Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

44 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

There is one thing that will throw water on the fire at this point.. Splash OC  hire! Someone that is a home run .. 

I don't think CBH is looking for that kind of hire. He's gonna call the plays, he wants a QB coach. 

Sounds familiar, but that's what we are probably going to do. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I totally thought you were going a different direction with the gif before the words popped up. Like the Brodie looks like Sly direction.

954735D3-5FC2-4A28-9FF5-15BD5E6EE06B.jpeg

E2044EF1-534A-475C-B335-B6EC84752D07.jpeg

The resemblance is uncanny from the Iron Bowl. qmuAt94.gif

I don’t think the kids saw a product on the field this year that makes them want to play at Auburn.. see Ole Miss.. Kids are excited to play for Kiffen.. that’s why our players are going there.. I think Harsin needs to adapt already to create some excitement.. time to hire a great OC

• Like 3

Adapt or be left behind.. it’s sad that it needs to happen after one season but I like Harsin and I think he is the man for the job but his Offense doesn’t excite these transfers and recruits.. time to adapt.. bring in a fire OC.. back the brinks truck up and make it happen and watch Auburn turn around quickly.. JMO

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

I don’t think the kids saw a product on the field this year that makes them want to play at Auburn.. see Ole Miss.. Kids are excited to play for Kiffen.. that’s why our players are going there.. I think Harsin needs to adapt already to create some excitement.. time to hire a great OC

I mean Auburn’s offense looked pretty damn good against Ole Miss…the QB and passing numbers were comparable and Tank ran for over a 100, not to mention Auburn beat them, and was predicted to lose. Who has left offensively for Ole Miss besides Johnson?

21 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I mean Auburn’s offense looked pretty damn good against Ole Miss…the QB and passing numbers were comparable and Tank ran for over a 100, not to mention Auburn beat them, and was predicted to lose. Who has left offensively for Ole Miss besides Johnson?

Well Hunter said he is hearing another receiver is leaving..besides Johnson..  hasn’t happened yet but wouldn’t be surprised if it does .. and probably be heading to Mississippi.. Kiffin offense is gonna always be very productive .. Kids want to play for him.. Auburn can become that but need to throw some cash at a great proven OC

I can handle being behind Bama and Ga in recruiting and even A&M but to be getting out recruited by the Missouri and Kentucky that’s shameful.. Ole Miss has killed it in recruiting and transfer portal.. it’s gonna pay off for them.. Auburn don’t need to set on their hands and be left behind.. They need to stir up some excitement in Auburn football.. I’ll get off my soapbox.. and I haven’t given up on Harsin but he needs to make a statement with this hire that we aren’t going down without a fight.. War Eagle!

Edited by auburnfaithful72

FWIW Greg McElroy was on Finebaum earlier this afternoon and he stated in so many words that Austin Davis had shown some pretty serious signs that it wasn’t going to work out.  Also, said there’s still time to hire an OC and that he still feels that Harsin is a good coach but the current issues need to be addressed so that they don’t escalate.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, gctiger said:

FWIW Greg McElroy was on Finebaum earlier this afternoon and he stated in so many words that Austin Davis had shown some pretty serious signs that it wasn’t going to work out.  Also, said there’s still time to hire an OC and that he still feels that Harsin is a good coach but the current issues need to be addressed so that they don’t escalate.  

Did not see the show.  Did McElroy specify what the signs were.

13 minutes ago, Carnell said:

No. That he was just unfit for the job and it was either he was leaving on his terms or Harsin was going to have to fire him. 

3 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

And you don't know what stipulations were in his contract. 

Okay.  You got me.  His contract may have actually read that he could have been demoted to second shift bus driver but they handed him $30M instead to go away.  That seems reasonable.  I mean HC get demoted all the time in college football.

3 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Each of these contracts was poorly designed by AU, first by Leath/Greene and now by Gouge(?)/Greene, which have compromised AU's future contracts.  AU is going in the WRONG direction with its contracts which consequently has attracted inferior coaching talent.

