Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

They are posting pictures of someone? Yeah that’s messed up. Hope no one does that here. That rumor smells like hot garbage.

Her name is public b/c she works for a public institution and her Instagram isn't private, mainly b/c she promotes Auburn on there some.  Probably part of being in PR/Communications.  

So, not in their defense, but it's easy to get pics of ppl these days. 

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if the losers that started the lie are Auburn’s own brass.

I know rich ppl can be notoriously cheep, but you'd think Rane could empty the change in his pockets and come up with the $15 million we'd owe him pretty quickly

9 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Everyone better be hoping all of that is false. If it is false, what a bunch of losers to float a lie out there like that. 

If true, we are sunk.

Its not true.

• Like 3

I think everyone in our fan base should just take a second to calm down and get back to the task at hand. Which is bi*ching about the atrocious job Harsin has done thus far. No need to talk about anything else that has to do with him. The work hes done carry’s the load by itself.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Her name is public b/c she works for a public institution and her Instagram isn't private, mainly b/c she promotes Auburn on there some.  Probably part of being in PR/Communications.  

So, not in their defense, but it's easy to get pics of ppl these days. 

It is very easy. But still I know you said in no defense of them but I just wanted to add that needs to be off limits no need to bring anybody else into this. Just be disgruntled at Harsin and move on. Imo 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I think everyone in our fan base should just take a second to calm down and get back to the task at hand. Which is bi*ching about the atrocious job Harsin has done this far. No need to talk about anything else that has to do with him. The work hes done carry’s the load by itself.

Yes. I’m certainly disappointed like everyone else with our HC. But I’am more disappointed in some of the fanbases trash response 

• Like 4

Just now, W.E.D said:

I know rich ppl can be notoriously cheep, but you'd think Rane could empty the change in his pockets and come up with the $15 million we'd owe him pretty quickly

Yeah, you would think. If they want the man gone there are definitely easier ways of getting him to leave, like paying him, but something like a sex scandal sure would leave Auburn smelling like roses, compared to firing a coach before you have really given him a chance. I’m not in the football complex everyday, it may be chaos, but you would have to think that just firing the guy at the 1 year mark would keep any coach worth his salt from even sniffing us, but hey, if you had to fire the coach because he was playing hanky pankey with a subordinate, then Auburn just did what they had to. You know Auburn men and everything.

4 minutes ago, Sthrndream said:

So we have an OC opening and this happens...something is definitely going on

Bodie Reeder

Uhh, Reeder has the opportunity to go back to a position of coaching offense rather that analyzing film all day?

There is a reasonably charitable way to view this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We lost Bodie Reeder?!! Now we are officially Arkansas. 

image.gif.9b66c8e844c3cf0a099c21304b8f63c6.gif

That game where we sacked him 11 times was awesome!

Edited by wcware
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Tate has really let the board slip into a cesspool.  Everyone tries to have a terrible over the top schtick.  No on is authentic.  They are scared to put out information quickly & On3 breaks all the stories now...even if they are only batting 85%.

I guess they finally deleted that thread last night.

Yep, the Rant is even WORSE and even those mods had the decency to zap the thread on there with a link to her Twitter. 

If the Bunker is a cesspool then the Rant is the sludge at the bottom of the cesspool. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Not gonna lie this one got me almost shot my drink out my nose 😂😂

13 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The sad thing is we might be worse than Arkansas at this point 

45 minutes ago, wcware said:

Yeah, you would think. If they want the man gone there are definitely easier ways of getting him to leave, like paying him, but something like a sex scandal sure would leave Auburn smelling like roses, compared to firing a coach before you have really given him a chance. I’m not in the football complex everyday, it may be chaos, but you would have to think that just firing the guy at the 1 year mark would keep any coach worth his salt from even sniffing us, but hey, if you had to fire the coach because he was playing hanky pankey with a subordinate, then Auburn just did what they had to. You know Auburn men and everything.

The sex scandal stuff reminds me of the end of the Bowden days.  I was a student at that time and always wondered who in the hell would be involved in an affair with TERRY BOWDEN 😂🤮

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

The sad thing is we might be worse than Arkansas at this point 

TBH, Sam Pittman was a freaking perfect hire for Arkansas. Good for them for recognizing what they needed and making it happen, even though at the time nobody thought it was sexy.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

The sex scandal stuff reminds me of the end of the Bowden days.  I was a student at that time and always wondered who in the hell would be involved in an affair with TERRY BOWDEN 😂🤮

Bobby Petrino wasn't exactly a prize himself...... lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elephant Tipper said:

What we should have done is hire Harsin as head coach and demote Malzahn to OC.  

I'm fairly certain that Malzahn's contract contained stipulations that he couldn't be demoted.  Jimmy Sexton is his agent and you can bet that the contract is extremely thorough.

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

I'm fairly certain that Malzahn's contract contained stipulations that he couldn't be demoted.  Jimmy Sexton is his agent and you can bet that the contract is extremely thorough.

Yeah, I thought about that too.  Who knows ?  If that stipulation were in Malzahn's contract, then they knew that was a potential conversation if his record went bad, which underscores my point, accountability.  We're losing control of that over our coaches and the present conversation about Harsin is more of the same.

WDE !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

He was rich and had power. That’s enough for some women. 

28 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Yeah, I thought about that too.  Who knows ?  If that stipulation were in Malzahn's contract, then they knew that was a potential conversation if his record went bad, which underscores my point, accountability.  We're losing control of that over our coaches and the present conversation about Harsin is more of the same.

WDE !!!

I'd bet a steak dinner that most coaches have that stipulation in their contracts regardless of who their agent may be.  I know I'd certainly have it in mine to protect my career interests.

2 hours ago, wcware said:

TBH, Sam Pittman was a freaking perfect hire for Arkansas. Good for them for recognizing what they needed and making it happen, even though at the time nobody thought it was sexy.

But Arky got out of his way and let him do his job. Auburn has not done that since the Dye years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wcware said:

That game where we sacked him 11 times was awesome!

No that was Brodie Croyle...