Coach Derek Mason out?

Tony4AU

2 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Dan Campbell would be very interesting.  He is dealing with a dysfunctional front office in Detroit, he might could handle the dysfunctional athletic department and PTBs that Auburn would present.

If Dan “bite your knee caps” Campbell is considered rock star hire. Then let’s add Leftwich, Bienemy,  Brian Daboll (who I really like) to the list. These guys have accomplished just as much if not more than Campbell. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Even MSU has a bigger rock star than we do.

lmao, cmon.  Leach is such a massive super star & is near dead last in the SEC in recruiting.  Edging out Vandy

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

If Dan “bite your knee caps” Campbell is considered rock star hire. Then let’s add Leftwich, Bienemy,  Brian Daboll (who I really like) to the list. These guys have accomplished just as much if not more than Campbell. 

Hmmmm i guess i was confused and thinking about Matt Campbell. I thought he had moved on to the NFL from Iowa St. I like Matt Campbell and think he would be a good hire. But definitely not "rock star" status. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

The point is they know CFB legends and Top 5 NFL picks, regardless of position. Cadillac has nation-wide clout. No one knew who the hell Harsin was before he took the AU job outside the NW and ARK St.

You're drastically overselling the clout of Carnell.  He played in the SE, then flamed out due to injury after a great rookie year.

• Dislike 1

Probably more splashy regionally than nationally, but how bad would Auburn and uat people freak out if we hired DeMeco Ryans?

Making a name for himself in NFL coaching ranks and getting looks for HC jobs, especially if they win the Super Bowl.

WDE!

Edit:  Current DC for the 49ers.  

Edited by MadtownTiger

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lmao, cmon.  Leach is such a massive super star & is near dead last in the SEC in recruiting.  Edging out Vandy

The Pirate whooped Harsin’s ass in JH. lmao indeed. 

MSU (or Ole Miss or ARK) should never ever under any circumstances out-recruit AU, no matter the HCs. That is a given. 

The point is…which you continue to avoid…is every HC in the SEC minus Vandy’s is more well-known than Harsin. Tack on the lack of talent he has put in the NFL. That is a huge negative in recruiting. If you don’t think competing HCs aren’t using that against us…you’re gonna die alongside him on that hill. 

39 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're drastically overselling the clout of Carnell.  He played in the SE, then flamed out due to injury after a great rookie year.

Nope. Everyone in fball knows the name Cadillac, esp the SE.

48 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I did not say he is a rock star hire I was joking about Campbell as a coach but dead serious about the dysfunction within Auburn and poking fun at it.  As far as some of the names you mentioned I have been mentioning Bienemy along with Dennis Allen and Todd Boles as excellent options for HC.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Viper said:

The Pirate whooped Harsin’s ass in JH. lmao indeed. 

And Gus destroyed him at multiple schools. Is Gus a great coach and who we need right now??

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

MSU (or Ole Miss or ARK) should never ever under any circumstances out-recruit AU, no matter the HCs. That is a given. 

Neither are out recruiting us. Go look at yhe damn HS rankings.

28 minutes ago, Viper said:

The point is…which you continue to avoid…is every HC in the SEC minus Vandy’s is more well-known than Harsin. Tack on the lack of talent he has put in the NFL. That is a huge negative in recruiting. If you don’t think competing HCs aren’t using that against us…you’re gonna die alongside him on that hill. 

Yes somehow he's recruiting a touch behind Bama, UGA, and Texas A&M.

No one knew her Urban was. Most ppl didn't know who Napier was. Beamer isn't "well known" in any sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

By all indications Fickell did not even entertain Notre Dame but some thing he would consider Auburn. He will be the next coach at tOSU once Ryan Day moves on. I think that’s the job he is waiting on.

Exactly. 

We also got people calling Brent Venable a rockstar head coache but he is approximately 0-0 as a head coach. Very logical. 

• Haha 1

Rockstars of the past: Petrino, Pelini, Herman. Somebody help me out. Who else?

12 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Rockstars of the past: Petrino, Pelini, Herman. Somebody help me out. Who else?

Turner Gill?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Because of the HCs at nearly every single annual opponent, we are getting left behind in the rock star race. Even MSU has a bigger rock star than we do. The CFB world has completely changed. HCs are adapting every single day to the changes.