The mistake they made with Gus in 2017 (besides the amount and giving him an extension at all) was not having a clause for reducing the buyout with future earnings.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Well Hunter said he is hearing another receiver is leaving..besides Johnson..  hasn’t happened yet but wouldn’t be surprised if it does .. and probably be heading to Mississippi.. Kiffin offense is gonna always be very productive .. Kids want to play for him.. Auburn can become that but need to throw some cash at a great proven OC

According to SEC rules if they haven’t entered the portal as of midnight Tuesday they couldn’t transfer to another SEC school and play the same year. 

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

According to SEC rules if they haven’t entered the portal as of midnight Tuesday they couldn’t transfer to another SEC school and play the same year. 

Ok.. didn’t realize that..

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

Sounds odd…wonder who McElroy’s source is..

30 minutes ago, Carnell said:

He spoke in very general terms and no specifics were mentioned.  

Not sure how many offensive analysts are needed each season, but did notice 3 new ones on au twitter today.  One was very cheeky on his welcome to the plains tweet.   I like his humor already!  

1 hour ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Those Hunter tweets you posted are not the real Hunter. Just some dude on Twitter. Could still be true, but who knows. 

51 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Sounds odd…wonder who McElroy’s source is..

I thought the same. Hardly anyone has a beat on the Harsin administration, and I'd be shocked if Greg had an inside. Maybe Cole Cubelic knows and wouldn't say what Greg said out loud, but who knows. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, e808 said:

Again there’s a difference in playing every blue moon and playing on a weekly basis . I can guarantee u that lesser talent won’t fly now and Georgia is a much different animal than in 2011.

Obviously Boise would not have won the SEC if they had to play an SEC schedule every week, given their roster of 2 and 3 stars. Probably would have a winning conference record though. My point was those of you who think those coaches coming from smaller conferences out west are inferior, is flat out wrong. Boise is 6-3 all time when playing teams ranked in the TOP 10. I threw in the 2011 win against Georgia, at Ga, as an example of Boise’s competitiveness against superior, almighty SEC talent. Now that Harsin now has most of the retread SEC coaches out of the way, the scheme and development of players will get better every year. 
Recruiting will be the big challenge in years two and three due to the huge established  advantage that Ga and Bammer have, the new world of the transfer portal, and the untimely changes in coaching at Auburn in the last couple months right as Harsin is into that critical second year of rebuilding a talent roster. 
He and his staff will coach up whoever they end up with. The shame of it is he was led or forced to think he had to hire Bobo, Mason, and Friend. I’m glad two of those three are gone. Friend is not an asset, so hope he is shown the door also. The timing of the departures sucks for recruiting, but it had to be done. 

4 hours ago, The Freak said:

Okay.  You got me.  His contract may have actually read that he could have been demoted to second shift bus driver but they handed him $30M instead to go away.  That seems reasonable.  I mean HC get demoted all the time in college football.

The mistake they made with Gus in 2017 (besides the amount and giving him an extension at all) was not having a clause for reducing the buyout with future earnings.  

That's funny.  Reminds me of a line from Zero Dark Thirty, "okay, you got me", which may be a premonition.  

Look, I'm being facetious about the demotion idea.  That idea came from an Italian friend of mine who knew that I was pissed about the renewal of Gus' contract.  He told me of how an Italian soccer coach who had an outrageous salary was demoted because of his incompetence in coaching and my friend suggested that would be a good dose of medicine for self-serving coaches like Malzahn.  That stunt set Italian soccer on fire and all the team's coaches got the message is what I was told.  

Everything that I've said about coaches' contracts I am adamant about.  AU is being destroyed by poor negotiations.  They (AD Greene et al, Gouge ?) have written bad contracts and rely on 1 (800) Yella Fella for the wrong reasons.

WDE !!!

• Like 1