Auburn OC Search, Part III

W.E.D

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

From what I've seen, we don't have a QB on the level of Nix...which is where a number of our wins came from. We lost some pretty big players on defense and a good bit of depth plus we're replacing the coordinator again. We lost our top receiver, a few OL starters with not much coming in and our schedule gets tougher with AL, UGA and the Miss schools on the road. 

I'll say that if we can pull off 8 wins this season, any fires under Harsin's seat should quickly extinguish. 

Calzada likely will better at the deep ball then Nix and an overall better passer but not as much of a threat to run.  Push maybe even a gain.

We did lose three major contributors on defense but we return a ton of starters and have talent coming in through transfers, we didn't actually lose that much depth. Push.  

New DC runs the same scheme. Push.

As others have said in this thread losing Kobe not as big of a deal as we might think. Still prob a loss though, no Push here.

Majority of Oline coming back for like their 8th season. Push maybe even be better in year 2 under Harsin.

Schedule definitely tougher. Loss.

Playcalling under Harsin will be improved per the Houston game. Win/gain.

I still think this is very close to the same team as last year.  IMO of course.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Wrong thread? 

yes, deleted now.  Thank you for allowing my shame to live on, however.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

yes, deleted now.  Thank you for allowing my shame to live on, however.

No problem man, That's what I was thinking. 

Got to Quote this before he deletes it. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

Calzada likely will better at the deep ball then Nix and an overall better passer but not as much of a threat to run.  Push maybe even a gain.

We did lose three major contributors on defense but we return a ton of starters and have talent coming in through transfers, we didn't actually lose that much depth. Push.  

New DC runs the same scheme. Push.

As others have said in this thread losing Kobe not as big of a deal as we might think. Still prob a loss though, no Push here.

Majority of Oline coming back for like their 8th season. Push maybe even be better in year 2 under Harsin.

Schedule definitely tougher. Loss.

Playcalling under Harsin will be improved per the Houston game. Win/gain.

I still think this is very close to the same team as last year.  IMO of course.

I hope you're right. 

Nix wasn't just a better runner, he was a playmaker. He created offense when Tank and our receivers were completely shut down. That's difficult to replace and I haven't seen that ability out of Calzada yet. 

Roger McCreary is not going to be easily replaced, nor McClain. That's two All Sec players. We also have lost a lot of depth to the portal. Hard to see this a push. 

I don't know what the new DC runs. We weren't lights out on D last season and we're changing multiple coaches on that side of the ball. Not a push. 

Oline, hope you're right. We lost some experience and didn't replace it with depth. 

I agree that we're close to last year's team...but that was a 6 win team. I'm not sure I see two wins better on paper with the schedule we have, but that's why they play them. If Harsin can pull down 8 or 9 wins, he'll have me convinced!

2 hours ago, e808 said:

I ask u this. Yes LSU was a good win but where is the coach now and did Auburn win or lose to Alabama. Taking Bama to the wire don’t mean much in the wins and losses category. Respectfully 

You can twist any way you want to fit the narrative, but...

1. We have always had trouble beating LSU there, so ANY win regardless of their situation was a positive. And you know there were years we were the better team and still lost down there.

2. Would you rather have lost to Alabama 30-0 at home bc we  were down to our backup QB who struggled? We held our own, and with any last minute break(Not going out of bounds), we win that game.

So, there were positives in wins and losses...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

You can twist any way you want to fit the narrative, but...

1. We have always had trouble beating LSU there, so ANY win regardless of their situation was a positive. And you know there were years we were the better team and still lost down there.

2. Would you rather have lost to Alabama 30-0 at home bc we  were down to our backup QB who struggled? We held our own, and with any last minute break(Not going out of bounds), we win that game.

So, there were positives in wins and losses...

I acknowledged the LSU win but wasn’t he not canned for having a crappy team. It doesn’t matter to close margin or big margin at the end of the day it’s a loss which is apart is the losing streak. If Auburn is in the same position next year u think people gonna care if Auburn has 7 or 8 close losses. The coach is getting paid to win games. No moral victories.

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I acknowledged the LSU win but wasn’t he not canned for having a crappy team. It doesn’t matter to close margin or big margin at the end of the day it’s a loss which is apart is the losing streak. If Auburn is in the same position next year u think people gonna care if Auburn has 7 or 8 close losses. The coach is getting paid to win games. No moral victories.

Not to mention the fact that the reason the Bama game was so close was in large part due to a coach that is no longer with the team. Its not just about the Jimmies and Joes next year. We will have anew qb in. A new system with new coaches. That's a lot to not expect some hard lump growing pains. 

20 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

We held our own, and with any last minute break(Not going out of bounds), we win that game.

