting on.

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Dan Campbell would be very interesting.  He is dealing with a dysfunctional front office in Detroit, he might could handle the dysfunctional athletic department and PTBs that Auburn would present.

Edited by Carnell

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And they have no idea if he's the RB coach at Auburn unless they are an RB or being recruited by him.  Much more ppl know who Auburn's HC is.

The point is they know CFB legends and Top 5 NFL picks, regardless of position. Cadillac has nation-wide clout. No one knew who the hell Harsin was before he took the AU job outside the NW and ARK St.

17 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

By all indications Fickell did not even entertain Notre Dame but some thing he would consider Auburn. He will be the next coach at tOSU once Ryan Day moves on. I think that’s the job he is waiting on.

Agreed. OSU, Michigan or Penn St.