Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

2 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

That’s what I thought. Possibly the one that Harsin has been accused of having an inappropriate relationship with?

Well here we go again! Why speculate to that. Do you have anything at all that would lead anyone to that conclusion 

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Will they even acknowledge the investigation or will they just make some “hey everybody, we can’t wait to see Coach Harsin continue to do great thing here at Auburn” a** statement? That’s the question.

They've already acknowledged it started.  They'll say it ended and Harsin is the best!!!

Or they'll fire him

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Company I worked for exit interviews were requested for all salaried employees that left of their own accord (retirement included). HR typically conducted or supervision from different department sat in. All negative points were REQUIRED to be investigated. Maybe something similar here.

Well leave it up to Auburn and it’s beat writers to turn something so standard into national news that ESPN picks up. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I think there needs to be an investigation into the people who blew this out of proportion with the abuse and affair rumors. And that girl who was involved should be collecting a check from someone.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The worst part of all of this is that we are all going to have to sit here and watch this guy completely burry the football program into the ground and when he eventually does get let go, he’s going to say “oh well I didn’t have the university behind me”. As if anybody is preventing him from traveling to recruit guys who are 20 mins away.

I don’t think he will do that. It will look much better on him to pull it back up to a respectable enough point to move back to a role closer to home.

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Will they even acknowledge the investigation or will they just make some “hey everybody, we can’t wait to see Coach Harsin continue to do great thing here at Auburn” a** statement? That’s the question.

This seems a little too far gone at this point to simply sweep it under the rug and expect no one to notice. There will have to be questions answered regardless of outcome. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The worst part of all of this is that we are all going to have to sit here and watch this guy completely burry the football program into the ground and when he eventually does get let go, he’s going to say “oh well I didn’t have the university behind me”. As if anybody is preventing him from traveling to recruit guys who are 20 mins away.

I agree.  I honestly don't think this investigation is going to make much difference in his outcome.

He was already getting destroyed in state.  He visited 0 recruits & didn't leave Auburn for the first 10 days of the recruiting period.  He's getting out worked by everyone.  We'd probably have a s***ty portal class anyways b/c post spring is meh.

If he stays, he's fired as we sit 2-5 going into the BYE week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Handlebarn Mustache said:

Harsin may not retain his job, but the man is about to take a giant chunk of cash from Auburn. 

If he did nothing wrong, I sure hope so!

Well leave it up to Auburn and it’s beat writers to turn something so standard into national news that ESPN picks up. I wouldn’t be surprised at all. I think there needs to be an investigation into the people who blew this out of proportion with the abuse and affair rumors. And that girl who was involved should be collecting a check from someone.

Well Bryan Harsin didn't need to call Pete Thamel and cry like a bitch & air all our dirty laundry.

Seems weird that is constantly over looked

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t think he will do that. It will look much better on him to pull it back up to a respectable enough point to move back to a role closer to home.

Oh I don’t think he’s going to intentionally do that. But I personally thinks he sucks and has no business coaching in the SEC. He can’t recruit. Our class was held up by Mason and Ethridge. Both will probably be gone by fall.  He will fill roster sports with 3* for the next 3 years and be out the door. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

This seems a little too far gone at this point to simply sweep it under the rug and expect no one to notice. There will have to be questions answered regardless of outcome. 

Yea but do you remember their little tap dance around the coaching search debacle that had everyone thinking we couldn’t find a coach willing to come to Auburn? I do not trust that they will be forthcoming with the info that everyone is going to want.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Well Bryan Harsin didn't need to call Pete Thamel and cry like a bitch & air all our dirty laundry.

Seems weird that is constantly over looked

You’re absolutely right and if they keep him, he should probably have to pay for that decision. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You did this. We did this. Geesh. It's not the media anymore. They monitor us. And they got all that crap from so called AUBURN fans. We have to own it. uat got their crap together when they all pulled the same way. They had to hit rock bottom till that happened. I assume we're not there yet. That's sad. But with NIL, if our PTB wanted go buy a great team, they don't need me, you, or Harsin. They just need to love AU and do it. That's the real world and it wasn't the real world when Harsin was hired 15-16 months ago. 

Edited by JuscAUse!

Frankly at this point we're screwed one way or the other. If we fire him without clear evidence of wrong doing, it's just stupidly throwing money away. Imagine what we could do with $18M in NIL funds. And I'm not sure how we'd be able to hire a decent coach considering how fickle we are with no commitment.

With no clear evidence, let's just ride this baby out and see what happens. Probably not good, but we are so far away from being "good" I don't even give a crap anymore. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Oh of course he does. He’s going to give the University the finger every chance he gets. And he’s going to make them make themselves look as bad as possible.

And you and I would do the same thing!

• Like 2

You’re absolutely right and if they keep him, he should probably have to pay for that decision. 

It looks to me like so far he has handled it in his best interest, which is exactly what he should be doing within reason.

Just now, AUTigerTime said:

Frankly at this point we're screwed one way or the other. If we fire him without clear evidence of wrong doing, it's just stupidly throwing money away. Imagine what we could do with $18M in NIL funds. And I'm not sure how we'd be able to hire a decent coach considering how fickle we are with no commitment.

With no clear evidence, let's just ride this baby out and see what happens. Probably not good, but we are so far away from being "good" I don't even give a crap anymore. Just burn it to the ground and start over.

You think 18 mil is a lot, wait to see what they lose in revenue when he turns us into Arkansas. Right in time for the conference expansion and ABC deal. New era, new conference power alignment.

18 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Take a deep breath brother haha

It's been said in the ESPN article and I believe on here that the dude is so by the book that he's made it clear to staff not to cheat in recruiting. Didn't want to risk his buyout. If that's truly the case, hard to believe he'd be dumb enough to say something racist, etc. Can try to get him for hostile work environment, but come on lol.

Now the longer this drags the worse for everyone, and it looks like he's got us by the nuts. Rightfully so if he's innocent. He either get's 18 mil, a major lawsuit for damages, or gets to keep coaching here after winning a major power struggle with the good ole boys

Harsin has been completely unwilling to play the game the way it has needed to be played at Auburn and certain parts of Auburn's higher ups have not extended itself to try to accommodate such a different guy as Harsin 

I think both of those things can be true 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

Been saying for days there’s a lot to this and that there’s meddling going on 🤷‍♂️

If the university contacted him and said “hey coach, we received some exit interview complaints that we have to look into a little further, per university policy” and he went straight to ESPN to b*tch and make the university look bad, then he was acting maliciously and should be terminated.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Harsin has been completely unwilling to play the game the way it has needed to be played at Auburn and certain parts of Auburn's higher ups have not extended itself to try to accommodate such a different guy as Harsin 

I think both of those things can be true 

Thank you! Pay the damn man and hire freeze 

• Like 3