Thanks...was doing fine without re-living that nightmare...

16 minutes ago, shabby said:

Not to mention the fact that the reason the Bama game was so close was in large part due to a coach that is no longer with the team. Its not just about the Jimmies and Joes next year. We will have anew qb in. A new system with new coaches. That's a lot to not expect some hard lump growing pains. 

Some of that maybe true but most acknowledge that this Bama team wasn’t on par with previous teams. CBH is getting paid millions to figure this all out. The 2023 season becomes really interesting because pretty much the entire OL, tank and what was left of the defense from the last regime is gone.

All the whiners need to put on their big boy pants and start supporting Harsin, and he needs your support and encouragement the most, TODAY.  

If what I've read on AUF about DM and AD is true, that these "men" haven't been truthful about themselves and their motives, then how can Harsin be held accountable ?  He can't read their minds, can he ?  With Bobo tanking the second half of the season, Harsin made the right call and fired him.  He took corrective action.  You should be upset with DM, Bobo and AD for they have done to AU's program, not Harsin.  Harsin is OUR anchor.

AU's success is up to the fanbase to show its loyalty when most needed, and Harsin needs to know that he's not working for a bunch of whiners with a loser mentality.  Most of the whiners on this forum probably have never experienced real adversity and you're the ones who will suffer the most in life without the discipline of courage when those events happen.

Harsin is going to bring success to Auburn !  SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR COACH HARSIN !

WDE !!!

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

All the whiners need to put on their big boy pants and start supporting Harsin, and he needs your support and encouragement the most, TODAY.  

If what I've read on AUF about DM and AD is true, that these "men" haven't been truthful about themselves and their motives, then how can Harsin be held accountable ?  He can't read their minds, can he ?  With Bobo tanking the second half of the season, Harsin made the right call and fired him.  He took corrective action.  You should be upset with DM, Bobo and AD for they have done to AU's program, not Harsin.  Harsin is OUR anchor.

AU's success is up to the fanbase to show its loyalty when most needed, and Harsin needs to know that he's not working for a bunch of whiners with a loser mentality.  Most of the whiners on this forum probably have never experienced real adversity and you're the ones who will suffer the most in life without the discipline of courage when those events happen.

Harsin is going to bring success to Auburn !  SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR COACH HARSIN !

WDE !!!

I don’t know what you do for a living, but the boss always has the ultimate responsibility. It’s his program. He hired all three of those guys. I think he did a good job hiring Mason. Bobo and AD not so much. But he’s also responsible for creating the environment that made Mason want to leave. I’ll blame a coordinator for a bad game, but this isn’t that. This is a program in free fall. 

I’ll support Harsin when he fixes this crap. He hasn’t done one thing, but be the head coach of a football program that’s falling apart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

He'll turn us down once again, just like he turned Harsin down last year.  idk why ppl keep bring him up every time

He turned down Gus a few times as well

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t know what you do for a living, but the boss always has the ultimate responsibility. It’s his program. He hired all three of those guys. I think he did a good job hiring Mason. Bobo and AD not so much. But he’s also responsible for creating the environment that made Mason want to leave. I’ll blame a coordinator for a bad game, but this isn’t that. This is a program in free fall. 

I’ll support Harsin when he fixes this crap. He hasn’t done one thing, but be the head coach of a football program that’s falling apart.

I'M THE BOSS and OWNER of the company, so I know EXACTLY what Harsin is experiencing. Been there done that multiple times with similar situations and it cost me a bundle.  People can be deceitful and Harsin has been clearly deceived.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Have any OC candidates surfaced outside of the usual Suspects? The mods on the pay sites must be getting stonewalled...no info leaking from what I can find

Zak Hill and Mike Bobo are available

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

I'M THE BOSS and OWNER of the company, so I know EXACTLY what Harsin is experiencing. Been there done that multiple times with similar situations and it cost me a bundle.  People can be deceitful and Harsin has been clearly deceived.

When you say 'the company'

we really talkin' bout... THE company?

:whistle:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah match made in heaven

Who cares about them being a match ?  Malzahn was there to do a job, instead Auburn was played by him.  Having Malzahn demoted to OC would have forced him to perform or else face the future consequences when considered for employment;  he would have burned his own career being subpar....again.  It would have been a second major strike against Gus.  If he chose to leave, then doing so would have been under AU's terms, not his.  Instead, we let him leave on his terms........all 49 million of them.

1 hour ago, Elephant Tipper said:

WDE !!!

Im Having Dejavu All Over Again GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Elephant Tipper said:

WDE !!!

We just lost another WR to the portal. 19 whiner players and 5  loser coaches to this point. The Titanic evacuation looks calm in comparison.