Whether you like it or you don’t like it, it’s ALL about recruiting. Our opponents have bigger rock star HCs than we do. We are getting left behind. 

So tell me why do you set yourself up to be disappointed stuck with a little name HC at Auburn?

Enough of this rock star obsession. Meyer and Saban were not "rock stars" at Florida and LSU before they got there.  Meyer was big time at Utah (same conference as Boise when he was there) before he came to Fla. where he won the whole thing twice. 

You don't know or understand that Boise has a better all time (winning) record against top 10 D1 teams than Auburn's all time losing record vs top 10. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

And Gus destroyed him at multiple schools. Is Gus a great coach and who we need right now??

Neither are out recruiting us. Go look at yhe damn HS rankings.

Yes somehow he's recruiting a touch behind Bama, UGA, and Texas A&M.

No one knew her Urban was. Most ppl didn't know who Napier was. Beamer isn't "well known" in any sense.

Gus beat the Pirate a whopping two times. First time coaching the 2nd best team in the Nation against Washington State and took until the 4th quarter to put them away. 2nd time beat the 4-win Bulldogs. Hail Gus!

AGAIN…MSU, Ole Miss & ARK is not, has not, should not and should never out-recruit AU, no matter who the HCs are. Never said any of them did. But their HCs are more well-known than Harsin. 

“A touch behind bammer, GA and A&M”??? Talk about lmao. 

Urban went undefeated at freaking Utah. Napier had sustained success all 4 seasons at freaking LA Lafayette. He has the only two double digit win seasons in the entire history of their program. Rajin Cajuns used to be a perennial cupcake and a homecoming opponent and is not far behind again. Beamer has the last name. Folks know the name Beamer.

Harsin didn’t build Boise. ALL Petersen. He was handed a program with long-sustained success. After Petersen left for UW, no one outside the NW knew or cared who took over Boise because it was the program Petersen built. 

Bottom line…Harsin was AU’s 3rd or 4th choice after Mario and Napier said no thanks. He is a minnow in an ocean. 

Edited by Viper
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Enough of this rock star obsession. Meyer and Saban were not "rock stars" at Florida and LSU before they got there.  Meyer was big time at Utah (same conference as Boise when he was there) before he came to Fla. where he won the whole thing twice. 

You don't know or understand that Boise has a better all time (winning) record against top 10 D1 teams than Auburn's all time losing record vs top 10. 

Did Harsin go undefeated at Boise after YEARS of Petersen building it for him? Who built Utah prior to Meyer going undefeated?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Viper said:

Did Harsin go undefeated at Boise after YEARS of Petersen building it for him? Who built Utah prior to Meyer going undefeated?

Did Harsin NOT learn under Peterson? And Harsin DID have HC experience when we hired him.

Did Kirby learn under saban? Did Kirby have HC experience?

There are very few "SURE THINGS' in the coaching business. To look out there and surmise that your choices would all be better than Harsin is sheer lunacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Viper said:

AGAIN…MSU, Ole Miss & ARK is not, has not, should not and should never out-recruit AU, no matter who the HCs are. Never said any of them did. But their HCs are more well-known than Harsin. 

One person's "well known" is another's "infamous". 

You're right, everybody knows when the Pirate locks Craig James's son in an equipment room, gets his ass fired and sues everybody in the TTU administration...and when Pat Haden leaves Joey Freshwater on the tarmac at the airport after a miserable bowl game loss. 

Not sure anybody knows one fatass former lineman from another coaching the Hogs.  

And in case you've not been out of the great state of Alabama, Birmingham is NOT the football capitol of the south.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland

On 1/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

You're using the same profile pic for both aliases?  I may be a dumbass, but....

Tell us again…who’s the dumbass?

1 hour ago, CCTAU said:

Did Harsin NOT learn under Peterson? And Harsin DID have HC experience when we hired him.

Did Kirby learn under saban? Did Kirby have HC experience?

There are very few "SURE THINGS' in the coaching business. To look out there and surmise that your choices would all be better than Harsin is sheer lunacy.

Kirbs knows how to recruit blue chip talent. YEARS of experience doing it prior to becoming a HC. Can you name a single blue chip (5-star) Harsin signed at Boise?

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Is this for PoD only, or can anyone answer?

For anyone that is accusing me of “using the same profile pic for both aliases.” 

If you can figure that out, perhaps you can explain it to dumbass.